What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

f**k it: Let's win this Comp. Get it Done.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
beekershark said:
Yes, and a BIG farkin loud of egg on many fans faces IF it were to happen and they'd have to re-visit their staunch support of their team on here IF it were to occur :)
I can only imagine how that embarrassing that would feel.
I have to imagine, becaue I never put myself in such situations.
But to draw comparisons, I would have to say it would nearly be on par with bagging the baord & the president etc for years , only to have them turn up one day and announce an incredible & difficult project has been approved & will bring in huge dollars & secure the long term future of the club.
Then, a weeke later, bring in he future prime minister, & tell us hes just given us 7 million to rebuild our ground!!!
Now that is embarrassment for you.

carcharias

Immortal
blacktip-reefy said:
But to draw comparisons, I would have to say it would nearly be on par with bagging the baord & the president etc for years , only to have them turn up one day and announce an incredible & difficult project has been approved & will bring in huge dollars & secure the long term future of the club.
Then, a weeke later, bring in he future prime minister, & tell us hes just given us 7 million to rebuild our ground!!!

:D

pogo

Juniors
did the federal government give money to the club the to pay out chris anderson as well?
how much??
where will that appear in the balance sheet??

there is plenty more water to flow under the bridge yet regarding the developement etc.

these posts will be gold in the next 18 months.

millersnose

Post Whore
Mr. Shark said:
f**k it: Let's win this Comp. Get it Done. .

hey good idea

sometimes these good ideas may seem over simplistic and that they dont address realities

for example:

some here say sacking noddy will end our problems

this may seem on the surface to be a oversimplistic and childish solution to the complex problems we have but it must be true

i know this because i seen it on a spread sheet

Where were Wests-Tigers at this time last season? No-one gave them a hope in hell, yet they did it. A few years before, Penrith did the same thing. Not a chance, the pundits were saying in the lead up, yet again they did it. We need some self-belief and I agree with Mr Shark.

Just win the f**king thing...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
beekershark said:
I'd love to see some of the threads on here re-visited if the sharks hold up the trophy after a GF win this season...........
I would love to be incorrect and therefore completely embarrassed if the sharks win the title this year.

Just cannot see it happening.

Meblbourne, Canterbury and Illawarra are great chances, Penrith are the dark horses.

beekershark

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:

Not even close.

very few people at shark park, bar family and freinds of directors would be embarrassed to be on the boards back about a number of issues.

the difference with me is, I dont take a set against the board, a player, coach etc and then refuse to acknowledge credit where it's due. I call things as I see them, each issue. The grant is a great thing, spending it the right way is another issue altogether.

get in touch with the climate at the club and then post a thread letting us know so you can contribute adequately to the debate Freefy.

beekershark

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:

BWA HA HA HA !

Does your doctor actually tell you to come in here and to keep practicing your denial in a vein attempt to try and cure you of the chronic nature of your problem ??

mr_sharks

Juniors
Mr Angry said:
Illawarra are great chances, Penrith are the dark horses.
:crazy:

Let it be known that I will jump off the SHB if either Illawarra (chokers) or the Panthers win the comp this year!! No chance in hell buddy

lockyno1

Post Whore
Noddy at halfback- no chance
Dykes at halfback- some chance
Kearney at 5/8 is a MUST!

Mr. Shark

Juniors
Love the responses to my opening thread.

Had a drink during a l o n g working lunch and came back even more FIRED-UP.

We're going to belt the Warriors.

(NB. If we don't - look out! Some will never have enough protection.)

Our run to the Holy Grail starts this Saturday.

All the fluffies get a big gold "i'm the bestest, staunchest, Sharks fan" if they win.

I'll settle for the $1300 I collect if the Sharks win.

Ladies, and Gentlemen in aint going to happen. We can't even match it with Brons with half their side out, the Tigers without Benji, the abject Roosters.

The Popper

Bench
It's up to the players to lead the way. They perform, everybody cheers. They don't perform, semi silence.
It irks me week after week as the ground announcers try to tell the crowd to `Get Loud' (although they haven't used that term for a time), when the only thing that will cause the crowd to `Get Loud' is good exciting football resulting in a win.
It is WINS, and WINS alone that bring bigger crowds to the grounds. You can have all the promotions and bullshyt in the world, but if you're team's not WINNING the crowds don't come. They WILL come when they expect a WIN.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Sheros los Deros said:
All the fluffies get a big gold "i'm the bestest, staunchest, Sharks fan" if they win.

I'll settle for the $1300 I collect if the Sharks win.

Ladies, and Gentlemen in aint going to happen. We can't even match it with Brons with half their side out, the Tigers without Benji, the abject Roosters.

Can happen but probably won't with our coach's consistent choice's of inform players. :roll:

Card Shark

Immortal
1 win could change our season - even if it is by 2 points & a dodgy ref decision against the warriors.

The winner of this comp is the team that can get on a roll coming into the semis. They are 5 weeks away & now is the time to seriously start gathering momentum - it aint too late.

Having said that, the next 5 games are going to be difficult with all our opponents (except warriors) also chasing a semi spot. 5 weeks ago I thought we had an easy run in but not any more.

Maybe that's a good thing............if we can get on a bit of a roll?

Quigs

Immortal
Card Shark said:
The winner of this comp is the team that can get on a roll coming into the semis. ................................................
Maybe that's a good thing............if we can get on a bit of a roll?

0-top5.jpg

Card - I am sorry to say it but some of our current crop would have trouble finding a 'roll' in a bakery.

george.gif

Cheers
Quigs

Latest posts