What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faith No More

Red Bear

Referee
How good is this band! I got out Who Cares A Lot the Greatest Hits cd for the first time in like a year its bloody great. Anyone else agree?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Epic, last cup of sorrow, ashes to ashes were my favourite songs.

Mile Patton was a vocal genius.

Red Bear

Referee
He still is a vocal genius when he sings. Epic, falling to Pieces and From Out Of Nowhere are my favourite. But how could you go past Epic?

choc_soldier

Coach
I've got the Best Of, as well as The Real Thing, Angel Dust, King For A Day, and Album Of The Year.

All of them are good in their own right, but I think that King For A Day is the true standout.

Great band! :clap:

ThrashViking

Juniors
Patton's one of the modern musical greats, no doubt it
I prefer his other projects but Faith No More are one of the most influential bands of the past 20 years

daslacker

Juniors
Top band 1 of the best :clap:
I've only just got it back out also

Stripsearch,evidence,epic,ashes to ashes are my picks from
that cd.On the 2nd cd the last song,not that i'm a huge fan of
the song but he did a good version of it.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Yah, easily my favourite band ever!

Every album is bloody tops, even the Chuck Moseley era stuff I liked. he was the worst vocalist ever but some of his lyrics were good, in kind of a sarcastic way.

Favourite album is The Real Thing, with Angel Dust second. Favourite track would be Falling to Pieces, with Zombie Eaters and Just a Man coming in after.

RESPECT!!!

And I think that FNM are a lot better than Patton's other bands (all of which I like) which is a testament to how good Gould, Bordin, Bottom etc were.

My only regret in life is never seeing them. Their last tour here I was 12 and didn't know them well... :(

Karmichael Hunt

Juniors
I only got into them after they broke up, big disappointment that I didn't see them. Angel Dust is the best CD but my favourite tracks are 'Digging the Grave', 'Last to Know', 'Everything's Ruined' and the rare track 'Absolute Zero'.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
daslacker said:
Top band 1 of the best :clap:
I've only just got it back out also

Stripsearch,evidence,epic,ashes to ashes are my picks from
that cd.On the 2nd cd the last song,not that i'm a huge fan of
the song but he did a good version of it.

Is that "This Guy's In Love With You" by Burt Bacharach? That was an awesome cover! Recorded live in Sydney in 1997 where I wasn't there :cry:

Le Rouge

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
How good is this band! I got out Who Cares A Lot the Greatest Hits cd for the first time in like a year its bloody great. Anyone else agree?

FNM were a great f**kin band :clap: . One of my faves, Patton is a freak and a genius. I never got to see them live which is a shame, but Ive seen Patton at work with his other bands quite alot.

Their best stuff wasn't the singles they released or the stuff on Who Cares Alot. Get King for a Day and Angeldust, they are two of their best albums i reckon.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I was lucky enough to catch them live in Auckland in '93 on the Angel Dust (my fave FNM album) tour when big Jim Martin was still in the band, they were awesome. I even got laid after the concert, what a night! :p

Trollhammaren

Juniors
SpaceMonkey said:
I was lucky enough to catch them live in Auckland in '93 on the Angel Dust (my fave FNM album) tour when big Jim Martin was still in the band, they were awesome. I even got laid after the concert, what a night! :p

Roddy Bottom? :p

joking

I hadnt heard any of their songs until the other day when i decided to look for a song from black hawk down that always caught my attention. It is when the delta and rangers are kitting up for the assault on the bakara markets, you then here this cool bass intro, i have always loved that part. The song is called fall to pieces. Dont like the vocals though, not heavy enough for me.. But i love the intro.

realredhillboy

Juniors
they really remind me of my younger years drinking in pubs say 12 years ago. missed em every time they came out, which is a shame now they have split up. mu pic of their best songs.

kindergarten,be aggressive, last cup of sorrow,stipsearch.... and i love nearly every song off angel dust and album of the year.
the chuck mosely stuff was good too...even though he had such a nasaly voice