What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exercise - what, where, when, how?

Lambretta

First Grade
Slob or freak, what are ya?

Personally I'm a freak
My exercise routine is a five day rotation most weeks

Monday - High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
Tuesday - Boxercise
Wednesday - HIIT
Thursday - Kickboxercise
Friday - Deck of cards (sort of circuit class)

Average calorie burn 600-700 per workout

So do you do weights, run, swim or do you veg out on the couch and consider walking to the fridge for another beer your exercise routine?

Thomas

First Grade
4-day split weightlifting with one day in between for either HIIT or kettlebell conditioning.
Saturday is coaching junior sport in the morning and then a bike ride or run in the afternoon.
Sunday is the Lord's day so I sit on the couch and drink beer.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I try and lift weights most days. I also try and go for a run every second day. I don't always succeed of course but I do OK.

jargan83

Coach
Comming back from an ankle injury so have been doing alot of exercise on the bike consisting of riding 22km to and 22km from work on Monday, Tuesday and Friday.

Swimming 1km on Tuesday and Thursday.

Going to the gym at night on Sun, Mon, Wed and occasionally a Friday as well.

innsaneink

Referee
Dunno why this topic would irritate someone

Me- I try to do a few weights daily, I walk a lot at work up tp 15km per day sometimes...just had hand surgery so only walking currently, off work and lazy

Because you have seen 1 or 2 fat cops makes them all fat does it? Id say the fitness standard across the police would only be a tad below the defence force. In fact the fitness standard to get into any state police is higher than the ADF. What lets it down is the lack of a standard past the academy, however the QPS is introducing mandatory fitness testing next year.

I am probably the fittest person on this forum. 5km pb sits at 17.25.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Because you have seen 1 or 2 fat cops makes them all fat does it? Id say the fitness standard across the police would only be a tad below the defence force. In fact the fitness standard to get into any state police is higher than the ADF. What lets it down is the lack of a standard past the academy, however the QPS is introducing mandatory fitness testing next year.

I am probably the fittest person on this forum. 5km pb sits at 17.25.

Right, so you're the fittest guy on this forum, yet you say this about people who exercise...

Oh look at me and how much I exercise. I have a massive c**k and a super model for a mrs. Wankers.

So Chicken Hunter... what's your reasoning for that???

Danish

Referee
17:25 ain't a bad 5km at all. How long ago did you run it?

Mine is 18:53 but ran 18 months ago. Be lucky to break 20 mins with my ITB injury at the moment.

As for exercise, weights 3 times per week, 5 a side game once per week, and around 30-40km of running spread over 4-5 days of the week. The running will ramp up to about 70 over the coming 8 weeks or so as I build my fitness for all the fun runs in winter

Apey

Staff member
Indoor soccer game once a week, almost die of exhaustion every time. Right afterwards I tell myself I'm going to exercise more during the week... then never do.

Bazal

Post Whore
Play cricket over summer, and gonna play Last Man Stands cricket over winter now that I've retired from footy. Too many injuries. So training once or twice a week, plus a match. Usually run 15-30km a week on top of that, depending how often I can get to the gym with work and uni. I find it too hard to do any meaningful distance outside the gym with no ligaments in my left ankle and arthritis in my knee, the impact stops me long before anything else does.

I do weights, but not fanatically and I don't really have a program other than whatever I feel like on the day. Usually throughout the week I'll do about 200 chin ups, because I like them and about six different racks have chin up bars, interspersed with whatever else is available. It usually works out pretty even given I'm not looking for massive bulk, just to keep fit. I learned after my second knee reco that I'm too old to not exercise now by blowing up to over 100kg

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Furious masturbation three times a day followed by strenuous bonking of 18 year old black haired Polish twins.

Sometimes the other way around.

Lambretta

First Grade
Oh look at me and how much I exercise. I have a massive c**k and a super model for a mrs. Wankers.

i have one bollock and don't own any chickens
I cant run for shit, so you got me

I just enjoy the exercise I do. I didn't say I was any good at it
I could only bench 60 kgs so I aint gonna brag

Just interested in what other forum users do or dont do

Last edited: