What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fallout 76

jargan83

Coach
Has anyone picked this up?

I'm a fan of the Fallout games but wanted to see what some of the feedback on this game was before picking this up what with the change to online multiplayer.

Iafeta

Referee
I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube videos. I’m a massive FallOut fan. But to a man they’re all saying it’s a sack of faeces. Will avoid.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think people would say this was a sack of faeces even if it was spectacular, because hardcore game fans are as resistant to change as a 1950s American conservative. Making it an MMO was always going to ruffle a lot of feathers.

Of course it might be shit house anyway. But given that factor, and given that Bethesda are notoriously bad at releasing complete, bug free games, I'll pretty much wait until a few of my mates have it and see how it is then. I'm not really an MMO fan but if it's an enjoyable game the fact it's Fallout will get me over the line...

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
A game made because some shareholders needed to be placated over the 2018 Christmas period, nothing more, and it shows.

Iafeta

Referee
Went to a mates place to play. Tbh in hindsight I’d rather be in the middle of a human centipede than play it again. And I’m a big FallOut fan. This isn’t FallOut. This is poor PvP mash up with no story and aged graphics. At certain points I was getting motion sickness from the game camera.

Eelectrica

Referee
The franchise really needs to go back to the old developers who made New Vegas
Obsidian do have a game like that coming out, not a whole lot known about it other though.
Without Chris Avellone working on it who wrote the better parts of NV it's hard to know what it's going to be like. Also how the MS deal affects things.

There is reason for optimism though.

Eelectrica

Referee
This is the game I was alluding too, done by the guys behind the original Fallout.

Wasn't sure what to expect, but definitely looking forward to hearing more. It's a multiplatform game on PC, Xbox and PS4. Supposed to be an RPG, even though the trailer doesn't show that.

jargan83

Coach
This is the game I was alluding too, done by the guys behind the original Fallout.

Wasn't sure what to expect, but definitely looking forward to hearing more. It's a multiplatform game on PC, Xbox and PS4. Supposed to be an RPG, even though the trailer doesn't show that.

First I’ve seen of that and it looks pretty good.

Springs09

Juniors

These guys did Fallout: New Vegas, not the original Fallout. They've also done other RPGs like Stick of Truth and Pillars of Eternity.

Eelectrica

Referee
These guys did Fallout: New Vegas, not the original Fallout. They've also done other RPGs like Stick of Truth and Pillars of Eternity.
Lead designer Tim Cain was the one of the main designers of the original fallout.
And yeah I'v played heaps POE and Tyranny. I Passed on SoT.
I've got most of the games Obsidian has produced.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
Oh god I f**king hate this game. I f**king hate hate hate it.

It is the most pointless waste of time ever. No fun, no excitement, nothing. Just constantly fixing your weapons, scrounging for ammo and looking for food.

Oh, and the f**king BUGS! What a joke!

bileduct

Coach

Bethesda announced at E3 that there's a major DLC expansion coming to Fallout 76 that will introduce NPCs, main quest lines, and all the other stuff that should have been there from day one.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Seems to be the way to do things these days. Release junk and fix it on the fly. Fallout, Elder Scrolls online, GTA online, No Man’s Sky etc

Misanthrope

Staff member
I reckon I'll redownload this when Wastelanders comes out. The biggest issue for me at launch was how dead and lifeless the world felt (ironic, given the setting).

It'll be good to have NPCs to interact with.