What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farcical Footy show with Johns

Canterbury

Juniors
lol people are still going on about this

get over johns

he hasnt been playing league for the past two years and the past two years have been said to of been the best seasons since god knows how long!

there are better players then him now.

I wont miss him if he goes.. but hey i wouldnt of missed him if he went four years ago so whatever.

salivor

First Grade
he doesnt owe rugby league anything

This comment really irks me.
Yes the game has been bloody aweful to him. It's only given him fame and fortune. Given him millions of dollars in playing contracts and sponsership endorsements, made him a local hero in Newcastle and given him some of his greatest memories in winning two Premierships, State of Origin series and representing his country. If anything the game owes him the world. [/sarcasm]

legend

Coach
I can't believe people still don't understand what this is all about.

It's about the winning of hearts and minds at the grassroots level of the game where it will hurt us most. Should Johns go to Union, he will be at every coaching clinic enticing kids to come and play Union and for me, a player who was made who he is by another game and their fans, that's the biggest kick in the guts. It's a major sellout on Johns behalf and nothing will make me think otherwise.

I just hope he realises he is burning a bridge that will never be mended and his credibility will be at an all time low if he comes cap in hand wanting a job at nine.

mc5

Juniors
legend - excellent point

The real issue is not so much Johns changing employers, it is that his new employer will use his profile to grow union at the expense of league. All player contracts contain a general duty and obligation to promote the game and conduct coaching clinics and other promtions which by inference are advocating kids play rugby instead of league. Johns needs to recognise he will be used by union to help them in their battle against league.

People only need to look at rugby's growth strategies to see how much of it is aimed at taking market share away from its closest competitor - league

Pierced Soul

First Grade
in the telel today, apparently fatty was outside johns dressing room yelling "$800,000 and you wont have to make a tackle!" :lol: :lol:

I know they say financially it's the similar, but if you look at the diff workloads he'd be doing *if* he played a full season, their quite diff. so if you divided it by number of games, he'd be getting a lot more for onion. oh and do a lot less on the field. but he would get to kick the ball everytime he touched it and have fat morons stomp on him