What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fan arrested for attacking Referee

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Yeah, let's rip into somebody relaying news about something sh*thouse rather than commenting about what a dog act it is. :clap:

Well if you are going to relay some news, at least make it accurate.. If the club the attacker supported was not relevant, then why the need to mention it.. and maintain it was a Roosters fan and how a group of them were causing trouble.. you should engage your brain before you type in future..

OVP

Coach
Guys go easy on Tim ... i heard the 8pm news and 2GB definitely said it was a Roosters fan. I dont know who is right, but thats not really the point. All clubs have dickheads, and i hope they ban this idiot for life, no matter the club he supports.

BWNB

First Grade
Guys go easy on Tim ... i heard the 8pm news and 2GB definitely said it was a Roosters fan. I dont know who is right, but thats not really the point. All clubs have dickheads, and i hope they ban this idiot for life, no matter the club he supports.

They did say Roosters fan , but then again they did say that the Roosters were defeated.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24085838-5012652,00.html

Manly supporter evicted

By Dean Ritchie | July 28, 2008 12:00am

A SPECTATOR was apprehended and thrown out of yesterday's match at the Sydney Football Stadium for throwing a plastic bottle at referee Jason Robinson.

The incident took place 10 minutes before halftime when Robinson was near the sideline. The bottle landed on the sideline but not near him.

It is understood the man faces a fine and a possible ban from attending matches at the SFS. The NRL will investigate the incident.

"It is unfortunate people like this come to the football,'' Roosters chief executive Brian Canavan said. "He was dealt with by authorities. We don't want these people coming to our games. He was a Manly fan too from what I hear - he didn't have a very good day.''

Robinson blew more than 20 penalties for the game - frustrating the players and crowd. "I think it was about 24 or 25 penalties - I don't think that was called for,'' said Manly coach Des Hasler.

"I think we might have finished on the right side of the ledger but it was way too many penalties.''

taipan

Referee
The nuffy was grabbed by security,and has been charged. There is always an idiot around who has to stuff it up for the rest who do the right thing.He should be strung up by the short and curlies in Martin Place.

Tom Ace

Bench
What was his version of events?

Surely it could only be something along the lines of "I threw a bottle and got punted"?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Cheers mate. Totally agree - it's irrelevant who the person supports... I was just relaying the info of which I was told it was part.