What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fail to find touch off penalties

evil_p091280

Juniors
Twice!!!

Wtf???

(I'd love to see a replay of the second half one but - looked well out before he touched it)

TheRev

Coach
Looked like a miracle for souths to keep the 2nd one in, but yeah those 2 touch finders and the Chase one over the touchline on a drop-out were extreme unforced momentum killers, but hey we got there anyway.

64 Dragon

Coach
It was the plan to wear the Bunnies out with all the extra attack they were doing. It paid off this time.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The first one should have been a knock on against 50uff$, but shit happens.

The second one kicked by Dugan really put us on the back foot, they ended up with a repeat set.

TheRev

Coach
To be fair, its because were still trying to replace Soward.. who did everything:

o Goalkicking: Today was the 3rd or 4th goalkicker we have used since Sowie left, and I think on tonights game alone you know that Chase is the choice of kicker in front of Dugan.

o Line Dropouts: In terms of line dropouts, I think Duges is doing them? And its good because he has a big boot and he can spray it a bit and it doesnt matter

o Field Goals: 3 blokes had a go tonight, they all looked like nuffies tbh, they will need to work on that one during the week, tbh its hardly been a priority, and id reckon we are as much a chance of going for a try than kick a fieldgoal (unless we have the defence moving back).

o Penalty Touch Finders: Might need to look at that, Dugan has more distance but if his accuracy isnt up to it, 10m isnt worth such a momentum loss

All of this goes away next year with Widdop or Williams, but we need a plan for 2013 first.

Saint 60

Juniors
first one was Fien...at the time I thought gone back to Brown days :( ....dam close but happy to be wrong...everybody seemed to have a real dig this week which was great :)

first one was Fien...at the time I thought gone back to Brown days :( ....dam close but happy to be wrong...everybody seemed to have a real dig this week which was great :)

...yes, they dug deep to dig themselves out of the hole they dug for themselves (Nathan Brown)

Godz Illa

Coach
Flashback to the pre-Sowie era. Jamie had a perfect record of penalty touch finders from the day he joined Saints up until a game late last year. Six consecutive seasons. That moment probably foreshadowed the beginning of the end of his time in the red v!

Latest posts