What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F7s Representative Games

Pistol

Coach
As you are all aware, there is an F7s State of Origin game coming up. In recent times both teams have had to scrape together the numbers to have a complete side. The last two seasons have seen the annual clash finish in a walkover with 7 posts versus 6.

Let's change that this season. 2005 saw QLD defeat the Blues in a tight contest with 7 posts versus 7. Bring the contest back to the Origin arena. Let's make sure that this game gets the due attention it deserves.

I'll put up a thread for nominations later in the piece, towards the end of the next round so the skippers can drum up numbers and make sure the game is is a tough encounter.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
I'll be hoping QLD is able to get 7 on the field this year, last year was a good effort despite going in with 6.

Robster

Bench
I'm wondering if I should play this one even though I have no blood what so ever linking to being an Australian.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll be up for Queensland again.

Would it be a worthy idea to reduce the match from 7 players to 6 to ensure a fair contest and that both teams get all articles in?

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
With madunit's suggestion, i think a decision on that shuold be made after gauging interest in the match (through threads like these)

Hallatia

Referee
Good thing I returned in time for me to put my hand up for this:) I am happy to be on the bench for Queensland, I will let you know if I have any brilliant ideas, in which case I would like to play (I am open to other people's brilliant ideas)

[furrycat]

Coach
Dont want to see the rep games disappear, so is there anything against Kiwi rep players playing in SOO?

Pistol

Coach
madunit did it for QLD last year

as did LN

i believe Byrne_rovelli fan got picked for NSW

big mick represents GB&I and he is a former QLD captain

I think its good that if anyone wants to play, they can put their hand up.

Pistol

Coach
Good thing I returned in time for me to put my hand up for this:) I am happy to be on the bench for Queensland, I will let you know if I have any brilliant ideas, in which case I would like to play (I am open to other people's brilliant ideas)

putting the cart before the horse there hala

but I like unbridled enthusiasm. makes these rep games shine brighter :)

Titanic

First Grade
Amadean and I are both Qlders and would be proud to contribute if needed, based on any opportunity to promote the benefits, proliferate the ideals and extol the virtues of North of the Border rugby league - in fact I find it difficult to believe that there isn't a queue for such prestigious events.

On the planning for rep fixtures - would there be any support for a Team China in the World Cup? I think with a little creative marketing we could enter a team or is that stretching it a bit?

Azkatro

First Grade
I am here to rubbish any suggestions we should change the format. QLD missed a post last year because I couldn't participate, because I was too busy gallavanting around the world. I am back this year and it'll be 7 on 7.

Titanic

First Grade
I am here to rubbish any suggestions we should change the format. QLD missed a post last year because I couldn't participate, because I was too busy gallavanting around the world. I am back this year and it'll be 7 on 7.

Should get triple frequent flyer points if you post from business class outside of Australian territorial waters and if we can't 7 Qlders then we deserve to get done.

The Piper

Juniors
Geez, where's the support for the Blues?
I'll take this time to stick my hand up for NSW. I'm away for a bit but will be back to participate in the F7s SOO

Pistol

Coach
A thread will go up in the next day or two detailing the process for nominating skippers for respective states. The thread will also detail the deadline and when the announcements will be made.

Latest posts