What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fa' aoso

How many weeks for Ritchie Fa'osao

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eozsmiles

Bench
Should have been sent.

10 weeks if They show consistency. 2 separate charges

Consistency with what? The Inu case? He only got 5 for a pretty bad one.

Richie would just about get off if they try to show "consistency".

If you want the Manly player to get a suspension, do not use the word consistency.

I think he might get 1 week for one and 2-3 for the other. Depending on loading.

Kiwi

First Grade
has already been suspended, so each will get loading, should be gone for atleast 10 weeks, B Stewart for 5 weeks and Matai 2 or 3.

POPEYE

Coach
As long as it takes to make players realise stopping Inglis's momentum is all that is f**king required

ek999

First Grade
I think he should get at least 8 weeks combined for both tackles with loading etc. Worst thing for Manly is Gower coming back into the team

Perth Red

Post Whore
6 weeks for both, stupid rather than malicious.

3 weeks for Stewart, deliberate elbow to the face even though there wasn't much force behind it

Strip manly of all points so far for coaching them to be grubs.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Even though they're different types of tackles, if Jeremy Smith got six weeks for his - Fa'aoso should get six minimum.

firechild

First Grade
5-7 for Fa'aoso
1-2 for Stewart
none for Matai

And Perth Red should get 12 months break from LU for being a spastic.

haha

Juniors
They were not intentional or severe so a couple of weeks should be ok.
I'd prefer to see players get 10 in the bin and a week or 2 suspension over suspending them for a quater of the season.
Long suspensions should be reserved for deliberate or severe unintentional acts of foul play.

magic

Juniors
Greg Inglis always jumps into those tackles... He definitely contributes!

The most stupid post in this thread.

Watch both again - Inglis doesn't 'jump' at all. Go to SpecSavers. Still angry Inu got suspended?

BranVan3000

Coach
I'd prefer to see players get 10 in the bin and a week or 2 suspension over suspending them for a quater of the season.
Long suspensions should be reserved for deliberate or severe unintentional acts of foul play.

How is a spear tackle not severe?

miccle

Bench

Under that logic, the 17 that took the field for Manly last Friday should be looking at 8 weeks each.

Deliberate foul play - clear instructions from Tooves to bash the Rabbits, legally or otherwise.

Hate the bunnies, but glad they came through that match with the two points.

Sphagnum

Coach
@ the idiots who say GI dived headfirst only show themselves to have no idea and have probably never played a game in their lives. In the moment it all happens in a fraction of a second. All of a sudden someone has your legs and you're off the ground, for all you know you're a second away from a broken neck. It is natural instinct to try to get yourself to ground as soon as possible.

The offense happens before he even makes contact with the ground. Faaoso gets a hand in between the legs, lifts and puts GI over the perpendicular. As soon as that happen Faaoso has done the wrong thing. GI has every right to do what comes naturally and protect himself as well as possible after he has been put in such a vulnerable position.

You couldn't be more wrong.

There is a trend emerging this season. Over the last few years, spear tackles have been few and far between. This year, there have been multiples in every game Souths have played and they have ALL involved Greg Inglis.

If you take him high he pushes you off, if you take him low, he gets himself into an awkward position to draw a penalty.

If it was one-off, I would blame the tackler but it has happened 1/2 a dozen times at least and always involves Inglis.

Fa'oso and Inu deserve time for lifting with hands between the legs but that second tackle from Fa'oso he wasn't even trying to lift and Inglis landed on his head.

He knows what he is doing and it is working very well.

Expect to see many more spear tackles on Inglis and the Souths camp carrying on about he is being targeted because of how good he is :lol:

haha

Juniors
How is a spear tackle not severe?

He wasn't driven into the ground and he was barely lifted off the ground. It was more of a flip than a spear tackle.
The same way a head high can be severe with a swinging arm or not severe if the arms slips up from the ball.

haha

Juniors
Under that logic, the 17 that took the field for Manly last Friday should be looking at 8 weeks each.

Deliberate foul play - clear instructions from Tooves to bash the Rabbits, legally or otherwise.

Hate the bunnies, but glad they came through that match with the two points.

The only deliberate act of foul play was Brett Stewart raising his elbow, other than that it was just a physical game of footy.
I'd rather watch a game like that anyday over a razzle dazzle game of touch, sadly these games are few and far between because the game is being watered down.
I go for Souths so I'm not being biased.

de$$ie

Juniors
The only reason you think Manly are thugs is because outside a couple of teams most are just soft Karmichael Hunt's straight out of the U/20's.