What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fakir still with UTC

JasonE

Bench
Good news, at least for the moment so hopefully we can keep him away from RU.
Also, Fakir scored twice overnight in UTC's big victory over Lezignan.

UTC :
1. BOSC
2. MURPHY
3. BAILEY
4. SADAOUI
5. VERGES
6. FRAYSSINOUS
7. RINALDI
8. MARTINS
9. COLOGNI
10. BEATTIE
11. BICKERTAFF
12. FAKIR
13. MOUNIS
14. JAMPY
15. FELLOUS
16. PACULL
17. TOUXAGAS

JasonE

Bench
www.utc13.com

thats quite a strong team UTC have their, some of France's best young talents in Bosc, Mounis, Touxagas and Sadaoui mixed with experienced French test players and pros like Bailey and Beattie.

In-goal

Bench
I would hope that they can get to the semis of the CC with a good draw, i think there even a chance to knock over National League heavy wieghts such as Hull KR and even Castleford.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Did Rinaldi and Fakir play for VILLENEUVE LEOPARDS in the past? I seem to remember them associated with that club. And who does Gressèque play for?

screeny

Bench
Both Rinaldi and Fakir used to play with Villeneuve, yes. Greseque's with Pia. He played last season with Featherstone and was offered a SL deal by Widnes apparently.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
It would be great if all these potentially very good French players like Rinaldi, Fakir and Gresseque along with the young players that JasonE named all ended up at UTC in the ESL.

Also does anyone know what the club will ba called? UTC just doesn't sound right to me.

DIEHARD

----
I have no idea why NRL or ESL clubs haven't moved and signed him to a short term contract.

If we lose him, it will rip the heart out of every internationalist here...

2006 can't come soon enough!

Matt M

Juniors
Tidus_Raider said:
c_eagle said:
Perpignan

That's heaps better. What part of France is this club situated in? And will the home games be played in France?

Its in the south, where rugby league is the biggest. Of course home games will be played in France, why would they play them elsewhere?

Misanthrope

Staff member
It would be great if all these potentially very good French players like Rinaldi, Fakir and Gresseque along with the young players that JasonE named all ended up at UTC in the ESL.

Would not surprise me at all if this was the case. I mean, given the option of being paid a decent wage to play in a proper domestic comp, wouldn't most players take it over playing an amateurish comp?

alexisUK

Juniors
chriswalkerbush said:

Would not surprise me at all if this was the case. I mean, given the option of being paid a decent wage to play in a proper domestic comp, wouldn't most players take it over playing an amateurish comp?
Isn't that the whole point? Well, that and trying to boost a bit of interest. Actually, I do wonder exactly what the point is in having a French team in Super League is. I don't disagree,but I'm not sure what the real reasoning behind the club is.

inertia666

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
I have no idea why NRL or ESL clubs haven't moved and signed him to a short term contract.

If we lose him, it will rip the heart out of every internationalist here...

2006 can't come soon enough!

If you lose him it will certainly be the fault of RL. Personally, I hope he does whatever sets him up financially well during his career unless he has a great job and can continue RL part time.

A sportsmans career lasts 13 years tops (injury permitting) and if he can't make money in france he is as well going to Union (if that's what he wants).

Let's hope someone can do the right thing by him.

inertia666

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
er.... ok.

What is this "If YOU lose him" stuff. Aren't you a rugby league fan?

whatever man, don't mince words.

even admitting to liking union here is enough to send any "true" RL fan into a frenzy.

And , no , i'm not the same kind of RL fanatic as you and lots of people are on these forums. i enjoy the game immensley but the future of a french player who i've never even seen isn't my biggest worry in life. I hope he does whatever makes him happy and gives him a prosperous life. if the NRL or SL snap him up then superb.

Latest posts