What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fa'alogo to plead not guilty

black cat

Juniors
mate the difference is anasta had a bitch trying to scratch his eyes out both players were involved not just one spitting the dummy and kinging the other.
souths fans should just get over it,the bloke hit was a low act and deserves what he gets.

Wilco

Juniors
m0j0 said:
Just because Smith threw some girly bitch slaps instead of actual punches, doesn't mean he wasn't the instigator.
It's not as cut and dried as saying whoever throws a punch should get suspended for x weeks. You have to take each incident on its own merit. I mean, Danny Williams only threw one punch - when it all comes down to it, it was a punch but does that mean that every punch thrown should be dealt with the same as Danny Williams?

Does that mean that because Anasta was involved in a grapple tackle on Fa'alogo in order to make him throw the punch that Anasta was infact the instigator? :lol:

m0j0

Bench
Dkos said:
Does that mean that because Anasta was involved in a grapple tackle on Fa'alogo in order to make him throw the punch that Anasta was infact the instigator? :lol:

Only if you're also going to claim that Mark O'Neill was the instigator in the Danny Williams incident.

It's a fight, if anasta is too much of a pussy not to throw one back, Fa'alongo shouldn't have to be suspended for 5 weeks..

This will make players scared to fight now knowing they will face similar charges if they fight and throw a good punch..

It's making the game a cat game like afl and only slaps are allowed. It's ruining the game.

If anasta didn't start him by CHOKING him in the first place then you can say it was unprovoked.

The Preacher

First Grade
melon.... said:
What are they thinking...we know The Laughs are stupid...but fair dinkum, they are going to nail this guy...why bother? I guess they dont need him for 6 rounds next year....when your dead last by the length of the Fleminton Straight, it doesnt matter.

I think they'll give him extra's for lodging a frivilous defence the way the stewards do to jockeys protests.

m0j0

Bench
Dragonsforthewin said:
It's a fight, if anasta is too much of a pussy not to throw one back, Fa'alongo shouldn't have to be suspended for 5 weeks..

This will make players scared to fight now knowing they will face similar charges if they fight and throw a good punch..

It's making the game a cat game like afl and only slaps are allowed. It's ruining the game.

If anasta didn't start him by CHOKING him in the first place then you can say it was unprovoked.

Come on, I want to see you say that you completely condone what Danny Williams did to Mark O'Neill. After all, if O'Neill hadn't hit him high, then Danny wouldn't have hit him. I want you to tell me that Danny deserved no punishment for that incident.

The Preacher

First Grade
Dragonsforthewin said:

DFTW, a king-hit does not constitute a fight, it constitutes a dog act.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Dragonsforthewin said:
This will make players scared to fight now...

Good. That is what we want. Fighting is so moronic, football is a physical game but you can be aggressive and legal, there is no need to turn the game into a bareknuckle boxing match.

Natalie's Daddy said:
Good. That is what we want. Fighting is so moronic, football is a physical game but you can be aggressive and legal, there is no need to turn the game into a bareknuckle boxing match.

:roll:

The Preacher said:
DFTW, a king-hit does not constitute a fight, it constitutes a dog act.

If it was a king hit or a standing hook, it's still a punch, it's a fight.

A dog act is when you hit someone from behind or when they are not looking. Or when 20 people JUMP 1 person, this is a dog act.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
goodbye thug

he deserved more than what he would have gotten if he pleaded guilty...

it was a cheap shot and i cant see how anyone can condone what he did. anasta had his arm around his neck, he wasnt twisting it and trying to strangle him. if he somehow gets off all palyers hsould just get up throwing haymakers if they dont like being tackled

voltron

Juniors
i agree
if he is let off, this will set a very bad precedent for the future
and wat fitzgibbon said to the ref will be true.
u get tackled, receive a penalty, and then give the guy a punch for good measure.

and btw its a kinghit and a dog act because it came without warning
and he put heaps into the punch

Wilco

Juniors
It is completely different to the Danny Williams incident, anyone who suggests they are similar has rocks in their head and I question their mental stability.

Danny Williams chased Mark O'Neill over eight metres, and then hit him in the back of the head. David Fa'alogo hit Braith Anasta in the chin after Anasta was standing over him after an illegal tackle (yes an illegal tackle, he would not have been penalised if it was legal).

m0j0

Bench
Dkos said:
It is completely different to the Danny Williams incident, anyone who suggests they are similar has rocks in their head and I question their mental stability.

Danny Williams chased Mark O'Neill over eight metres, and then hit him in the back of the head. David Fa'alogo hit Braith Anasta in the chin after Anasta was standing over him after an illegal tackle (yes an illegal tackle, he would not have been penalised if it was legal).

The similarity I'm referring to is the fact that Williams was on the receiving end of an illegal tackle and claims that was the provocation for his attack on O'Neill. Fa'alogo was on the receiving end of an illegal tackle and claims that was the provocation for his attack on Anasta.
As for "standing over him," nice dramatisation. However, as you said, Anasta was penalised for an illegal tackle. Are you seriously suggesting that after receiving a penalty for an illegal tackle that it's open slather to dish out a little of your own punishment on the side - without retribution? Or, do you agree that the game should be controlled by the referee?

Wilco

Juniors
m0j0 said:
The similarity I'm referring to is the fact that Williams was on the receiving end of an illegal tackle and claims that was the provocation for his attack on O'Neill. Fa'alogo was on the receiving end of an illegal tackle and claims that was the provocation for his attack on Anasta.
As for "standing over him," nice dramatisation. However, as you said, Anasta was penalised for an illegal tackle. Are you seriously suggesting that after receiving a penalty for an illegal tackle that it's open slather to dish out a little of your own punishment on the side - without retribution? Or, do you agree that the game should be controlled by the referee?

If you watch the game again you will note that Souths did not receive the penalty until after Fa'alogo whacked Anasta in the melon. The referee had a poor game, he didn't control either side properly, and he won't see first grade again this season because of it.

If Fa'alogo had not hit Anasta there would have been no penalty forthcoming.

voltron

Juniors
Dkos said:
If you watch the game again you will note that Souths did not receive the penalty until after Fa'alogo whacked Anasta in the melon. The referee had a poor game, he didn't control either side properly, and he won't see first grade again this season because of it.

so you're saying that souths got a penatly BECAUSE Fa'alogo hit anasta?
man i have to see a replay of this.
but i find it hard to believe that the penalty would come AFTER they had got up and played the ball....

m0j0

Bench
Dkos said:

Mate, I've watched the game a couple of times and if you listen to the ref, he says that he had already given the penalty when having his talk to Fa'alogo. Are you saying he was telling porkies?

But let's entertain your theory for a minute. Of course, I'm going to compare this to Danny Williams again because the incidents are more similar than you'd like to believe. Williams received no penalty for being hit high - the ref missed it altogether. Are you therefore suggesting that because he got no penalty, he was well within his own right to thump O'Neill? Please tell me, do you want the players to take matters into their own hands every time they believe they've been fouled or do you agree that this is a job for the referee?

How many grapples have we seen this year? Out of the plenty we've seen, how many have been picked up by the ref? Out of the one's that were not picked up, how many of the recipients got up and belted the crap out of the tackler?