What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

farah to eels?

in.tro

Juniors
heard some talk that farah could be off to the eels to join ricky? i wouldn't be suprised.

Matchball

Bench
If that happens we will be battling for the spoon.

He needs to be retained at all costs. No 1 priority.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The club has made it clear that Farah, Marshall, Woods and Galloway are the most important players and they will be building around them

Bench
The club has made it clear that Farah, Marshall, Woods and Galloway are the most important players and they will be building around them
That is the first sensible thing I have heard from the club in long while

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Farah's silence on the sheens rumours speaks volumes for me.

If Farah and/or the playing group were supportive of and behind sheens Farah would have made comments to that effect. He hasn't, and it is safe to assume that every journo that has covered the story would have sought comment from Farah. He is the captain and it would be natural for him to comment on the speculation.

If the playing group were behind Sheens they would have had at least a dig in the last 2 games. We were towelled by a side that sacked their coach 9 days later to put it into perspective. Easts players hated Smith and had nothing to play for yet they put one over us.

It seems the players are as anti sheens as most of the fans

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Funny that i had lunch today at parramatta and saw Farrah, Stuart and 2 others having lunch ???? Sorry guys...

Sure you did......................

Since you are such a keen troll seeking to excite the WestsTigers fans howabout posting the photo image I'm sure you would have captured on your phonecamera at the time in your eagerness to scoop us on this? :roll:

glockers

Juniors
Farah should be made an extension offer that takes into account the new salary cap. I say he is even worth throwing $800,000 a year at considering how much the cap will be. If Inglis and Thurston are worth $1 million, I say Farah at $800,000 is worth it especially considering his additional value as a Tigers junior and captain. Losing him will stuff our club up.

I know it will mean Benji chucking a wobbly about not being the best paid, but so what Farah is worth it.

Farah should be made an extension offer that takes into account the new salary cap. I say he is even worth throwing $800,000 a year at considering how much the cap will be. If Inglis and Thurston are worth $1 million, I say Farah at $800,000 is worth it especially considering his additional value as a Tigers junior and captain. Losing him will stuff our club up.

I know it will mean Benji chucking a wobbly about not being the best paid, but so what Farah is worth it.

I wouldn't get to concerned about what Benji may think.

He will probably be pushing for a release they way it all looks at the moment. He did say he has a deal and will live up to that deal. We have all seen that comments like mean, I want out.

Probably been lunching with Flanno this week. Lol

innsaneink

Referee
If we punt Sheens, why would Farah leave???
Only reason I could think of is because Moltzen would be still here

What our players have to remember is that the leeway Sheens has given them doesn't apply at all clubs,carrying on and being precious only seems to be tolerated at one club.

The following could have gone into many threads but this one was as good as any :D

WESTS TIGERS players have met en masse with leading officials at the club to address the circumstances of, and the fallout from, the sacking of coach Tim Sheens.

Tigers captain Robbie Farah yesterday revealed the snap meeting, held at the club's Concord Oval headquarters on Wednesday, as the hooker denied the players had revolted against their coach, and insisted he would be at the club until at least the end of next season.

Farah's future has been the subject of speculation, much of it linking him to Ricky Stuart's Parramatta, since talk of player unrest at the club emerged as a result of the departures of popular players Chris Heighington and Beau Ryan to Cronulla.

Farah stressed he believed the departures of Heighington and Ryan "had no bearing on what's happened to Tim", while also maintaining he and his teammates played no role in the sacking of Sheens as head coach.

"It's incorrect," he said, after training under Sheens with the Australian train-on squad. "I've got the utmost respect for Tim. Our working relationship has never been in question. Obviously we haven't seen eye to eye on a few things, but that's never been a problem, and it wasn't a problem moving forward.

"It was just a matter of the club realising after 10 years it was probably the right time to freshen the place up a bit and make some changes with the football team. You've seen that with players and now with Tim."

That said, Farah felt it was important to seek answers from chief executive Stephen Humphreys and chairman David Trodden, which the players did on Wednesday, the day after the officials announced they would try to convince Sheens to accept another role within the club.

"We spoke, we were pretty honest and open about things, people put their hands up where they'd made mistakes," he said. "They addressed us, and we asked questions . . . It was important that everyone in the place knew where they stood."

Sheens spoke yesterday about his plans for the Australian squad, reiterating his desire to coach the Kangaroos through to the World Cup next year despite his setback.

It is unlikely he will accept a new position with the club, given another coach will be at the helm. That was even made clear by Farah, who said: "Everyone in the club would like him to stay in some capacity, but knowing Tim, I think he'd probably find that a bit difficult. He has a great passion for coaching, and he wants to remain a coach."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ens-fallout-20120927-26nyw.html#ixzz27iQjxeDg

I know a headline sells papers but the piece above has a headline of:
Farah to stay as Tigers hold powwow over Sheens fallout

He is still signed for 2013 season and has stated that he would like to stay beyond that,however he also wants to take into account the rise in the salary cap before making a decision which is understandable.Other factors like who is coaching and player retention may also have a bearing on his final decision.

macnaz

Staff member
Would Farah be eligible for a salary cap discount for being a junior or long term player?

Latest posts