What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exposing the myth of the Rooster....

nqboy

First Grade
I thought it was pretty good.He can't help poking fun at someone who takes themselves too seriously.

Oz Yid's Tigers

Juniors
i thought it great .. kurt sherlock ... hahahahahaah ... henson park .. vautin ... trewhella, danny shepherd, gavin orr, tony melrose .... easts fans would think i'm talking crap but i saw it with my own eyes whilst they were watching the swans and kings and generally being the bandwagon hopping merkins each and every one of them are

Oz Yid's Tigers said:
i thought it great .. kurt sherlock ... hahahahahaah ... henson park .. vautin ... trewhella, danny shepherd, gavin orr, tony melrose .... easts fans would think i'm talking crap but i saw it with my own eyes whilst they were watching the swans and kings and generally being the bandwagon hopping merkins each and every one of them are

You forgot some of our finest.

Cam Cherry
Bill Dart
The Burke brothers
Trevor Patterson
Mike McClean

There were some greats in that lot.

I don't go much on Myths. If you want Myths, go look at the Dragons.

Yep they are pretty boys. It must annoy the hell out of some supporters who cant get laid because their wives, partners or hamsters rather watch the Roosters.

If you want facts...

Roosters 3rd straight NRL Grand Final. An achievement on its own.
Roosters Grand Final in all 3 grades.

Win or Loose, they've done me proud!

Oz Yid's Tigers

Juniors
and to think it really only took 27 yrs between 75 and 02 to for these spastics to buy a comp and by sun arvo they'd have bought 1 comp in 30 yrs despite spending enough on players (*edit*) to bail the entire 3rd world out of debt

Moffo said:
Once again, it is time for me to go beyond the myth, behind the legend that is the (c**k) Rooster

Seasoned readers will remember my last adventure, when I exposed Bondi Junction Leagues as a haven for old biddies who receive complementary tickets with every 10c spent on a one-armed bandit

The Eastern Suburbs Roosters (Lets not sully the name 'Sydney') was established amongst much c**k slapping and crowing in 1908. Origins of the colours are somewhat disputed, however yellow would've been apt given the colour of their collective underbellys

So as it came to pass, the Roosters grew. They had no juniors but got buy through transit lounge transactions and signing up promising taxi drivers as hookers (see David Trewhella)

To be fair, the cockadoodles became large in the 90s. They were building a dynasty. They went corporate. Easts became Sydney. Bondi Beach became a haven for rooster boosters. Under the watchful eye of many (including Kurt Sherlock), they became successful and have contested four of the past five grand finals

But lets not forget the Latte Set. Cockacinos is a popular drink down East. And to be fair, no one enjoys red whine like a roosters fan does. In fact, I visited the Bondi Bandits coffee shop yesterday and came across the following menu:

Cockacino - $2.50

Red Whine - $3 a glass

c**k and Chumps - $5.50

Glass of Wanker - $1

Plate of fudge (freshly packed) - $8

Amazingly enough, I came across a roosters fan that had intelligence. Quickly, I noted to myself even pigs must fly sometimes!

pigfly.gif

To my surprise, Ricko and Finch were also at the cafe shop, trying to work out how they can get away with being such cats

cat02.gif

For mine, I couldn't work it out either.

I had to leave. Bondi Junction was haunted. And that was without walking into the haunted house that is Easts Leagues. Anyone been there lately? Scare joint....

niteani.gif

I was truly traumatised. It was time to return to the sanity of the west. The golden west via Newtown of course

The home of the real man.....

cartoo~1.gif

Yibbidy Yibbida, thats all folks :lol: See you on Sunday rooster doodles :lol:

froganim.gif

Cheers,
Moffo

my wife and i are thinking of purchasing one of the old t series soviet tanks for when we venture through the crime capital of australia - the canterbury-bankstown and the dodge city west area.

Oz Yid's Tigers said:
and to think it really only took 27 yrs between 75 and 02 to for these spastics to buy a comp and by sun arvo they'd have bought 1 comp in 30 yrs despite spending enough on players (*edit*) to bail the entire 3rd world out of debt
It's great isn't it? When was the last time your combined team won a GF BTW? Was there anything at all you can say that your team has achivied in the last 5 years? Semi Finals maybe? No?

Hang in there your time may come but till then we will enjoy ours. :D

Oz Yid's Tigers

Juniors
yes just like u hung in there thru the 80s and early 90s eh .. easts fans hung in there so muhc ... i'm there every week for my side and was there when it was very grim for the tigers in the mid 90s ... where were you and `your' fans u mug ?? u r a typical spotty acne scarred easts merkin who thinks rugby league was founded in 2000 ... school holidays always brings you planks out

Oz Yid's Tigers said:
yes just like u hung in there thru the 80s and early 90s eh .. easts fans hung in there so muhc ... i'm there every week for my side and was there when it was very grim for the tigers in the mid 90s ... where were you and `your' fans u mug ?? u r a typical spotty acne scarred easts merkin who thinks rugby league was founded in 2000 ... school holidays always brings you planks out
As a matter of fact I was there from the 70's in fact. I couldn't afford much so I used to wait out side the gates of the old Sports Ground until they open the gates at half time. We used to listen to Frank Hyde then. Yes, I was acne scarred then but calling me a merkin is a bit harsh.

I was also there through the 80's where parking, seating, queues for food were not an issue. Especially in the late 80's.

As for the 90's. I missed most of 97 - 00 due to the birth of our first child. But my wife & I attend all of the home games pre-97.

As for post 2000, well my job requirements tend to prohibit me from attending games but I have taken my kid to as many games as I can.

I'm sorry, I rave on a bit.... What's your point????

Chook

First Grade
Oz Yid's Tigers said:
what a tool u r chook .. go easts to every post

u have the IQ of a good henson crowd in the 80s ... 43-47

cretin

So that would make me four times smarter than you moron.

Go give your wife a good Balmain bashing.

Chook.

gregstar

Referee
my wife and i are thinking of purchasing one of the old t series soviet tanks for when we venture through the crime capital of australia - the canterbury-bankstown and the dodge city west area.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moffo

Referee
cogburn and stalin...id say your combined IQ's would struggle to rise above the average temperature in the Antarctic

Thank you

Moffo

Referee
and yeh, i've done better. All piss takes above are noted and agreed with :lol:

Moffo said:
cogburn and stalin...id say your combined IQ's would struggle to rise above the average temperature in the Antarctic

Thank you

:roll: :roll: i'm afraid they haven't developed a system that could measure yours moffo but i heard some kindergartens kids are close though

Latest posts