What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F*ck You Tim Sheens And F*ck Off Ben Teo!!

TheMasterplan

Juniors
We are so much better defensively with Gibbs in the side.
If a forward needs bagging, look at the 30 metre a game over-rated, bludging hack Te'o. He makes Noel Cleal look like Ray Price

I have been one of Gibbs biggest critics over the last couple of years but on Friday he was one of the few out there who actually seemed to care if we won or not.

T'eo on the other hand...

I have also been a huge Gibbs critic, but this year he really has pulled his finger out.

Mish

Juniors
I have no issues with Gibbs he has improved this year. As long as he gets better not worse I'm happy, if he was on a downslide in form it would be different. Not sure why people are critical of him now.

TimmyB

Juniors
Is it. Why?

You have no way of proving it to be correct and there's no way of proving it incorrect either. It's just a meaningless, one line cheap shot. It's the same as Moth claiming Marshall was moved to half back to cover Sheens' f**kup in signing Morris. In reality, in both instances it's probably because Sheens believes it be best for the team. Wrong he may be, but the sh*t about arrogance etc. is just boring, cheap and pointless.

I've read your posts previously and most of the time you've got a lot better to add to the discussion than that.

Chopsy: Obviously Head is a vastly superior halfback, don't get me wrong. However, I've rarely seen a halfback as MIA as Head was on Friday night. I've seriously doubts he would have even got into a position to take the shot had he been out on the field. In that sense I can totally understand why he was hooked Friday.

rupertpupkin

Juniors
There is intrigue at the club with Brisbane's Joel Moon signing as a five-eighth on Saturday and agent David Riolo confirming the Warriors are interested in Wests Tigers halfback Mathew Head. Current halves Michael Witt and Grant Rovelli are under contract next year and the club will not comment on whether they are willing to release them or are sounding out rival teams regarding the pair.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23905665-5001023,00.html

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are we the worst team at taking field goals in the NRL? Madunit can you work out the stats as to how many games we've lost by 1 compared to how many we've won, my bet would be about 4:1.

Everytime we're set for a field goal the opposition seems to get to us with ease and we end up running it. We are an absolute shambles in this regard. You almost need the Benny Hill theme music to it.
since 2000

Tigers 17-16 Warriors (2000)
Penrith 32-31 Tigers (2000)
Souths 17-16 Tigers (extra time) (2004)
Tigers 37-36 Bulldogs (2005)
Raiders 19-18 Tigers (2006)
Tigers 25-24 Penrith (2007)
Tigers 29-28 Cronulla (2007)
Brisbane 19-18 Tigers (2008)

4 wins and 4 losses

not as bad as you think

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have been one of Gibbs biggest critics over the last couple of years but on Friday he was one of the few out there who actually seemed to care if we won or not.

T'eo on the other hand...
I agree, Gibbs was one of the best on field for that game. He was everywhere and busting his arse all night. If he could play like that every game, we'd be fairing much better.

Te'o keeps getting lazier and less involved every week now.

simmo1

First Grade
since 2000

Tigers 17-16 Warriors (2000)
Penrith 32-31 Tigers (2000)
Souths 17-16 Tigers (extra time) (2004)
Tigers 37-36 Bulldogs (2005)
Raiders 19-18 Tigers (2006)
Tigers 25-24 Penrith (2007)
Tigers 29-28 Cronulla (2007)
Brisbane 19-18 Tigers (2008)

4 wins and 4 losses

not as bad as you think

Not entirely sure, but I think the Penrith 2007 one (and perhaps a few others?), the field goal was kicked before half time, so not really a 'field goal duel' there. As they said on commentary, we seem to hedge our bets with trying to score a try and score a field goal, without picking one and going 100%. The result: players running from sideline to sideline trying to do it all themself.

Also I was at the Penrith 2000 one, and was that where we were leading by 20+ and got run down? I think it may have been 31-8 at one stage.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
you are correct on both counts.

The Tigers have also had two draws.

However, tiger nick wanted all of the 1 point margin games, and this is all of them.

tiger_nick

Bench
cheers MU, i suppose you seem to remember the losses as opposed to the wins.

theres been plenty of other games where we have stuufed field goal attempts and lost other ways. a few against canberra and one against penrith at leichhardt in 2002 i think

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
there's been a number of close games, and a number of games where we were leading by 20 odd and for some reason, we slotted a field goal over.

our 1 and only golden point win was last year against sharks at campbelltown.

We also lost one against the chooks when Anasta faked the field goal shot then split us up the middle before firing it out to Monaghan to score. A must win game that one was, stuck in my memory.

Dave Q

Coach
timsheens_wideweb__430x332.jpg

Tim Sheens: a rugged gentlemen.

smh.com

Callan Pk

Juniors
Time to go Mr Sheens, take your widdle mat roycey fudd with ya

Too long in one place, we all need a change

matty-ducati

Juniors
shouldnt u be out celebrating a scrappy win or something??

mish i was at there game, should of seen it after the win its like they just won a grandfinal... i guess winning a game as a soufs supporter is like winning a grandfinal

matty-ducati

Juniors
what a piss poor excuse for a topic... in 2005 every tigers fan and wtfanatic wanted to *edit*

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts