What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah a bulldog in 2008

Miracle Balls

Juniors
Vicious said:
No......I`m thinking it was an after match interview ??? I was at the game, but a mate of mine who`s neither a Tigers or Bulldogs supporter rang me after the game saying that he thaught Farah`s comments about Gibbs` were a bit out of line. I`m thinking it was possibly one of the channel nine after match interviews and possibly replayed on Fox ???
Farah`s words were definately to the effect of saying that Gibbs` pre game comments about taking on the Bulldogs pack only fired up the Bulldogs` forwards and that he ended up paying for it.
Anyway i`m not going to keep on about it unless i can get someone to find the interview i`m talking about, but there`s no need for me to make something like that up, i know what i heard and i didn`t like it. Simple as that!

Come On. Now you're telling us that you didn't actually hear what was said. Only heard second hand through a friend that "something" was said.

Give it a rest mate, you're starting to sound like a dunce.

Miracle Balls

Juniors
brook said:
If Robbie leaves because another team offers him a LOT more money than we do I will be annoyed at our management for not making him an absolute priority.

If Robbie leaves for similar or less money to be honest I will wonder what else is going on at the club that would make him want to jump ship - because this is the kid who has turned down bigger dollars to stay with us every single time his contract has come up in the past, even at Jersey Flegg level when his future with us was far from certain.

Hmmm, maybe Mr McDonnell believes a couple of Magpie kids in Flanagan and DeGois (I wonder which one Vicious is related to) have more to offer. Of late it's appearing more and more difficult for local Balmain boys to progress all the way through to the WestsTigers.

Bench
Miracle Balls said:
Hmmm, maybe Mr McDonnell believes a couple of Magpie kids in Flanagan and DeGois (I wonder which one Vicious is related to) have more to offer. Of late it's appearing more and more difficult for local Balmain boys to progress all the way through to the WestsTigers.
You are kidding,Balmain get all the players from the Wests Tigers plus the good Magpie ones,how is this favouring Wests.
Look where Wests are on the table because of that unfair policy.
McDonnell,Flanagan,Crocket,Saffy and others should have been allowed to stay at Wests.

Miracle Balls

Juniors
851 said:
You are kidding,Balmain get all the players from the Wests Tigers plus the good Magpie ones,how is this favouring Wests.
McDonnell,Flanagan,Crocket,Saffy and others should have been allowed to stay at Wests.

Who cares less about positions on the table. If you'd open your eyes and learn to read I was making a point about "local" Balmain boys being able to find a career path through to the WestsTigers. Unbelievably, this year we've only had one local boy, Dave Marando, consistently represent Balmain in the PL. In Jersey Flegg we've probably had no better than half a dozen.

Magpies may be struggling on the table in the lower grades but at least their juniors have an opportunity to perform and develop in a more elite competition with more professional coaching, while the promising Balmain kids are left to muddle around in local park comps while their grade teams are choked with imported players from all points of the compass.

Shagsta

Juniors
851 said:

Wests Tigers wanted to have ONE PL team for all their players that have played or will soon play first grade, so that the same group of players are playing together every week. Originally this was tabled as a unified 'Wests Tigers' PL team, which the Magpies rejected.

Western Suburbs would have agreed to the current situation, so they shouldn't blame anyone.

gr8_1

Juniors
Miracle Balls said:
Who cares less about positions on the table. If you'd open your eyes and learn to read I was making a point about "local" Balmain boys being able to find a career path through to the WestsTigers. Unbelievably, this year we've only had one local boy, Dave Marando, consistently represent Balmain in the PL. In Jersey Flegg we've probably had no better than half a dozen.

Magpies may be struggling on the table in the lower grades but at least their juniors have an opportunity to perform and develop in a more elite competition with more professional coaching, while the promising Balmain kids are left to muddle around in local park comps while their grade teams are choked with imported players from all points of the compass.

That is something that needs to be taken up with the Balmain Football Club as to why they allow this to happen. There is some great talent in the Jersey Flegg team but most of these kids won't get the oppurtunity to move up to Premier League when the time comes as places are limited. Balmain seem more content to use "imports" from NZ, Keebra Park, Wests Magpies and Wests Tigers contracted players than to promote there promising junior players.

What is the solution though? Merge premier league and the same situation occurs, limited places in premier league for both Wests and Balmain juniors. Leave it as it is and Balmain get all the WT contracted players and Wests continue to run last. Or go back to the old system and "supposebly" disadvantage the first grade team. "supposebly" Sheens line of thought.

Maybe this new U21s comp might fix the problem. Though I rather see it as a U23s comp. If it ever evolves that is.

gr8_1

Juniors
Shagsta said:
Wests Tigers wanted to have ONE PL team for all their players that have played or will soon play first grade, so that the same group of players are playing together every week. Originally this was tabled as a unified 'Wests Tigers' PL team, which the Magpies rejected.

Western Suburbs would have agreed to the current situation, so they shouldn't blame anyone.

The 'Football' club had no say in the current situation.

innsaneink

Referee
gr8_1 said:
That is something that needs to be taken up with the Balmain Football Club as to why they allow this to happen. There is some great talent in the Jersey Flegg team but most of these kids won't get the oppurtunity to move up to Premier League when the time comes as places are limited. Balmain seem more content to use "imports" from NZ, Keebra Park, Wests Magpies and Wests Tigers contracted players than to promote there promising junior players.

What is the solution though? Merge premier league and the same situation occurs, limited places in premier league for both Wests and Balmain juniors. Leave it as it is and Balmain get all the WT contracted players and Wests continue to run last. Or go back to the old system and "supposebly" disadvantage the first grade team. "supposebly" Sheens line of thought.

Maybe this new U21s comp might fix the problem. Though I rather see it as a U23s comp. If it ever evolves that is.

You sure theyre content?

Do they have a say in it?

Where else do the rest of our top 25 play when they aint selected in first grade or PL?

Its obvious to me Sheens sees the higher turnover of juniors at macarthur as crucial to keep the traditonal Matts- Ball- Flegg- PL promotion, and if players do happen to be talented enought theyre moved over to balmain, where the top squad, and the rest are based, it wont change until balmains juniors double that of Wests.

Just a side note, Matts & Ball squads in Balmain are made up of 80% locals.

gr8_1

Juniors
innsaneink said:
You sure theyre content?

Do they have a say in it?

Where else do the rest of our top 25 play when they aint selected in first grade or PL?

Its obvious to me Sheens sees the higher turnover of juniors at macarthur as crucial to keep the traditonal Matts- Ball- Flegg- PL promotion, and if players do happen to be talented enought theyre moved over to balmain, where the top squad, and the rest are based, it wont change until balmains juniors double that of Wests.

Just a side note, Matts & Ball squads in Balmain are made up of 80% locals.

I would hope they have a say in it considering they own half the joint venture and they have control over the interests of the premier league, jersey flegg teams etc. They didn't knock back the offer either to accomodate the 'imports'.

Wish I had the answer to your question. Not sure what the ideal situation is. Can see the advantages of both scenarios.

Smartman

Juniors
Would be handy, oh fekk it he would be the most talented hooker at the bulldogs since Dr George and is a future Australian hooker.

Come home Robbie :cool:

Vicious

Bench
gr8_1 said:
I would hope they have a say in it considering they own half the joint venture and they have control over the interests of the premier league, jersey flegg teams etc. They didn't knock back the offer either to accomodate the 'imports'.

Wish I had the answer to your question. Not sure what the ideal situation is. Can see the advantages of both scenarios.

Balmain can do whatever they like, no one forces them to do anything, therefore of course they choose to field a Premier League side featuring mostly imports.
The proposed national u/20`s comp is no hope of starting as of next season, too many hurdles to overcome.

Albo

Juniors
I sincerely hope Robbie stays
imagine the dogs not getting Robbie in 2008

The dogs have already losed their best young talent to another club in 2008

Gus22

Juniors
Anyone else think Sione Faumuina is worth pursuing?

Given we have lost Laffranchi, & our lack of size in the forwards, I think he could be well suited at the Tigers in '07.

He's big, fast, has good ball skills, would fit in well with the other Kiwi's (I'd imagine), & on his day is a real handful for the opposition.

Our club seems to have adopted a policy of only signing model citizens (since the fiasco in the early years), & I don't know why he went off the rails at the Warriors but a change of scenery may be just the tonic he needs.

Hope someone has been on the phone to his manager. I won't hold my breath though.

Balmainia

Juniors
Now first of all, to everyone talking down to someone else - I wish you karma.

As for the divide between the two original teams - they're all imports - its the way the News Limited Rugby League works. Also there is not one single completely indigenous team in the NRL which verifies they're all imports.

Now I haven't been back to this forum in a long time and only came to the forum section because the official one is down. I don't know whether this forum just has a lousy reputation or whether the people making the remarks are idiots. Either way those involved are a detriment to Wests Tigers and should bugger off.

Miracle Balls

Juniors
Balmainia said:
Now first of all, to everyone talking down to someone else - I wish you karma.

As for the divide between the two original teams - they're all imports - its the way the News Limited Rugby League works. Also there is not one single completely indigenous team in the NRL which verifies they're all imports.

Now I haven't been back to this forum in a long time and only came to the forum section because the official one is down. I don't know whether this forum just has a lousy reputation or whether the people making the remarks are idiots. Either way those involved are a detriment to Wests Tigers and should bugger off.

I have no idea what the hell your second paragraph is supposed to mean.

Also, the sentiments of your last paragraph seems to totally contradict the sentiments of your first.

To all the kids out there, let the above post serve as a warning - DON'T DO DRUGS!

Estoboy

Juniors
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,2...4-23214,00.html

"I've spoken to Robbie and we're not really in favour of looking so far ahead, either with his club or another club. "
14 September 2006

tottie said:
i have been told in no uncertain terms that Robbie has signed with the Dogs for three years beginning in 2008.
I hope this turns out to be rubbish, however the source from within the dogs is usually on the money.

Mulvihill said:
The words done deal letter of intentwere uttered to me today by someone with some pretty handy connections to Beirut Wanderers FC

Mulvihill said:
It's done

Mulvihill said:
Farah has signed...

...It is done.

Mulvihill said:
I was also told it will be announced this off season

let me just post that article again:

"I've spoken to Robbie and we're not really in favour of looking so far ahead, either with his club or another club. "

hmmmm.......