What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fable 2

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
I believe this is going to be the game of the year. Big call i know, but having seen the vdis that have been going around, i can't wait till october 21. I've got my preorder, even though it probly won't sell out....

One of the major selling points for me is the online multiplayer, where someone can join your game at any point and play through the story with you, sharing experience and gold, which bridges the gap between pc and console games in that department. I played through the original (the lost chapters), and thought i was fantastic, and its there was great appeal in playing through the game multiple times after completing it, as the were different ways you could go to the game. In Fable 2, many of the barriers that limited you in the original are crashed through, with endless new freedoms added to the game.

It is based 500 years after fable 1, so the world is very different, and technology has improved dramatically. for exapmple the long bow has been replaced by the gun. You can also chose to start a family. When you find a wife/husband, you can then also chose wether to use contraception, and if you chose not to, you'll have children. this part of the game doesnt really appeal to me, but it is just one example of the freedom this game is going to give you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJWoc68jpjI&feature=related

your thoughts?

Last edited:

Special K

Coach
I really liked the first fable which is odd because I normally hate these type of games. I'm looking forward to this and Banjo coming out on the 360!

tokerShark

Juniors
pretty sure its out this thursday, dont know if i will get it yet, its a toss up between fable 2 ,far cry, or fallout 3 next week

bulldog

Bench
360 exclusive. i'd imagine that would anger quite a few people... but i wont be one of them.

It's never been confirmed as exclusive, Lionhead have stated they want to get 1 platform right before they think about others.

This from Molyneux on the possibility of a PC version recently too:

If you recall we didn’t release a PC version of Fable immediately. I don’t think we even announced it immediately. There’s no announcement either positive or negative on a PC version just yet.

You see you said all the maybes and mights there, I’ll leave that with you! But these are the sorts of things as you can imagine I get into an enormous amount of trouble for. I have to be very careful!

It may take a while, but I'm sure a PC version will come.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
It's never been confirmed as exclusive, Lionhead have stated they want to get 1 platform right before they think about others.

This from Molyneux on the possibility of a PC version recently too:

It may take a while, but I'm sure a PC version will come.

i meant console wise. seeing as it it made by microsoft game studios i wouldnt expect it on anything other then pc and 360.

and yes its out on thurs. i have my preorder and, luckily enough, and rdo from work... so i will probly be well aquainted with the game by friday :D

this is the only game i've ever bothered to preorder, and if you get it, you'll see why

Special K

Coach
Game at macquarie centre was selling it today for $79.. I just bought saints row 2 and am still playing NBA 2k9 so I put off getting it

That said I may give in and get it tomorrow haha

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes. every store i went to said it was coming out tomorrow, including the one i placed my pre order at... but my mate just came from blacktown and the eb there is selling it today. had a look at it. i only really saw the very begining of the story, but the game looks fantastic. theres some good banter between villagers too

effnic

Bench
The game is awesome, i enjoyed reading the diary entries from the 3 skeletons in the caves had a great laugh about them planning to poison eachother lol. Also that blacksmith job the last star is painful to get i think my best chain multi was 12 or 13 it becomes very hard after that.

tokerShark

Juniors
i spent ages wood chopping and blacksmithing but i havent got the last star yet on either, seems like a lot to do, but awesome game, cant bring myself to punish the dog, i dont know why you'd want to. although ive kicked a few chickens and slayed a rabbit.

Latest posts