What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

f**kING REFS!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You could start a coaching clinic with that advice.

Remove just one 'what if' and we win... If only things were that simple aye Ausguy?

Godz Illa

Coach
I know Ausguy doesn't seem too bright, but, in keeping with the spirit of the season, I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I thought it was the season of your inner child. Didn't you want to do what you feel?

"Be like Roy!"

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sorry aysi, that's just complicating things. It was all about catching the bomb.

petetheileet

First Grade
dont know how we managed to loose that game...we were 20 points better than the dogs, they had nothing, one of the worst kicking performances from shifty ive seen...

i did call earlier in the week though either team by 4 points!

The Preacher

First Grade
Just a point on the "benefit of the doubt" ruling and the attacking team.
Apparently the attacking side is defined by the area of the field and not possession. If we were inside their half, then we were the attacking team, but even if we have possession we are not the attacking side while inside our own half.
I know it seems stupid, but that is what was said on 2KY this morning.
This means that the Bulldogs were the attacking team with the SBW strip and therefore were given the benefit of the doubt. :crazy:

Godz Illa

Coach
So if you're the attacking team two-on-one strips are permitted? Makes sense.

Willow said:
I thought it was the season of your inner child. Didn't you want to do what you feel?

"Be like Roy!"
Watched The Simpsons movie last night and Albert Brooks does one of the voices - he also was the voice of Brad Goodman. So even at the movies I was reminded of Tim Mander. Talk about the "feel bad rainbow".

bornadragon

Juniors
I was too, very upset at the final outcome of the Saints - Bulldogs game.

I'm of the belief that Referee's are making decisions far to quickly. If they woulld take a EXTRA moment or two, replay the event in their head I'm 100% sure all their dificulties would wash away. They do bring it on themselves

I'm also sure that their actions will cost some team the comp.

On the nutter side of my brain, we should do away with all of them and decend into a ROLLARBALL situation where it's last man standing. Or Ryles could come out with a gassed up chainsaw and take to Sonny Bill and his slack jaw mates and just cut them up.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Preacher said:
Just a point on the "benefit of the doubt" ruling and the attacking team.
Apparently the attacking side is defined by the area of the field and not possession. If we were inside their half, then we were the attacking team, but even if we have possession we are not the attacking side while inside our own half.
I know it seems stupid, but that is what was said on 2KY this morning.
This means that the Bulldogs were the attacking team with the SBW strip and therefore were given the benefit of the doubt. :crazy:
That's totally correct.

To add to the technicality, if its a scrum on half way, then the attacking team is the last team that had possession.

But if Morrin had his hands on Creagh, then it is a two man tackle....? That is, technically speaking.

The Preacher

First Grade
Willow said:
That's totally correct.

To add to the technicality, if its a scrum on half way, then the attacking team is the last team that had possession.

But if Morrin had his hands on Creagh, then it is a two man tackle....? That is, technically speaking.

I feel the referee would've blown a penalty straight away if the incident would've happened around half way without a try being scored.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I think so too.

Take away the goal line and replace it with a 40m line.

That's what makes it frustrating.

The Preacher

First Grade
Ball security isn't given enough respect. The way Preacher Jnr throws his arms and legs around, it's a priority with me!!!

St. Brett

Juniors
f**king Refs, you all deserve to die?

What a pleasant way to start this Monday.

I'm with you people on this one.

That is why, today, I'm motivated to send a letter to Big League about the refs killing 07 as well as MLB's one-dimensional style that's contributing as well.

Dragon's....how did you blow a 8/10 point lead with only 10 to go?

You know.....at 14 to nil with 5 minutes to go before half time....had you scored with that last set of 6 it would have been 20 nil and pretty much the game.

P.S. where's the phantom whistler this year?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It's a simple rule really. strips are permitted on one on one tackles. I am sure I saw Morrin lying on Creagh when Sonny Bill scored. Apparently he was invisible to 1 person in this universe.

Simple game, if Morrin did not go into the tackle then it was a try but he did so no try.

The NRL bring out these rules, then bend them like Becham to make it contreversial. It's pretty easy really, if 1 guy is tackling the other and a strip is made try. If another guy joins in that makes 2 players therefore a penalty. Are they telling us that Morrin was not involved in the tackle at all? If anything Morrin stopped Creagh from getting a crack at getting the ball back or at least getting to Sonny Bill.

Another thing, El Masri's first try. The Dragon player was pushhed onto the guy going for the ball. He bumps himand spills the pill for a try. The replay clearly shows contact and that the guy was going for the player and not the ball, why the hell was that not called back? I have seen so many tries denied cause of that.

If Ryan gets suspended the Dragons get no benefit. On report should be an automatic sin bin imo. To make it fair, if the guy goes down the player should be sent off the field until the guy he hit comes back on. Even if they replace the offender with another player until the guy he hit comes back on.

juanfarkall

Coach
Regarding the first El Masri try...

one of Penrith's tries the previous week was similar in so much as a chaser interfering and then scoring...

not a word was said by the commentary gimps.

Latest posts