What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Famous NRL Supporters

The Tank

Bench
Who are genuine fans, not celeb fans? I know Sarah Murdoch is a genuine RL fan. Russ Crowe obviously is. I'm not so sure on Hawko.

_Johnsy

Referee
I wouldn't say that they are big Souths fans. It is like what Errol Alcott has done with several of the Aussie Cricketers. They are on the list.

There have been plenty of people that Russell has converted over there. There was a guy that was in the movie Mystery Alaska that was in Sydney on his way to the airport to go home. He heard on the radio about the Charity Shield with Souths playing. He asked the cab driver about it and the cabbie told him that Aussie Stadium is only a few minutes away.

Anyway he rang Crowe up and organised for him to be at the game. He changed his flights and ended up at the game and even back at the club after the game.

A few others that Crowe concerted is Ron Howard, Jay Leno, Jodie Foster, Sharon Stone and Meg Ryan to name a few. They all own a Souths jersey, but I won't call them fans.

Souths have a list, says it all really. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Didn't the pope wear red and green once ?

Last edited:

Nemesis

Bench
Souths have a list, says it all really.

Didn't the pope wear red and green once ?
and so did this bloke...

FreddyKrueger.jpg

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
:sarcasm: who cares? :lol:

Hey, don't diss Dirk, he played for Australia :)

It is going to be stressful season, on the one hand worrying about the Tigers getting the spoon and on the other, the Sharks getting the premiership. I may have to sit the season out ala birdie, carney and co.

Last edited:

dubopov

Coach
Who are genuine fans, not celeb fans? I know Sarah Murdoch is a genuine RL fan. Russ Crowe obviously is. I'm not so sure on Hawko.

Two GENUINE fans for the Dragons ..

1. Phil Jaques - cricketer .. seen at matches wearing jersey prior to being well known

2. Ross "Skull " May - Nazi scumbag but a real supporter not a fly-by-nighter.

The other "real" supporter in my lifetime who gained noteriety as a supporter was Laurie Nicholls the Balmain shadowboxer.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Petria Thomas=Eels fan

Yes i know Raiders fans will claim she is a Canberra supporter, but in a n interview a while back she said she followed the Eels and Peter Sterling was her all time favourite player. Could've been a footy show from early 2000 i heard that.

Paul Hogan=Parramatta aswell. Although i heard he was a Newtown supporter before hand, but from a sixty seconds with Sterlo years ago he said it was Parramatta and nothing else.

Ray Hadley= Parramatta
Ray Warren= Parramatta

Not rocket science to work that out
Terry Kennedy?

sharkadelic

Juniors
a couple off the top of my head --

Bill Harrigan - Souths fan
Dave Faulkner (Hoodoo Gurus) - shark fan
David Tuata (apologies on the spelling heavyweight boxing title contender) - warriors