What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F7's round 2

Dragon_psa

First Grade
After narrowly losing to the Warriors, we have another game at Kogarah guys, this time against the Roosters. Match kicks off on the 29th, and fulltime is 8th April.

Team so far:

3. Dragon_psa (c)
31. Johnsy
?
?
?

Reserves:

5. Jason Maher (F7's debut)
?
?

Let's see some hands fellas!

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Top stuff lads!

3. Dragon_psa (c)
31. Johnsy (vc)
2. DragonPunk
6. Ribs
?

Reserves:

5. Jason Maher (F7's debut)
?
?

Who else is keen? I'd like to see you take a run-on spot Jason. If you feel too pressured at any stage I can always sub you.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Ok, Dubo has confirmed he is up for another run. I'm going to relegate myself to the bench for this one, and give Jason a run-on spot for his debut. As such, I'm handing the capataincy for this match to Dubo.

5. Jason Maher
31. Johnsy (vc)
2. DragonPunk
6. Ribs
39. Dubopov (c)

Reserves:

3. Dragon_psa
00. The Preacher
?

One more benchie needed guys.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
psa

mine is ready to go. Will be an interesting one, has a slight footy slant, however is related to league, especially the message. It will either score well or so so.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Very good to hear Johnsy, i haven't even started mine...maybe do something about the dragons/scum rivalry.

_Johnsy

Referee
Very good to hear Johnsy, i haven't even started mine...maybe do something about the dragons/scum rivalry.

Yeah I have gone with a spin on the "players in the spotlight and the complaints received" angle. More on the complaints received and how the over zealous ones should be treated.

Pat let's hope we get the chance to win by 1 point.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Good stuff guys, it looks like we'll have a full compliment for this one. Pat, I'm going to put you on as 3rd benchie if that's cool with you.

Team for the Roosters at Kogarah:

5. Jason Maher
31. Johnsy (vc)
2. DragonPunk
6. Ribs
39. Dubopov (c)

Reserves:

3. Dragon_psa
00. The Preacher
10. Big Pat

I'll name the team in the match thread tomorrow.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Thanks for the run-on gig - no pressure, eh? I'm thinking of running with a piece on a bloke my Dad and Pop swear blue was the best player to ever lace a boot - Tony Paskins. Won't be focussing so much on Paskins himself (who I might add got a jersey on the centenary of rugby league website in the great players section, not top 100 though), but on the way stories are handed down from yesteryear about great players and great games, and the old time loyalty people had towards their local bush team (in this case the Oberon Tigers, who won a bunch of Group 10 titles on the trot around the same time St. George were winning the Sydney comp every year).

Edit: just looked it up, Oberon won every year from 1961 to 1971 inclusive except for 1968 when they lost by a point to Bathurst St. Pats, a game my Dad always told me Oberon threw because the players had bet on the opposition.

Last edited:

Steel Dragon

Bench
Hey lads, would love to be able to join the team, but between work and sport I rarely have time to sit and fart.
But if anyone needs some proof reading done, I am a professional writer and former F7's contributer and would like to help the team however I can.
Hope that doesnt come across as too up myself. Best of luck guys.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I would never think of a fellow Steeler as up himself. :p I might just avail myself of your proof-reading offer.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Hey lads, would love to be able to join the team, but between work and sport I rarely have time to sit and fart.
But if anyone needs some proof reading done, I am a professional writer and former F7's contributer and would like to help the team however I can.
Hope that doesnt come across as too up myself. Best of luck guys.

Always room for more talent in the squad, SD. Maybe we could put you on the bench on the odd occasion?

Jason - no pressure mate. Sounds like a doozy of an article you have planned there, and I'm looking forward to reading it. If you feel uncomfortable at any stage, we have 3 benchies who can step up if needed. I have complete faith you will do well!