What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EVERYONE - When did you decide to support the Eels?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
born and raised in Parra, went to St Pats primary school then Parra Marist High School

every second Saturday arvo we went to the footy at Cumberland Oval

as a kid in Parra thats what you did

Dad grew up in Granville, got me a jersey as a tacker (see below), took me to games; have awesome memories of Grand Final BBQ's in 81, 82, 83 and 86. (There was a not so awesome BBQ in between 83-86).

Still go to games with my Dad when we can (most home games), and even have to go over to his house to watch big games, because my wife can't stand my "footy watching behaviour".

ROGUE

Juniors
grew up on the nth shore in the 70's and my dad and his mates followed maanly and despised parra and particularly pricey.It was inevitable that i would then follow parra and pricey would be my idol and dad has called me a pain in the arse since 77

parra pete

Referee
I claim that I started going for the Eels since 79 -
A family friend called me Parra Pete & it stuck so I think that was one of the reasons I went for the EELS.

I still remember my 1st grand final that I watched (Parra & Newtown) nothing like to glory years.

As for my sons I just brain washed them & they love the EELS & (Hate Manly)

What a good judge of character....

parra pete

Referee
Me, started in 1959 (casually) but became fanatical in 1960 - with Ron Boden as c.c., 1962 the arrival of the mighty Ken Thornett pumped up the intensity...and the rest is history.
Wrote articles for 'Daily Telegraph' from 1962 under the nom de plume of 'Parra Pete' and continued to do so until late 60s (about 1969 from memory).

hybrideel

Bench
Grew up in Guildford and mum is a mad supporter. Had the choice of being disowned or following the eels. Earliest memory of a game was sliding down the hill on a piece of cardboard at Leichhardt at the Panasonic Cup GF in 86. Pretty sure i watched some of the game as well.

woddy

Juniors
81 loved fishing local catch was bass ,catfish and eel i was 10 and went for the eels sorta helped later in life with dad being a manly fan hahahaha

Bazal

Post Whore
No idea, I just always have. My mums side of the family are all Parra fans, her dad was good mates with a lot of the 70's and 80's players, so I guess it was inevitable...

Kornstar

Coach
I was a Bulldogs supporter up until after the 1986 GF, my whole family are Eels supporters and i went for the Dogs out of spite.

I was at the 1986 GF (i was 7 at the time) and i remember the absolute HELL my cousin put me through after the Dogs lost, i cried for hours after and then decided to join the Eels........

Glenn

First Grade
Would have been about 1980/81, went to my first game of Rugby League at North Sydney Oval with my father (who is a Norths supporter), so couldn't be supporting the same team. :lol:

yy_cheng

Coach
I was a Bulldogs supporter up until after the 1986 GF, my whole family are Eels supporters and i went for the Dogs out of spite.

I was at the 1986 GF (i was 7 at the time) and i remember the absolute HELL my cousin put me through after the Dogs lost, i cried for hours after and then decided to join the Eels........

whimp

AgaveEel

Juniors
As Long as i can remember. I am 25 now so i guess when i was 5 it started. I am not even sure why because i was only 2 when we last won a GF i grew up in a really small town about 2 hours out of Sydney and my dad kinda supported them. But i have never even considered supporting another team even when i was young and impressionable

Latest posts