What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fastest backline in decades?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Iafeta said:
Christ, what is this, name your back five and proclaim how wonderfully quick you think they are?? Please lock this thread before we hear stories about how some Canberra prodigy scored 16 tries in 8 minutes in premier league and will "carve" up the NRL because they're quicker than the Tigers lot!

obviously you havnt done your research
that man is jermine ale, and he score 16 tries in 5 games, not 8 minutes. :)

hitman82

Bench
Mr Angry said:
But the Warriors backs will have the best hairdo's

Well Toopi won't, for once. An article in last week's Sunday Star said he was leaving the flash hair cuts behind, and will be concentrating instead on his footie. Bit of a novel approach for a professional league player!

Greenblooded

Juniors
melon.... said:
1. Minichiello
2. Roberts
3. Cross
4. Monobrow
5. Walker

Possibly. That line has speed to burn. I think Monobrow will ensure Walker stays in position defensively, and for that reason place those 2 together.

But in terms of speed, how does your 1-5 compare?

Shouldn't the title be leakiest backline in decades.

elyod138

Bench
1. Bowen
2. sing
3. hannay
4. bowman/myles
5. sing

the wingers and fullback have pace to burn and the centres are arguably the best defensive centre pairing in the competition, the wingers arent to shabby at defending aswell.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
hitman82 said:
Mr Angry said:
But the Warriors backs will have the best hairdo's

Well Toopi won't, for once. An article in last week's Sunday Star said he was leaving the flash hair cuts behind, and will be concentrating instead on his footie. Bit of a novel approach for a professional league player!

Hopefully if he concentrates hard enough he'll realise that he's completely useless and retire.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Christ, what is this, name your back five and proclaim how wonderfully quick you think they are?? Please lock this thread before we hear stories about how some Canberra prodigy scored 16 tries in 8 minutes in premier league and will "carve" up the NRL because they're quicker than the Tigers lot!

What exactly do you have against people talking about their teams players. God forbid you actually say they have talent :roll:

Iafeta

Referee
Immortal said:

What exactly do you have against people talking about their teams players. God forbid you actually say they have talent :roll:

No, its being a realist in who the other clubs have, not all 15 clubs are going to win the premiership and not all juniors or otherwise are superstars. I couldn't count all on the abacuses in the world the amount of players who have "talent". God forbid.

gregstar

Referee
Greenblooded said:
melon.... said:
1. Minichiello
2. Roberts
3. Cross
4. Monobrow
5. Walker

Possibly. That line has speed to burn. I think Monobrow will ensure Walker stays in position defensively, and for that reason place those 2 together.

Shouldn't the title be leakiest backline in decades.

the forwards will be doing ALL the tackling again

Iafeta

Referee
Immortal said:
Ok, let's lead the boring life & let's have no hope in the world in nothing, it's called being realist

Being a realist is to believe every youngster is a superstar? Thats not reality - thats ga ga dream land. I've got an idea, lets name every junior you can think of and say they're a superstar.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Immortal said:
Ok, let's lead the boring life & let's have no hope in the world in nothing, it's called being realist

sounds like an awesome idea Immortal, do away with optimism and hope, then we can all end up bitter and twisted like Iafeta :lol:

Iafeta

Referee
Raider_69 said:
Immortal said:

sounds like an awesome idea Immortal, do away with optimism and hope, then we can all end up bitter and twisted like Iafeta :lol:

Bitter is disagreeing with something you think? :roll: Half the forum are bitter then.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Being a realist is to believe every youngster is a superstar? Thats not reality - thats ga ga dream land. I've got an idea, lets name every junior you can think of and say they're a superstar.

Assumption, assumption, assumption. People say "Oh I think he's a good player, he COULD make it in rep sides in the future" No-one can doubt a players capabilities & what they will do in the future, so people can hope & think what they'd like.

You seemingly knowing if a player will always be a 'nuff nuff' doesn't seem 'realistic' to me

Raider_69

Post Whore
Iafeta said:
Raider_69 said:
Immortal said:

Bitter is disagreeing with something you think? :roll: Half the forum are bitter then.

no half the forum disagree
however you and maybe insano are the only 2 who are bitter and twisted and seem to have an obessive compulsive disorder that revolves around trashing canberra at every chance.

I personally think its your inner self wanting to break out and follow canberra, you mask it into hatred much the way some closet homosexuals act homoaphoic.

Let yourself go Iafeta, believe in hope again :lol:

innsaneink said:
Immortal said:
Who is monobrow?

Monaghan

I managed that cryptic one :lol: ...who the hells Luchetti?

monaghan.jpg
bert.jpg

Monaghan........Monobrow

Adam Luchetti is a kid from Wests Illawarra , and he is very very quick

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
melon.... said:
1. Minichiello
2. Roberts
3. Cross
4. Monobrow
5. Walker

melon

i want to ask a serious question

Why persist with Walker, he proved in the GF his a liabilty in defence, the roosters have a plethora of young talent in flegg and PL surely this isnt someone whos a better defender and not as eratic.

ByRd

First Grade
MELON, you can be happy with a fast backline but i think that the weakest defensive backline in the NRL is the roosters, on topic the dogs are not the fastest but also have good speed:

1)Patten
2)El Masri
3)Lolesi
4)Tonga
5)Utai