What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F.O Andrew Webster

JJ

Immortal
Shame he didn't hang up the boots last year. Would have been a nice way to end his playing story
I agree. The big thing now is we’re in purgatory while he’s here, he’s too old and unsound to build around, and not good enough (nor is the squad imo) to win now. So we need to move on, I think

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Are the Broncos experiencing the same thing with Reynolds? He's barely been on the field all year and they're going to miss the 8.

JJ

Immortal
Are the Broncos experiencing the same thing with Reynolds? He's barely been on the field all year and they're going to miss the 8.
The have a lot more talent, made last years GF, and imo he’s the 7 they need.. but yeah, similar arguments, but last year probably a key pt. DCE keeps rolling though..

Big Marn

Bench
Used to loath DCE. How many times he f**ked us in golden point. But i have to respect him now. He keeps turning up year after year.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Used to loath DCE. How many times he f**ked us in golden point. But i have to respect him now. He keeps turning up year after year.
I saw someone on here say the 10-year deal was a failure, given Manly haven't won a premiership during that time. But I reckon it's a roaring success, one of the rare ones with contracts that long. DCE is still going strong as hell at 35.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Shame he didn't hang up the boots last year. Would have been a nice way to end his playing story
Yeah...but how would you hang the boots up off the back of a year where you could've/should've been the Dally M winner, and your club was on a high and one game off the GF. That was never happening, with all due respect there's no way you can say it's a shame he didn't. There would have been widespread condemnation of any decision like that.

Sometimes old lady time hits you like a tonne of bricks with immediate effect, sometimes she lets you down gently over time. With SJ, and owing to the Achilles injury probably in the main part, it's hit him quick. But there's been other factors - sub-par game plan, struggles across the park, Metcalf getting injured, hasn't been able to gel with TMM, so on.