What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extension to home - Ideas ??

I am looking to extend and do some renos on our house next year which will include extending a room and adding a toilet and wash house area as well ??.

We are also looking to move our kitchen into another area of the house and turn the kitchen into a bedroom.

Guys - any tips or info on what to consider with the builders, plans etc would be great !!.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I am looking to extend and do some renos on our house next year which will include extending a room and adding a toilet and wash house area as well ??.

We are also looking to move our kitchen into another area of the house and turn the kitchen into a bedroom.

Guys - any tips or info on what to consider with the builders, plans etc would be great !!.

no tips but an important inclusion would be Council...;-)

allow atleast 6 weeks approval for most councils for a DA

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
make sure your new kitchen can be connected to your existing plumbing

same with adding the toilet

roopy

Referee
I know my local council has a guy who answers questions for owner builders on the best ways to get work done. I know because it's my brother.

gorilla

First Grade
Get an architect - a draftsman is not the full package and you'll need advice to builders (specifications) to be prepared by the architect for them to quote on.

Quotes come after some sort of local approval, e.g: councils - where to you live (your nick suggests NZ) ?

Stained_Class

Juniors

Don't do what I did. Start another room before you finish the one you're on. Most of the work is done in our bathroom, but I started on the kitchen before I finished the bathroom and it's still waiting for completion.

Latest posts