What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah

Smartman

Juniors
Fekk Yeah! Would be the most talented hooker since Dr George if he did arrive :cool:

Hey Tiger fans you can have Corey and Perry, 2 for the price of one :lol:

Wobbygong said:
With O'Meley keen to leave the Dogs and join the Roosters that should free up some cash in the cap.

I'm not so sure Shrek was going to leave in the first place but do you think he will still want to go to the Roosters after Sticky got the arse ? Look what the Roosters have done for Anasta and Harrison since they signed ? :lol:

I think we could get Farah for cheaper than most clubs are offering him. Why ? To play with one of the best, if not the best, forward pack in the comp and to play for a club as professional as ours. Imagine him packing down with Mason, Shrek and Luvva not to mention Armpit ?

Balmain_Boy said:
200? You gotta be joking.

If the Tigers lose him offering less than 350+ i'd be bloody livid.

$350K ? You better be livid champ because he will leave for cheaper than that. I think we could get him for $250K. He is and always has been a huuuge Dogs fan plus the opportunity to play for our great club and with our forward pack. I know its a business but players will take the cheaper option if there is a better chance of getting a premiership or he sees the club as more of a chance to improve himself and get into rep calculations.

aqua_duck

Coach
Ewan McGrady's Lovechild said:
$350K ? You better be livid champ because he will leave for cheaper than that. I think we could get him for $250K. He is and always has been a huuuge Dogs fan plus the opportunity to play for our great club and with our forward pack. I know its a business but players will take the cheaper option if there is a better chance of getting a premiership or he sees the club as more of a chance to improve himself and get into rep calculations.
Yeah but I mean if the tigers offer him 350 and dogs offer him 250, you're dreaming if you think he'll cop the 250 and move. I mean sure he went for the dogs as a kid but he's come through the tigers junior ranks, won a GF with them, and its not like the tigers are bloody south sydney, with Benji, Chris Lawrence, McDonnell, COllis, etc coming through he'll be up there again soon. Its always easier to re-sign a player than to sign a player

Bench
MattyB said:
I dont think it'll happen, but it would be nice!
Looks like you were right.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/fa...641325047.html

Quote:
Farah to stay a Tiger for love not money

IN-DEMAND hooker Robbie Farah says he is prepared to knock back more money to stay at the Wests Tigers and is expected to re-sign with the club until the end of 2010.
Talks between the Tigers and Farah's management continued yesterday, with both parties expecting he would this week agree to a three-year extension of his current deal, which ends at the end of next season.
"There's a few more little issues there but it's looking positive," Farah said. "My first choice is to re-sign - I love the club. I've never wanted to leave all along. As long as both parties sort things out, I'll be staying."
Asked if he would be knocking back more money to stay with the Tigers, the 22-year-old said: "You could say that. But the terms that we're talking about, I'm happy with. I'm not about money anyway.
"As long as I'm happy with the club, there's no need to move. Dollars aren't everything. I've had great times at the club. I won a comp last year, and that brought us all a bit closer. I've been under [coach] Tim Sheens all my first-grade career, and I see myself developing under his guidance. It'd be very hard to leave the club."
Farah, who played in the Prime Minister's XIII against Papua New Guinea last Saturday, is planning to leave for a holiday in Hawaii with some of his Tigers teammates next Tuesday and wants to have his future decided well before then.
The Tigers, who yesterday re-signed centre Dean Collis until the end of 2009, hope an announcement may be made as early as today.
Farah had been linked to a $1.2 million switch to the Bulldogs, with his manager, Sam Ayoub, saying two NRL clubs had shown significant interest.
Gold Coast managing director Michael Searle, meanwhile, said there were still "lots of factors" to be addressed before former Dragons lock Shaun Timmins could be signed by the club.
Searle met Timmins yesterday in Wollongong; however, any decision from either party is still at least three weeks away.
Searle also hinted he would not consider a move by Melbourne to offer the Titans financial compensation in exchange for allowing winger Steve Turner to remain with the Storm.
Australia's injury-hit Tri-Nations campaign met another snag yesterday, with Melbourne's medical staff informing ARL officials that hooker Cameron Smith was unlikely to be fit for the crucial first game, leaving Shaun Berrigan to fill the role.
Smith suffered bruising to the ribs and a badly corked thigh in the Storm's grand final loss to Brisbane on Sunday that are expected to rule him out of the October 14 clash with New Zealand.
Smith, who last night won Melbourne's player-of-the-year award, will be assessed again by Storm officials today before he travels to Sydney for the Kangaroos' medical tomorrow.
The Kangaroos have been hit by a host of injury withdrawals in recent weeks, including Luke Bailey Jason Ryles, Matt Cooper Steve Simpson and Eric Grothe.
Danny Buderus pulled out of the squad because of the impending birth of his baby.

axie

Juniors
Berrigan was rewarded for his performance in the finals, its as simple as that. Farah will certainly be in the green and gold in the future.

innsaneink

Referee
mattyg said:
awesome! he is my favourite tigers player, and he would add heaps to our team. Ay Timmah, wouldn't our good old friend "Ink" be p*ssed if we signed Farah? :lol:

Bad luck numpty....Farah has a smart head on his shoulders and wont be no where near your club for a long time yet.

RiotAct

Juniors
good luck farah, a close second to cam smith as best hooker imo. **** buderus seriously

Rocco

Juniors
pfft.

who would want to play for your sh*t team? good on farah stickng with the tigers and not have his reputation as a good player ruined.

mattyg

Bench
You are obviously small brained. Who was Asotasi/SBW/Tonga/Mason before they came to the bulldogs? Now they have developed into very good players. If anything, Farah would improve his game if he had of come to the dogs. Are you trying to say that we don't have any good players, because if you are, you are STUPID.

tigerdude

Juniors
dude, u think becoz he went to the bulldogs he would become worls class...clearly ur small brainedchampion. Fair enough tonga asotasi and mason became great whilst playing for the doggies but sonny bill has been a freak since he was 13. I can remember my friends playing junior reps against him and saying how freakish he was, he was born with it champ, doggies have developed his game a bit but he would be a world class player whichever club he was at. Thats why farah would not improve because hes been playing at the tigers since he was 14, theyve taught him all he needs to know and have developed his game, doggies wouldnt improve farahs game. Another eg is benji...born with it, tigers have developed his game but he would be a gun whichever club he played for.

mattyg

Bench
innsaneink said:
Bad luck numpty....Farah has a smart head on his shoulders and wont be no where near your club for a long time yet.

We haven't signed a big name player since Ryan in 2003. Not signing Farah isn't going to kill us. ;-) If Farah was really smart, he'd have chose to play in front of the best pack in the comp, but obviously not...

And tigerdude, you must be kidding yourself if you think players like Ryan and O'Meley haven't improved since joining us. They were origin reps before they came to us, we turned them into international reps. I could guarantee that Farah would improve if he came to us :D

tigerdude

Juniors
mate i was using ur examples...im not taking a shot at ur team..im taking a shot at u thinking u can make every player the best..i like the bulldogs and their players but the simple fact is farah is home and the only reason why he hasnt made reps yet is due to the fact that selectors pick the same teams every year..ffs we won the premiership last yr and only prince made the aussie squad...farah will get what he deserves...and that is the nsw jumper

mattyg

Bench
tigerdude said:
mate i was using ur examples...im not taking a shot at ur team..im taking a shot at u thinking u can make every player the best..i like the bulldogs and their players but the simple fact is farah is home and the only reason why he hasnt made reps yet is due to the fact that selectors pick the same teams every year..ffs we won the premiership last yr and only prince made the aussie squad...farah will get what he deserves...and that is the nsw jumper

fact is he will never get in over Buderus. Buderus is the NSW captain. I think Farah is better than Buderus anyway but try telling that to selectors. I know your not having a shot at my team, i just think that Farah would improve with us. I can't think of a player who has come to us and their career went down the tube. All the players we have signed (mostly PL players) have all turned into at least consistant first graders.

bulldog

Bench
mattyg said:
I can't think of a player who has come to us and their career went down the tube. All the players we have signed (mostly PL players) have all turned into at least consistant first graders.

Brett Howland?

The exception proves the rule I guess, can't really think of anyone else with top grade experience going backwards at our club.

Congrats Tigers fans - would have loved to see Farah in the Blue and White, but it's always good to see a bloke choose loyalty over money.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
mattyg said:
fact is he will never get in over Buderus. Buderus is the NSW captain. I think Farah is better than Buderus anyway but try telling that to selectors. I know your not having a shot at my team, i just think that Farah would improve with us. I can't think of a player who has come to us and their career went down the tube. All the players we have signed (mostly PL players) have all turned into at least consistant first graders.

Farah will improve regardless of where he plays. He is 22 and had just two full seasons of First Grade. He would improve at any club he was at.

Rocco

Juniors
mattyg said:
You are obviously small brained. Who was Asotasi/SBW/Tonga/Mason before they came to the bulldogs? Now they have developed into very good players. If anything, Farah would improve his game if he had of come to the dogs. Are you trying to say that we don't have any good players, because if you are, you are STUPID.

how was ben czislowksi, charlie tonga and dallas mcilwain? :lol: