What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expansion of RNRL (Newc)

T-Boon

Coach
Just read an article about the Newcastle RL expanding to include 3 central coast clubs (Wyong, The Entrance, Woy Woy). That will make it aguably the biggest RL comp in Australia that is independent of the NRL (NSW/QLD Cup being reserve grades so completely irrelevant). Wouldnt mind seeing the Bears enter a team.

Coastbloke

Bench
Was the article in the Newcastle Herald? I created a thread in August 2018 in the NSWRL Comps sub-forum about this after a tip. Apparently it was supposed to be 2019, but agreements were stalled.

I was told RNRL club mergers, several CCDRL Clubs joining and maybe a couple of A-Grade Hunter clubs joining creating a 12 team comp..I'd like to see this..

siv

First Grade
CC had finally recovered from the impact of the Jim Bean Cup and Wyong original defection to Newcastle

Wonder if this means they will need to run dual clubs again as Wyong had to do in the past

Full structure in Newcastle and full structure in CC

T-Boon

Coach
Wyong Roos
Gosford (merge Erina and someone)
Woy Woy
Lakes United
Macquarie Scorpians
South Newcastle
West Newcastle
Newcastle
Cessnock