What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F.O Andrew Webster

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
This time last year the chat was all about Webster v Ciraldo, gee that narrative would have changed now

Looked like a culture of hard work and resilience was being set last year no matter what. That has absolutely crumbled, and my hunch is that AFBs attitude will be a factor in it among the wider group.
The most bizarre thing I have seen in how well they performed minus the star names compared to where they have regressed too now they are back. Suggest some sort of ego issue

Last year was a dream run with the draw, injuries and career best form from nearly every player. Maybe some of that has gone to their heads

Meth

Staff member
It’s not Webster that needs to f**k off tbh

No, and this thread was always a bit tongue in cheek. It's really just to say that he isn't really the super coach he's been overhyped to be, yet.

Can't be argued that he hasn't been disappointing this year.

JJ

Immortal
No, and this thread was always a bit tongue in cheek. It's really just to say that he isn't really the super coach he's been overhyped to be, yet.

Can't be argued that he hasn't been disappointing this year.
No, but tbh there are not many Bennett, Gould, Bellamy, Hasler types. Guess Ivan might be getting there too, at various points Smith, Stuart, Robinson etc were thought to be…. The media in NZ is terrible in all respects, but the stupidity around the Warriors is up there with their best

nswarrior

Juniors
I'd cop that if he hadn't have done so many demonstrably stupid things, as well as persisted with a dogshit game plan which over relied on a old halfback who was completely cooked.

He hasn't done well this season at all.
I was ok with the season until today. I do agree the game plan of kicking unchallenged into a corner doesn’t work and his bench use has been poor. He did get us into the top 4 last year and 2 weeks ago I thought we were a chance again.

JJ

Immortal
I was ok with the season until today. I do agree the game plan of kicking unchallenged into a corner doesn’t work and his bench use has been poor. He did get us into the top 4 last year and 2 weeks ago I thought we were a chance again.
It’s amazing how quickly things have turned a few times now

sup42

Juniors
I suppose you want Nathan Brown back do you, tell us you who want over Webster, he took us to the preliminary final last year and two weeks ago we were 3 in a row after beating Panthers, Dolphins and Cowboys in Townsville, but you want to sack him.
He pulled that off with B team then a C team line up.

What Webster is experiencing happens evenřtually to all Warriors coaches.

Personnel Webster shouldn't need to motivate (looking at his biggest names) let him down.
.I understand why people are smarting right now.

But Webster can coach. No two ways about it.

That sharp direct game he put together before Johnson and Sheck returned was a revelation.

I feel sorry for SJ but he does not have the ability to take the line on like TMM, it's a combination of age and Johnson was more of a running 6 when he was young rather than a halfback.

So now Webster is stuck with old guys who can only play one way, therefore he has to make the best with what he has (last year it won him Dally M coach of the year).

The question we all have is....should Webster throw caution to the wind and shock everyone by throwing away 18 months of planning and use our recent winning future halves combo CHT and TMM.
I would love to see Webster try it, but I realize that in some ways would be an extremely reactive move. Not the kind of thing that you want your NRL coach to do on Monday morning after a bad loss, throw out the seniors....then you really have lost the dressing room.

Last edited:

Latest posts