What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fan info night

garfunkel

Juniors
Hi all,

I'm a big bunnies fan. I would have liked to have made it to the info night last night but I live out western Sydney way and couldn't. Did anyone on this forum go to it last night and were there any interesting things said by richo or nick?

MattJ

Juniors
garfunkel said:
Hi all,

I'm a big bunnies fan. I would have liked to have made it to the info night last night but I live out western Sydney way and couldn't. Did anyone on this forum go to it last night and were there any interesting things said by richo or nick?
I attended the info night, nothing major was broken to the crowd of about 300, however a few things were discussed. The charity shield will be played out of telstra stadium next year, however, the scg trust claim that they have registered the name "charity shield" and if the game is not played at aussie, then we are no longer allowed to use the title for the game. Richo said this wouldnt be the case and they will be able to use the name. The whoel holmes-a-court/russell crowe subject was touched on, basically saying that the approach had been made by russ about a month before Weidler even broke the story and he only stumbled on it accidently. It was stressed that no written formal enquiries had been forwarded as yet and no decision would be made without a vote by members, there is no dodgy hidden deals going on and everything is being done out in the open. He stressed that the offer may never even be made but if it is, members ultimatly have the final say.
we will play 2 trials again before start of next season, the charity shield and a game against the cowboys which will be up north somewhere, cant remember where exactly was said.
A little bit on marketing was discussed and there was a lilttle bit of background on a few of the new recruits for next season.
Thats all i can remember for the moment, there was other stuff spoken of but it was mainly a lot of re-enforcing of things that have been said by the club for the last few weeks.

MattJ

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
Will there still be a gam at the SCG next year?

This was not mentioned, but its a good point, wish i'd thought too ask it. The relation between the club and the scg trust seems to be getting icy, i hope it goes ahead still, its a great day for both rabbits and dragons fans, very nostalgic, but not sure it'll happen. Would be a real shame too lose that fixture.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
There will be no games at the SCG next year. Souths will be playing all their home games at Telstra Stadium. They are hoping to be playing 3 or 4 games out at Redfern in a few years time. The funny thing about the Trust thinking they came up with the name for the shield is that the Shield was played many years before Souths started playing out at the SFS.

Richo also spoke about the loss of Logan and the re-signing of the Walkers. At that stage the Walkers hadn't re-signed, but he was very hopeful then. It looks like all came good. It was also said that with the re-signing of the Walkers that would mean the end of our recruitment for 2006.

On Logan it was said that he spoke with Scott about going back to the UK. The contract that Scott was offered was to good to refuse and definately not something that the club was willing to try to get close to. Shane pointed out that at the start of the year who was excited about Scott Logan. I didn't see one hand. He also said that coming close to July who wanted Ben Walker re-signed. Again there was nt many hands.

He also spoke about our recruitment for next year and he spoke very highly of Ben Rogers. I remember Shane talking to me during the 2004 season saying how John Sutton was going to have the number 6 on his back for the 2005 season. He spoke extemely highly of John and is doing the same for Ben. I will be happy if Ben ends up being half the player John is.

garfunkel

Juniors
Rogers was trying to break into first grade the last year that Richo was still at the panthers and he played a couple of games when Gower was out injured from memory. Richo must see something in him to sign him across. I think he will try to fill the lock position next year. I hope he does well.
What was said about recruitment next year for 07?