What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EVERYONE - When did you decide to support the Eels?

THE HOG

Juniors
To help me get better acquainted with everyone I was hoping you could write a brief reason on why you support the Eels...

I will start with my own....

Its very simple, the name....Brett Kenny. For my sons, it's Jarryd Hayne....LOVE.

fanaticeel

Juniors
My Dad grew up in Granville and even though his family followed the dragons he supported the "locals".

Simple really..I had to follow them coz thats the games Dad took me too.

Now I'm glad I do and I encourage my son to support them too ;-)

84 Baby

Referee
My Dad grew up in Granville and even though his family followed the dragons he supported the "locals".

Simple really..I had to follow them coz thats the games Dad took me too.

Now I'm glad I do and I encourage my son to support them too ;-)
Mine's very similar. My mum grew up in Granville and is a vocal Eels supporter. Plus I hate every other team

yy_cheng

Coach
Prior to '77 - Went for the tigers because I thought tigers had the best logos.
'77 - During the 1st grandfinal that I could remember or meant something. Watched the match with my Uncle who was a mad Dragons supporter. He is one of those loud Uncles so I went for the Eels.

Followed them ever since.

Parra

Referee
Ron Hilditch came to our house to tile a bathroom when I was a kid. He took an autograph book to training and got signatures from all three grades.

At my son's playgroup Nathan Cayless turned up, gave out some Eels footies, showed the kids how to tackle and posed for photos with each kid.

zuke

Juniors
On a windy September grandfinal day back in 1981 at the age of 10. This was tough especially growing up in Lakemba.

slippy

Juniors
1999, I live in NZ and I didnt support the Warriors because I didnt like them, the only other connection I had to the NRL was that my parents were from Parramatta..

I've been in love ever since.

eels_fan

First Grade
My dads company had a corporate box in 98-2000 so went along and watched/ate in style each week. Then got season tickets 01-04 before moving to the gold coast!

slippy

Juniors
1999, I live in NZ and I didnt support the Warriors because I didnt like them, the only other connection I had to the NRL was that my parents were from Parramatta..

I've been in love ever since.

haynemagic

Juniors
Watched my first game of footy 2001 grand final eel vs knights. After that i suddenly became in love with the eels i dont know why but i did even no they lost.

Sparky 74

Juniors
I claim that I started going for the Eels since 79 -
A family friend called me Parra Pete & it stuck so I think that was one of the reasons I went for the EELS.

I still remember my 1st grand final that I watched (Parra & Newtown) nothing like to glory years.

As for my sons I just brain washed them & they love the EELS & (Hate Manly)

EelsFan05

Bench
1986. My mum bought me my first Eels jersey and footy socks when I was five. I bought my nine month old son his first jersey when he was six months old.

Snoochies

First Grade
Was born in Blacktown but have lived in Brissy for 29 out of my 30 years. Parent were/are friends with Brett Kenny's parents through Baseball back in the day and have been raised as a Parra fan and all this time away from my home town, have never come close to supporting Brissy.

MRJUCY

Juniors
Grew up in Epping so the Eels were the local team, my dad & a lot of my extended family are Parra fans too which would have been an influence.
Being born in the late 70's meant I grew up in the Eels golden era which probably helped but I've stuck with them through thick & thin.

Latest posts