What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expect to see some of that vintage 2010 Ropati this week...

Illiterate

Juniors
I've got no problem that we resigned him he wouldn't be on that much. I've got a problem with him playing 1st grade when it's obvious he is not ready.

Penrose11

Juniors
Pretty sure his contract end this season. Cant see him being resigned though. Team physio wont be happy. Might have to look for a new job as mightn't be enough work otherwise.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
he's obviously a guy that loves playing for us, and would give an arm and a leg (repeatedly) to to do, but he's just not the fit here anymore.

i admire his desire, but i don't think it's ever worked in auckland.

JoeD

First Grade
Never been a fan. Could he be transformed into a joe galuvao though?

Abdullah

Juniors
may be JRo can take Lowrie's place...good close quarter contact football in forwards...he wont be expose like on the outside...also, he runs harder than old auntie Lowrie

spear tackle

Juniors
It was like watching a vintage car from the 1920's from him today, hope he improves or goes back to Vulcans for a while.

Iafeta

Referee
Not challenging his IQ, but is he 'football thick'? Two players seriously need a head re-adjustment after that. Godinet for trying to beat players on the touchline and then throwing a pass with no support on tackle 1 30 metres out of his own line leading by 6, and Ropati... that bloke was repeatedly caught 25 metres in field. For no reason. Repeatedly. This isn't something that just happened today either. Its happened for like 6-7 years. The dope never learns.

You can say he's a great trainer, a great leader, a positive guy for the younger players, but honestly, he's as thick is pig kaka repeatedly over a long period of time getting scorched on the outside like he does.

Aragorn

First Grade
he made some pretty good 1:1 tackles against idaris - so respect for that, but I do agree he gets caught on the outside way too many times.

any smart coach would target him as a weak spot and attack his side. if he plays FB, i would really challenge his positional play with bombs, chip kicks and grubbers. sure enough、 he`ll f**k one of these up. same goes with vatuvei and tupou. world renound for f**king it up when it comes to this aspect of the game.

vvvrulz

Coach
Godinet for trying to beat players on the touchline and then throwing a pass with no support on tackle 1 30 metres out of his own line leading by 6

To be fair he's not a regular fullback, that was a great run, and I think he mistook the ref for Tupou who was running down the short side.

Rich102

Staff member
My Concise Oxford defines vintage as: n. .... of a past season. Pretty much sums it up.

Blair

Coach
The forum's on the money with Ropati, he needs a good game, quick, or he's gone.

However, he can't be blamed for that first Idris try even though he looked feeble. Well he can only be blamed if we believe the average player could have stopped Idris that close and steamed up.

Idris would have to be the biggest centre since Meninga. I recall only one bloke ever stopping Big Mal from barging over that close to the line and that was the aptly named Blocker Roach (in Origin).

Last edited:

Penrose11

Juniors
But JRo went high on him and tried to grab at his arms or upper body, all while back peddling. What's wrong with around the ankles?? That would've dropped idris no matter how big he is .

TheDMC

Bench
The forum's on the money with Ropati, he needs a good game, quick, or he's gone.

However, he can't be blamed for that first Idris try even though he looked feeble. Well he can only be blamed if we believe the average player could have stopped Idris that close and steamed up.

Idris would have to be the biggest centre since Meninga. I recall only one bloke ever stopping Big Mal from barging over that close to the line and that was the aptly named Blocker Roach (in Origin).

Bullocks, when Ro bro tried his lame ass tackle grab, Idris was probably 8m out from the line, a low tackle would have sorted him out, he's big, but he aint got 8m long arms...