What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FAQS and Questions for Mario

JoeD

First Grade
I am answering questions across half a dozen forums regularly, in the chat room and via email. You'll have to excuse me if some slip through the gaps. I do have to work on the game too after all.

Thats cool, I thought you might be avoiding some questions on purpose thats all. If I had my way I'd say stop answering questions altogether and just work as fast as you can to bring the game out :)

I asked this in another thread but no-one seemed to know the answer - or it had been answered before and is common knowledge, but...

-do the players when attacking run at gaps, run at angles and run inside automatically through the AI or is it triggered by the player through a button similar to the FIFA 2003 way of finding space through the 'player run' button?

-also, i doubt you have time but can a player use selective passing when attaking the line? for eg. having someone like gower throwing a bullet pass and cutting out 2 decoy runners? would this be used by icons on the players intended to recieve the pass being toggled or by holding down the pass button for longer? (dont really understand how cut out passes work)

thanks.

roosterman57

Juniors
Hey Mario
I just have a few question

1-Will players like chris walker, which have switched clubs half way through the season, be at their original club or their new club.

2-I heard there will be post try celebrations. Will there be buttons that will make your players do a celebration or will it do it automatically.

3-Will there be more preview videos and screens that will be released before the game comes out.

4-Will you be able to put teams from the english comp into the NRL comp and vica versa

5-at the end of a season will you be able to view a ceremony like the Dally M awards where players get awards.

Mario

Juniors
I Bent my Wookie said:
-do the players when attacking run at gaps, run at angles and run inside automatically through the AI or is it triggered by the player through a button similar to the FIFA 2003 way of finding space through the 'player run' button?

Automatic.

-also, i doubt you have time but can a player use selective passing when attaking the line? for eg. having someone like gower throwing a bullet pass and cutting out 2 decoy runners? would this be used by icons on the players intended to recieve the pass being toggled or by holding down the pass button for longer? (dont really understand how cut out passes work)

Short pass - tap pass quickly, long pass - hold pass down.

roosterman57 said:
1-Will players like chris walker, which have switched clubs half way through the season, be at their original club or their new club.

Could be either, but you can put them anywhere you want anyway.

2-I heard there will be post try celebrations. Will there be buttons that will make your players do a celebration or will it do it automatically.

Automatic.

3-Will there be more preview videos and screens that will be released before the game comes out.

Yes.

4-Will you be able to put teams from the english comp into the NRL comp and vica versa

You can't edit the competitions that come with the game, but you could create your own competition in the NRL format with mixed league teams.

5-at the end of a season will you be able to view a ceremony like the Dally M awards where players get awards.

No.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
roosterman57 said:
I can answer this one.

You won't be able to include the english clubs in the proper NRL comp, but it's easy just to create a comp that you call NRL and include the english clubs (or vica versa) as well as the normal NRL clubs.

EDIT: lol, Mario beat me to it

raidersfan

Juniors
So by creating your own comp you could (if you wanted to) have all 15 NRL teams and also add the Australian Rep side into the mix and have a season with them duking it out. It would be mad :D Raiders v's Australia in the NRL Grand Final!!!

roosterman57

Juniors
Hey Mario. Answer these in your own time if you can please

1-Will one of the three platforms(xbox,ps2,PC), which rugby league is coming out on, have better gameplay or graphics than the other 2.

2-Will sidesteps, fend offs and busting of tackles be more effective than other footballing games?

3-Will you be able to play with city,country,NSW,QLD and international teams in friendly matches. IE roosters vs NSW or QLD vs country.

4-Will the game be like most other games where you just spread it out to the wing every tackle because thats the only place to gain meters. Will hitting it up and scoots from dummy half do you good.

5-Will the sin bin and send offs be used regulary.

6-Will there be cut out scenes where the referee stops the clock and calls players over to have a talk to them?

7-Can the referee put players on report.

8-are spear tackles availiable.

9-Can you be one player and follow his season like a carreer mode.

10-can you give me a few good reasons why rugby league will be a huge success and why it will be better than any other footballing game ever made?

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
With questions 1-9 there are........(all questions that had 2 questions in one, I took the last question)

7 yes'
2 no's

And Q10.......Well I can only predict it will be a success. As to why, check out the features list on trublu and read what people who have played it have to say.

roosterman57

Juniors
i dont understand what you are saying :?
if u dont want to answer i understand
if so mario could you please answer or anyone else

sheep

Juniors
Hey voddy can you send me the latest build you have? I cant wait any longer to play this.

BTW, dont worry its not like we have to tell Mario...he definately doesnt read these boards or anything, so it all should be sweet!

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
What I am saying is that while I cant answer specifically, and the answers may be wrong as there have been many changes since my build, I can read your first nine questions and find myself saying no twice in that list. Mario has the answers and I would imagine he will answer as many as he can. Thats all I can offer you Im sorry. :cry:

And sheep, Im sure youre right, never heard of this Mario bloke. What was your address ? :D :D :D

Mario

Juniors
roosterman57 said:
1-Will one of the three platforms(xbox,ps2,PC), which rugby league is coming out on, have better gameplay or graphics than the other 2.

Gameplay on all three will be the same barring controller differences. Graphics is dependent on the platform.

2-Will sidesteps, fend offs and busting of tackles be more effective than other footballing games?

All three of these moves are effective.

3-Will you be able to play with city,country,NSW,QLD and international teams in friendly matches. IE roosters vs NSW or QLD vs country.

Yes. You can play anybody against anybody.

4-Will the game be like most other games where you just spread it out to the wing every tackle because thats the only place to gain meters. Will hitting it up and scoots from dummy half do you good.

Yes, applying alternate strategies for gaining yardage will bear fruit.

5-Will the sin bin and send offs be used regulary.

Depends how agressive you are in the tackling.

6-Will there be cut out scenes where the referee stops the clock and calls players over to have a talk to them?

Yes.

7-Can the referee put players on report.

Send offs and sin bins...

8-are spear tackles availiable.

Yes.

9-Can you be one player and follow his season like a carreer mode.

No.

10-can you give me a few good reasons why rugby league will be a huge success and why it will be better than any other footballing game ever made?

Reasons? Sure...

1. Sidhe is a talented team who can do great things on a small budget in a limited timeframe

2. There is pent up anticipation for a league title.

3. True rugby league fans won't pirate the game because it will jeapordise a sequel.

4. We listened to feedback and ideas from fans.

5. The game is made in a country that participates in the league comp that is of the highest standard in the world, with several members of the development team being long time league followers.

6. Highly accessible gameplay with depth in terms of unlocking items, wide array of multiplayer options, and customisation ability.

7. Available on the most popular gaming platforms.

Shall I continue?

Paullyboy

Coach
I dont mean to piss you off, im just retyping this question because judging from a previous answer you missed it

Is there a way of importing and exporting teams into the game. IE., if someone on these forums makes a great created team, could they post it up on the net and we could all just dowload it and play as that created team like in the madden series?

Alan Shore

First Grade
Paullyboy said:
I dont mean to piss you off, im just retyping this question because judging from a previous answer you missed it

Is there a way of importing and exporting teams into the game. IE., if someone on these forums makes a great created team, could they post it up on the net and we could all just dowload it and play as that created team like in the madden series?

Yeah, will there be patches, updates and those type of things downloadable? Can we upload our seasons halfway through them or something?

Say, I get the Cronulla squad and update it for 2004, can I post it on the 'net for people to download?

Mario

Juniors
On PC, you could copy the whole save game file across to get somebody elses creations, but you wouldn't be able to merge this with your own existing teams and changes.

There won't be patches unless they are warranted, and there won't be addons unless HES commission them.

sheep

Juniors
theVodkaCircle said:
And sheep, Im sure youre right, never heard of this Mario bloke. What was your address ? :D :D :D
ummm 123...fake street.

Muzza tell me your feelings on the warriors this yr, you confident about making the grandfinal again? Also serious question not saying the warriors making it to a grandfinal isnt serious...but come on they are no Manly Sea Eagles (At this point in time i do not need reminding of where my team came on the ladder)

First how does the fatigue system work (i know the obvious like players stance - with their hands on knees etc etc)

1. How will this affect their game? Will they be more likely to miss a tackle, knock the ball on etc? Or will they just run slower?
2. Do forwards tire quicker than the backline
3. Can players knock on from dummy half in the play the ball?

Mario

Juniors
sheep said:
1. How will this affect their game? Will they be more likely to miss a tackle, knock the ball on etc? Or will they just run slower?

Yes, yes, yes.

2. Do forwards tire quicker than the backline

Entirely dependent on players fitness.

3. Can players knock on from dummy half in the play the ball?

No.

devonuto

Juniors
I was just wondering, When on attack, players like Rhys Wesser, and Blacklock etc. Do they follow the ball around the park trying to sniff out a try, or do they just stay in a certain position in the line?

Latest posts