What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everyone Has Their Price...Bennett to Knights

aqua_duck

Coach
Besides it's purely speculation, if we do get Ennis which I very much doubt (and don't personally want) he'd have to come for extreme under considering we have a top quality hooker in De Gois ready to put pen to paper, Boyd would take unders just to stalk Wayne, the only bloke who'd get overs in Snowden. People have to realise that our salary cap won't be just a case of us replacing 400k worth of talent with 400k worth of talent so to speak. Under Tinkler we'll be able to get 3rd party deals in place that we haven't in the past, and we won't have the problem of having to pay overs for players because of the negative stigma that was once associated with the club.
Let's face it, in the past players were never keen to come to Newcastle, and with good reason, the club was run like a Thursday night meat raffle, there were stories everyweek about how the club was going broke, no one had ever heard of Rick Stone and quite frankly our football department was run on a shoe string budget. Even I wouldn't want to sign there if I was a player.
That however has changed, we now have a brand new stadium to rival Skilled park and AAMI park in terms of state of the art modern rugby league stadiums, under Tinkler players know the club is secure financially and they'll be paid on time, under Tinkler, all departments will be properly funded and just as a bonus we've got arguably the best coach the game has ever had.
We use to be the club that a player would go to if he didn't have many other offers but now I definitely see that changing.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
For the record:

A month ago, Bennett phoned Souths chief executive Shane Richardson to tell him he'd gone cold on the notion of coming to Redfern.

Last Thursday, he phoned Richardson to tell him he had warmed to the idea again.

The next day, the Broncos announced Bennett would not be joining them. Somewhere, though, there has been another change of heart. At 10.50am yesterday, Bennett phoned Richardson to deliver the news nobody at Souths wanted to hear.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226038122158

All things aside regarding the merits of Newcastle, it sure doesn't hurt to have two bidders to put some tension in your price.

Nicely played Wayne, masterful effort.

Bicey_18

Bench
Newcastle will be shedding a fair few players though... one of those possibly will be DeGois , which makes way for Ennis

CMUX

Boyd, Snowden, Ennis...so a salary cap doesn't apply to them does it?

BM I know you are not accusing other teams of cheating?

Remember when you said that Souths would have Boys and Nightingale next season?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hutty1986

Immortal

Sounds more like a catholic church kind of thing..

BunniesMan

Immortal

And I explained how they'd be paid for. Nightingale would have replaced Merritt and Boyd would have replaced Sutton and Wesser.
*cough* Inglis, Asotasi, Burgess, Taylor *cough*
Those 4 are less than 1.5 million combined. Look how much overs Tigers are playing for their top end.