What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fast track or fall back? The Halves dillema

Burwood

Bench
Buderus started to develop his kicking game last year when Johns was out for a few weeks, so it is definitely something that he should keep working on under the current circumstances. Put him into the Joey "school" with other blokes like Mullen, Dureau and Tighe so he can learn a few tricks. You are never too old;-)

voltron

Juniors
thanx for the welcome guys

yeah i have to agree with you perverse, thaiday is brilliant in attack, but very lackluster in defense. so watching him score tries is amazing
but you cringe at the mistakes you see him make. fullbacks are a great attacking factor, but first and foremost are for defense....

yeah i heard about buderus doing that, did he end up making any kicks late last year? woudnt mind seeing wat it was like
lol

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Any chance we can sign a Brett Firman or that guy who left the Cowboys after 05 there 5/8he went to Dragons but I cant think of his name, Mconell jumps to mind.

CJKnight

Juniors
voltron said:
thanx for the welcome guys

yeah i have to agree with you perverse, thaiday is brilliant in attack, but very lackluster in defense. so watching him score tries is amazing
but you cringe at the mistakes you see him make. fullbacks are a great attacking factor, but first and foremost are for defense....

yeah i heard about buderus doing that, did he end up making any kicks late last year? woudnt mind seeing wat it was like
lol

Hey voltron, welcome mate...

I do remember one distict kick. We where on the opponent's 40m line when Bedsy shot from dummy-half and he put a kick perfectly weighted into the ingoal which gaves us a repeat set. Classy stuff.

I like the idea of Buderus becoming more invovled in te general play kicking. It really shouldn't be too much of a stretch for him - Does anybody else remember him coming through reserve grade as a halfback way back in 95 / 96? I remember watching him thinking he was a bit of a ball hog but had a great long kicking game.

perverse

Referee
Bring it home Knights said:
1. thaiday

6. Gidley
7. Mullen
and with that team we'll continue to see teams score off kicks seemingly at will against us... and a good 1/2 of ours will just fly harmlessly across the dead ball line.

why on earth would you take gidley out of the position he was obviously born to play?

Yosh

Coach
Bedsy adding a kicking game would help. But who says his kicking is any better then Kidley's? Hopefully it is and we see him using it to benifit the team.

keeney

First Grade
Based on what I've seen on Bedsy's it is purely out of the fact he never tries to overstate his hand, Kidley always does. Bedsy is a far more intuitive footballer than Kidley.

I agree witht he above BIHK you're insane. That's possibly the worst combination would could field given the circumstances.

voltron

Juniors
I guess thats the problem for the Thaiday fans.
they want Thaiday in the team, but then the problem is what to do with Kidley.
I've seen people suggest the bench for kidley so to be able to put Thaiday on the team.
This is just BIHK's solution to that.

i heard somewhere that Smith is going to try Abe's and see if he is a longterm prospect in the halves

Latest posts