What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fan-"bloody"-tastic

stumped

Juniors
What great initiative from the junior jets, I heard the ad on "Talkin Sport" 2SM 1269 giving the juniors a bit of a wrap and some info on registration for junior league,
Sir/Mam who ever you are? your dedication and commitment not only to the junior jets but junior league in general is credible, well done.
if your a member of the snr club, may I suggest you stand for election, then maybe the members will be kept informed on what is happening within the club.

P M me if you are looking for a helping hand on game days, I would be only too happy to assist in the growth of the junior club
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

silverfox

Juniors
I listen to the 2sm during the day and the ads have also been on across all programs. not sure how they got to do that! Congrats to the Juniors - you are a credit to the name

brendothejet

First Grade
The juniors managed to secure a deal with the radio station just recently and they are sponsoring us through the ads you are hearing.

I believe there will be some interviews later on throughout the season.

Good to hear that its reaching the masses.

silverfox

Juniors
great initative about the aforementioned! keep it up people! who knows - you may well end up like a souths juniors :lol:

stumped

Juniors
great initative about the aforementioned! keep it up people! who knows - you may well end up like a souths juniors :lol:

wouldn't that create a storm in a tea cup, big brother coming to little brother asking for financial support lol, just like souths did years ago, just picture the snr president standing before jnr president, hat in hand asking for more, the jnr presidents reply,"YOU WANT MORE" lol, somehow I think the "heavy weight" wouldn't think twice about where funds came from as long as they are not required to be held accountable to members....

stumped

Juniors
anybody know of the senior club representative that thanked Graham Hughes for all his help with the advertising on Saturday? since when have the senior club contributed anything to the juniors? in accordance to posting rules I am unable to say my piece and what I really think, but from all reports, the Juniors are paying a substantial amount toward the advertising and the other amount is a contra deal in lieu of sponsorship.
This deal was put together by a hard working group of volunteers who expect nothing for the time and effort they put in to see the kids learn the basic skills of rugby league among other things.
I urge everyone on this forum to do as I have and attend the next registration day and offer some assistance if you are able to find some spare time, it is simply amazing when you see the hive of activity and the great attitude shown by the volunteers keeping the rugby league spirit alive in the Newtown area.

silverfox

Juniors
i was listening to 2sm again this afternoon and the Juniors have done it again! an interview with Graham Hughes. Very impressive. They are really doing their bit for promoting the juniors. Earlier a caller said they were leading the way in promotion and gaining sponsors! they really are becoming a 'souths juniors' congrats guys on a great job!

stumped

Juniors
i was listening to 2sm again this afternoon and the Juniors have done it again! an interview with Graham Hughes. Very impressive. They are really doing their bit for promoting the juniors. Earlier a caller said they were leading the way in promotion and gaining sponsors! they really are becoming a 'souths juniors' congrats guys on a great job!

I'll be all ears today waiting on that guy to call 2sm and lay claim to all the hard work the Juniors are doing, it is a shame that Jenny didn't put the facts out there for all to hear that the Juniors do it all buy themselves, exceptions being Sydney airport, Marrickville Metro, Petersham RSL and some smaller sponsor ship packages of which does not include the Jets sports club or Newtown RLFC.

Once again the Jnr Jets have shown great imitative by having a publicity officer willing to put the word out, shame big brother doesn't see the importance in that area!

silverfox

Juniors
im a little disspointed. i thought the juniors would of used advertising space to its premium. however, i saw the bill board on parra rd which usually has an advert of the jets but it now has a big sign advertising the balmain junior league! whats the go with that! the amount of money being used for promotion could of been funnelled into that? i have only ever seen jets stuff on that building!!

stumped

Juniors
the printing company next door is the sponsor not fx signs! maybe the sponsor did a deal with fx signs when the mighty bluebags made the grand final. but then again someone might shed some light on the issue and I might be mistaken in regards to the sponsor, it would be a terrible injustice to the young Jets if he in fact owns/runs both companies

stumped

Juniors
the printing company next door is the sponsor not fx signs! maybe the sponsor did a deal with fx signs when the mighty bluebags made the grand final. but then again someone might shed some light on the issue and I might be mistaken in regards to the sponsor, it would be a terrible injustice to the young Jets if he in fact owns/runs both companies

I have since been informed that the sponsor is in fact also a director who in fact has tight links with fx signs, what a low act of bastardry advertising the oppositions juniors! seems loyalty does not run as deep as his pockets... an absolute and utter injustice to the youg kids associated to the club but an even bigger kick in the guts for the hard working volunteers keeping the footballing ambitions alive for the little tackers.

jets75

Juniors
you expected something different from him stumped? The bloke is an absolut prick who doesn't give a rats arse about the junior club and 4 that matter the senior club 2 as long as he gets his money

stumped

Juniors
you expected something different from him stumped? The bloke is an absolut prick who doesn't give a rats arse about the junior club and 4 that matter the senior club 2 as long as he gets his money

Mate I think my problem is I do expect too much from people, heaven forbid I did expect to be notified of the AGM! anyway I hope he does get whats coming to him, from all reports he deserves it.
Makes you wonder though just why the Juniors do support the senior club, they had volunteers at the Metro on Saturday giving out info for the upcoming games at Henson and even encouraging people to join the sports club and what did they get in return? this (as you so eloquently put it) prick selling them out.

Last edited:

jets75

Juniors
stumped i only called him a prick because its the nicest thing i could say about the bloke. If i really said how i feel about him i'd get bared from here lol. Exactly right about the people at the metro, saw them myself also, if i was a part of the juniors i'd be doing the same as what he does 4 them. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NZ Jet

Juniors
I've always thought the Juniors and Seniors benefitted from each other. What I mean is that :

the Seniors benefit from the publicity that having 100-200 kids running around each week putting the Newtown name in front of many hundereds of people (parents, other team parents, relatives etc) helps promote the fact that the Newtown Jets are alive and well and are a family club - which seems to be reflected in that there are heaps more kids at PL Games than 5 years ago (check the halftime ground invasion out) and many even wearing junior jerseys.

The Juniors benefit from just being Newtown Jets - ie a direct link to a historic club still playing at a high level, getting on TV when they make the final and on Fox midweek etc - I can't think of any other club kids can play footy for that offers that - and of course parents who are Jets fans can enjoy seeing their kids in the royal blue. This has seen the club already be one of the biggest clubs in SSJRL with probably as bright a future as any Junior club - numbers are increasing from what I can see, some clubs are folding sadly.

So I think both benefit very much from the existence of the other and cross promote just by existing. I'm not familiar with the politics an personalities so can't really comment, but I would think that Seniors being affiliated with Easts, whilst Juniors are part of Souths Juniors (who provide everything free - awesome!) may be something that is to be considered?

Good luck Juniors and Jets this year!

stumped

Juniors
I've always thought the Juniors and Seniors benefitted from each other. What I mean is that :

the Seniors benefit from the publicity that having 100-200 kids running around each week putting the Newtown name in front of many hundereds of people (parents, other team parents, relatives etc) helps promote the fact that the Newtown Jets are alive and well and are a family club - which seems to be reflected in that there are heaps more kids at PL Games than 5 years ago (check the halftime ground invasion out) and many even wearing junior jerseys.

The Juniors benefit from just being Newtown Jets - ie a direct link to a historic club still playing at a high level, getting on TV when they make the final and on Fox midweek etc - I can't think of any other club kids can play footy for that offers that - and of course parents who are Jets fans can enjoy seeing their kids in the royal blue. This has seen the club already be one of the biggest clubs in SSJRL with probably as bright a future as any Junior club - numbers are increasing from what I can see, some clubs are folding sadly.

So I think both benefit very much from the existence of the other and cross promote just by existing. I'm not familiar with the politics an personalities so can't really comment, but I would think that Seniors being affiliated with Easts, whilst Juniors are part of Souths Juniors (who provide everything free - awesome!) may be something that is to be considered?

Good luck Juniors and Jets this year!

NZ

you seem to be an intelligent person who looks at issue from both sides, that is something to admire, that is something I also try as often as possible, I have to ask you if you would condone a senior member of "a" club refer to its own affiliated junior club as "scum"? without retribution from the fellow senior members! personally I could think nothing would be more gratifying than to see little fellas running around as proud as punch advertising the mighty (blue bags) jets. I have just recently heard of a situation that has rocked me to my socks and am very hesitant to comment on this public forum in case the "allegation" has been portrayed falsely to me, I for one would hope that if what I have been told is an oversight and not intentional as if this was ever to get out publicly it would leave a few people awfully embarrassed. lets hope that the sponsors now know the difference between the senior and junior clubs is all I am prepared to offer.

NZ Jet

Juniors
Mate, that's pretty pathetic if its true, but I reckon even paying attention to it just makes such people believe their own self importance so lets see what happens (karma has its way...)
At any rate, the people working hard in junior footy are doing it for all the good intentioned reasons you've said before, and lets face it - if you think about the NRL clubs I'm sure you could quickly think of at least one "high profile" official who has been widely despised for each (go on try... Parra?, Saints?, Storm?.. see what I mean) but the dedicated organisers of juniors don't seem to let it get to them, and as you've said, sometimes go on to be more successful in their own right.
From the good work of the juniors with 2SM etc, I reckon their sponsors are getting some nice value back for their support.

stumped

Juniors
Mate, that's pretty pathetic if its true, but I reckon even paying attention to it just makes such people believe their own self importance so lets see what happens (karma has its way...)
At any rate, the people working hard in junior footy are doing it for all the good intentioned reasons you've said before, and lets face it - if you think about the NRL clubs I'm sure you could quickly think of at least one "high profile" official who has been widely despised for each (go on try... Parra?, Saints?, Storm?.. see what I mean) but the dedicated organisers of juniors don't seem to let it get to them, and as you've said, sometimes go on to be more successful in their own right.
From the good work of the juniors with 2SM etc, I reckon their sponsors are getting some nice value back for their support.

NZ, I would not have posted the fact some senior members class the juniors as scum if it was not actually said, secondly I agree 100% about what you have said in regards to the "high Profile" officials, shame one of the Jets "little known" officials finds funds to sponsor the Alexandria Rovers junior league in some capacity. I am lead to believe this little man sits on the board of the Newtown football club I am also lead to believe he is employed by the Newtown football club? seems as I have mentioned in the past loyalty does not exist where it really counts.

I would like to see the constitution that the jets operate under, (given that my request failed almost 18 months ago) most would not allow directors to be employed/profit from the organisation, perhaps this constitution is dated 8th februrary 1908 also?

Last edited:

Bluebag

Juniors
Stumped,

The juniors had an enormous response to their advertising and yesterday at the Jets Sports club they were well organised and everything went smoothly. The juniors want to work closely with the senior club but some of the things posted by yourself do not help the relationship be it true or not.
The juniors have had a junior jets day at Henson and promote it every year last year their was a glitch but hopefully it will be back again. The juniors encourage parents and kids to attend senior games as given that there may be nealry 300 kids that is a lot of potential parents to attend Henson.
The juniors understand they cannot get funding from the seniors and do get funded as they are part of Souths juniors and have developed a highly organised group to grow the junior.

this could be a big year for the juniors and you are still welcome to come down and help the kids where you can but perhaps the attacks may cease as it only harms the relationship.

Jack Holmes

Juniors
Stumped,

The juniors had an enormous response to their advertising and yesterday at the Jets Sports club they were well organised and everything went smoothly. The juniors want to work closely with the senior club but some of the things posted by yourself do not help the relationship be it true or not.
The juniors have had a junior jets day at Henson and promote it every year last year their was a glitch but hopefully it will be back again. The juniors encourage parents and kids to attend senior games as given that there may be nealry 300 kids that is a lot of potential parents to attend Henson.
The juniors understand they cannot get funding from the seniors and do get funded as they are part of Souths juniors and have developed a highly organised group to grow the junior.

this could be a big year for the juniors and you are still welcome to come down and help the kids where you can but perhaps the attacks may cease as it only harms the relationship.

FMD, please don't let sanity enter this argument

Latest posts