What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even this early, is there only 3 who can win?

MSIH

Bench
sorry pisswater, just trying to go step by step logically so you can stay with me, i'll take it you agree with my first premise.
so tell me, who from manly has excelled at rep or finals footy?
hopoate, watmough, lyon, ballin, g.stewart, kite, any others?
i'll even include qld cup finals, if you want to say cherry evans

About 8 players won a Grand Final by 40 points about 3 years ago. Two others have won premierships, and three others have either represented NSW, NZ or won Rookie of the Year.

You're probably right, they haven't really excelled.

isaiah

Bench
About 8 players won a Grand Final by 40 points about 3 years ago. Two others have won premierships, and three others have either represented NSW, NZ or won Rookie of the Year.

You're probably right, they haven't really excelled.
yep, 7 played in 08 finals, how did those same 7 go last 2 years?

2 won premierships outside that 7 -galavao and rodney, not likely to cause much harm
and 2 others outside those 9 have played for nsw or nz? hopoate and foran, now there is some outrageous talent

Last edited:

MSIH

Bench
yep, 7 played in 09 finals, how did those same 7 go last 2 years?
explain others?
2 won premierships outside that 7?
and 2 others outside those 9 have played for nsw or nz?

They went better than Brisbane.

Rodney and Joe Galuvao have won Premierships.

Hopoate and Foran.

isaiah

Bench
They went better than Brisbane.

Rodney and Joe Galuvao have won Premierships.

Hopoate and Foran.

better than bris? not in 2009. manly 5th and out in week one, flogged by the cheats
brisbane, 6th but battled thru to the prelim and beaten by the storm by a similar scoreline

Garts

Bench
better than bris? not in 2009. manly 5th and out in week one, flogged by the cheats
brisbane, 6th but battled thru to the prelim and beaten by the storm by a similar scoreline

Where did Brisbane finish in 2010? Not that it matters as we are in 2011 but I felt like posting pointless crap that means very little this year.

Mr Saab

Referee
We've beaten Manly and Brisbane. And were very competitive against St George. We've proven ourselves in our biggest games so far this year, our resume is strong. We're going to murder the Sharks this week, we will be in the 8, then we'll make some noise in September.

We got this?

isaiah

Bench
Tell me what Brisbane has done better than Manly this season. Than I might start to worry. Please provide valid reasons for their credentials rather than delusions.

sorry, i did digress
this year, broncs have generally defended better than the sea eagles, they have some raw young forwards who have rep footy written all over them, and a more skilful backline. manly to me are just a momentum side that play well when they get on top but wont dominate brisbane like they did v the cows in just the last 35 min of the game

firechild

First Grade
sorry, i did digress
this year, broncs have generally defended better than the sea eagles, they have some raw young forwards who have rep footy written all over them, and a more skilful backline. manly to me are just a momentum side that play well when they get on top but wont dominate brisbane like they did v the cows in just the last 35 min of the game

Points conceded:
Manly - 331 (13.8 ppg) 339 after week 1 final (13.6 ppg)
Brisbane - 372 (15.5 ppg) 382 after week 1 final (15.3 ppg)

Manly have only lost 1 game this season by 13+ which was an 18 point loss to the Dragons. Of the 6 losses this season, 3 have been by 2 points (on 2 of those occasions the refs have conceded that crucial errors were made that impacted on the result of the game) so Manly are always in the game. The 2 other losses were round 1, Melbourne in Melbourne (18-6) and Brisbane in Brisbane round 26 (18-10).

isaiah

Bench
Points conceded:
Manly - 331 (13.8 ppg) 339 after week 1 final (13.6 ppg)
Brisbane - 372 (15.5 ppg) 382 after week 1 final (15.3 ppg)

Manly have only lost 1 game this season by 13+ which was an 18 point loss to the Dragons. Of the 6 losses this season, 3 have been by 2 points (on 2 of those occasions the refs have conceded that crucial errors were made that impacted on the result of the game) so Manly are always in the game. The 2 other losses were round 1, Melbourne in Melbourne (18-6) and Brisbane in Brisbane round 26 (18-10).

ahh, average statistics. if only they could win finals games for teams.
i think we learned more about each team in the weekend's finals games.

Biscuits

Juniors
you mean where manly scored 7 tries to 1 infront of a weak home crowd against a cowboys team that on the whole competed quite well, as opposed to the broncos infront of a huge home crowd that won 7 tries to 2 against a weak as piss warriors team.

isaiah

Bench
you mean where manly scored 7 tries to 1 infront of a weak home crowd against a cowboys team that on the whole competed quite well, as opposed to the broncos infront of a huge home crowd that won 7 tries to 2 against a weak as piss warriors team.
probably more that manly struggled to subdue a team that finished 7th and lost their impact forward off the bench a few weeks ago. they only got on a roll after a pretty ordinary inside the 10 call early in the second half.
brisbane seemed to always be in control of their game, and even though manu was awful, the broncs were effective in all aspects of the game

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Still early in the comp but you'd think the top 6 at the moment will go on and make the semi's.

I'm fairly confident that at a neutral venue both Melbourne and Manly would beat St.George comfortably.

Saints to choke in a real premiership race this year.

Manly or Melbourne to win it.

Broncos to put up a fair fight.

Bulldogs and Cowboys will ask a few questions but fall short.

Forget the rest bar a late surge like parra 2009.

Reading up on old threads and found this beauty. Was way off with the bulldogs and is missing the Warriors amazing run.

If Saints had beaten Brisbane it would have been great to watch Manly vs Saints at a neutral venue.

This thread is a great read, many failed predictions and quite a few accurate ones too.