What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FA Cup Final

Moffo

Referee
last night was gerrard vs west ham, the hammers were definitely the better team!

Big Mick

Referee
I just remember sitting up at 2 in the morning....nearing fulltime....and my eyes are nearly shut and then BANG!....I'm like "What the hell!"....watched again and my jaw just dropped in amazement.

Can Gerrard marry an Australian girl please...give him Australian citizenship hahaha.

lolesi

First Grade
Yeha! i stayed up and watched a cracker of a game, and just knew somehow we where going to win, and we did! what a great game

Its a shame it had to finish on a shoot out, but thats the way the cookie crumbles, bad luck hammers, but you sure played one hell of a game.

juggalo_strit

Juniors
Great game, just a dissapointment it had to end in Penalty's.

I lost alot of respect for Riise last night though, the free kick he won which led to the 2nd goal was a complete dive!

TUFF TITAN

Juniors
I'll have to put the tape on at 2.30 for the replay on SBS, good on Pool sounds like they where Lucky to win ;()
twizzle.jpg

Macca_

Coach
Was a great game to watch.

Well done to both teams. Although the real issue was well over before half time. ie both teams to score paying $2.05 :D

Gerrard the difference in a cracking final.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
Great game commeserations to West Ham they played with true courage.

I thought Konchesky's goal was good that was until I saw Gerrard's 2nd!

borat

Bench
Jackal Dog said:
Great game commeserations to West Ham they played with true courage.

I thought Konchesky's goal was good that was until I saw Gerrard's 2nd!

Konchesky's sliced cross?

Macca_

Coach
Yeah it had to be a 'cross-shot'. ie a cross that came off wrong and turned into a shot :lol:

No way he meant that. Take them how they come though, I've netted like that before. Quite often setting people up with a 'shot-cross' too :lol: ie a shot that becomes a cross.

:D

The Devil

Bench
I've noticed that Reina always comes off his line before the kick is taken... probably why he's saved 11 of 17 spot kicks when in Villareal.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
name a keeper that doesn't ?

shaka hislop was also moving, but got beaten

also, can anyone recall a kick having to be retaken in a shootout because a keeper moved off his line ?

The Devil

Bench
Tyler Durden said:
name a keeper that doesn't ?

shaka hislop was also moving, but got beaten

also, can anyone recall a kick having to be retaken in a shootout because a keeper moved off his line ?

I remember a few games where it has.. but very vaguely..

Reina seemed to do it more obviously for me.. though my hate for Liverpool may have accentuated Reina's movement :lol: