What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

farewell Scottie pippen

mrbishi

Juniors
scottie pippen has retired after 17 years.
Pippen, 39, played in 1,178 games and averaged 16.1 ppg, 6.4 rpg and 5.2 apg and 1.96 spg during an illustrious career that placed him among the NBA’s 50 Greatest Players of all-time in 1996 and brought the Bulls six NBA World Championship titles. His 208 career playoff appearances rank second in NBA history behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s 237. Pippen led his teams to post-season appearances in each of his first 16 seasons and compiled NBA Playoff averages of 17.5 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 5.2 apg and 1.96 spg in 208 games.

he will be missed, well there ever be another player to compliment another player aswell as pippen did to jordan?

OZ_Falcon

Juniors
Yeh he was a great player, shame about his last year, he only played in 22 games due to injury. But the Bulls are going to be retiring his jersey too.

edabomb

First Grade
twista said:
he was bi sexual to, ol' pippen.

WTF???

Too bad he never did anything after the Bulls, he will never be respected as much as he should be.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Pippen gave Jordan and the Bulls the best years off his BBall career, He also should have picked up a title in Portland that year they choked.

Morenito

Juniors
How do you think Pippen would have gone without jordan and the bulls

say he was in another team his whole career. Now he probably wouldnt have won as many championships.

The main question is do u tihnk he would of being voted one of the greatest 50 players had he not played with Jordan?

mrbishi

Juniors
Morenito said:

say he was in another team his whole career. Now he probably wouldnt have won as many championships.

The main question is do u tihnk he would of being voted one of the greatest 50 players had he not played with Jordan?

a question to your question, do you think the bulls would of won all those championships without pippen? its a tough one

General Knight

Juniors
mrbishi said:
Morenito said:

a question to your question, do you think the bulls would of won all those championships without pippen? its a tough one

I think even without Pippen the Bulls would have all those championships. Pippen played second fiddle to MJ. Jordan did everything back then and all Pippen had to do was get the ball that Jordan would feed to him and get it in the hoop. If Pippen never played at the Bulls he would have never been the player he was.

Jonotallica

Juniors
Jordan did everything back then and all Pippen had to do was get the ball that Jordan would feed to him and get it in the hoop.
You make it sound so easy. :lol: Shame you or I didn't play with Jordan, we could have earned millions!

mrbishi

Juniors
CCGenerals said:
mrbishi said:
Morenito said:

I think even without Pippen the Bulls would have all those championships. Pippen played second fiddle to MJ. Jordan did everything back then and all Pippen had to do was get the ball that Jordan would feed to him and get it in the hoop. If Pippen never played at the Bulls he would have never been the player he was.

i wouldnt exactly say that...... no doubt they would of won a few championships but 6? im not so sure, he was there second best player and did alot for that team, on both defence and offence, just look at his playoff stats 17.5 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 5.2 apg and 1.96 spg
and go check out his stats during the bulls magical run, averaged close to 20 points a game, close to 8 rebounds, always averaged over 5 assists and around 2 steals per game, thats damn good in my eyes

pug306

Juniors
Yup, give Pippen some credit,
the Bulls wouldn't have won multiple titles without him,
they never had a top flite point guard,
Paxson, Armstong, Hodges, Kerr etc where spot up shooters.
Pippen played the point forward role to perfection.

You also have to remember in the '91 Finals,
it wasn't until game 2 when Phil Jackson switched Scottie onto Magic that Jordan looked dangerous on offense.
He was worn out trying to guard Magic in Game 1.
If Phil hadn't made the switch, maybe the Bulls would have never taken off on their first three peat.

Possibly the best defensive small forward ever.

Mr Saab

Referee
look at pippen minus jordan 93/4...he STEPPED up and was leader of the team taking the bulls to 55 wins and 7 game series with the Knicks in round 2 The phantom foul called on pippen in game 5 in the closing seconds as Hubert Davis went for a 3 pointer killed the bulls.
They quite easily could have gone all the way to the finals that yr.
Pippen was also all star MVP with 29 points and shocking RED shoes!!
Pippen is a champion player and i dont care about his career his final 2 yrs.
Is Hakeen Olajuwon looked upon any differently for his average final yr with the Raptors? I dont think so.

edabomb

First Grade
I agree Jordan never would of won a championship without a second man like Pippen. Jordan was an awesome player his first few years and could never make it past the Pistons, he needed help from Pippen to do this. As good as Jordan was, he wouldn't of been able to win 6 championships without Pip.

General Knight

Juniors
Goldthorpe said:
I think Jordan would have won championships WITHOUT Pippen for sure.

Exactly! If Pippen wasnt there they would have found someone else anyway. Im not taking credit away from Pippen I still believe he is a great player but probably not as great if he had never joined the Bulls. Jordan made him into the player he was.

And as for the part where you think Jordan couldnt win a championship without him. Hmmmm...........I cant seem to remember what happened to the Bulls when Jordan retired to play minor league, oh thats right. ;-)

Goldthorpe

Bench
CCGenerals said:
Goldthorpe said:
I think Jordan would have won championships WITHOUT Pippen for sure.

Exactly! If Pippen wasnt there they would have found someone else anyway. Im not taking credit away from Pippen I still believe he is a great player but probably not as great if he had never joined the Bulls. Jordan made him into the player he was.

And as for the part where you think Jordan couldnt win a championship without him. Hmmmm...........I cant seem to remember what happened to the Bulls when Jordan retired to play minor league, oh thats right. ;-)

Ditto!!

Pippen was a great GREAT player and not taking anything away from him, but yeah. MJ would have won those rings without Pip.

Just on Pippen, how good was he defensivley?? A G-U-N.

Mr Saab

Referee
CCGenerals said:

Jordan is the GREATEST player of all time. No one is comparing Pippen to MJ.
As i said, when Jordan decided to got and hit .198 at Baseball in 1993/4 the Bulls with Pippen, Grant, BJ, Cartwright, Pete Myers and co went on to win 55 games and push the Knicks to 7 games in the 1994 2nd rnd playoffs.
Jordan sure couldnt get it done vs the Pistons in the playoffs in his early yrs. It took the maturing of Pippen as a player in 1990/91 to push them over the top.
Jordan is Jordan, but Pippen was no flash in the pan player

Latest posts