What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fat Sandow sent to NSW Cup

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
I think he's been singled out moreso for his lack of fitness than being singled out as the only player in poor form.

I'd say if Willie Tonga was not playing his best footy and was visibly overweight and being paid a bloody FORTUNE he'd be running off some of the fat for Wentworthville too.

You want the money Sandow, get into the shape of an elite athlete. If he spits the dummy about it then it says EVERYTHING about the makeup of the bloke.

I say good on Kearney for it. Ultimately it will earn him more respect than it will lose him.

This

aargon

Look at it from Sandow's view, you have to play club footy in the weekend while the rest of your team takes a break with family and friends. I for one would be p*ssed if that happened to me. 1/2 million salary and the coach chucks me in reserve grade…. That's no way to treat a super star...

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Look at it from Sandow's view, you have to play club footy in the weekend while the rest of your team takes a break with family and friends. I for one would be p*ssed if that happened to me. 1/2 million salary and the coach chucks me in reserve grade…. That's no way to treat a super star...

If the Michelin Man is a superstar perhaps he needs to train like one, play like one and act like one. Then he might be kicking back like the rest of his team mates.

eozsmiles

Bench
A week of training and 80 minutes of game time is better than 2 plane rides and 3 days on the drink.

Hooch

Juniors
Maybe Kearney wants him to go walkabout.

Realised he made a mistake and tear his contract up.

Kearney clearly only knows what he's plagiarised off Bellamy. That sort of system is built up over years and you've got to recruit it to it too. Paying massive overs for a confidence player like Sandow doesn't fit the model.

Kearney has no clue. Worrying signs were starting after that shithouse first year, which was 'rebuilding' or something.

I don't think there's any doubt there's a loss of confidence in the coach.

aargon

super stars come in all shapes and sizes. Don't hate on him just because he's a little chubby...

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Chris Sandow - you are a loser.

All you've got is a multimillion dollar contract and hangin out in a hot tub with Victoria Silvstedt, Playboy play mate of the year and your millions of dollars and Victoria Silvstedt, Playmate of the......................................................................................................f**k!!!!!!

ethan tremblay

Juniors
I think he's been singled out moreso for his lack of fitness than being singled out as the only player in poor form.

I'd say if Willie Tonga was not playing his best footy and was visibly overweight and being paid a bloody FORTUNE he'd be running off some of the fat for Wentworthville too.

You want the money Sandow, get into the shape of an elite athlete. If he spits the dummy about it then it says EVERYTHING about the makeup of the bloke.

I say good on Kearney for it. Ultimately it will earn him more respect than it will lose him.

willie tonga should be there too cause IMO he is overweight and under performing atm and another game is what he needs

aargon

All you've got is a multimillion dollar contract and hangin out in a hot tub with Victoria Silvstedt, Playboy play mate of the year and your millions of dollars and Victoria Silvstedt, Playmate of the......................................................................................................f**k!!!!!!

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Meat pie in one hand, play mate of the year in another and $$$$ in the bank. Who cares what you chumps all think.

Bretto

Bench
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Meat pie in one hand, play mate of the year in another and $$$$ in the bank. Who cares what you chumps all think.

That's all well and good, but what kind of attitude is that? I'd be f**king disgusted if that was his attitude, and particularly if I was an Eels fan. No club will want him if that's his attitude.

Sandow was in shape last season - he was thin and fit. It's not hard to see that all he's done in the off season is sit around with his mountains of cash and hit the drink hard.

If you're getting paid $550,000 per year, you owe it to your friends, family, fans and yourself, to be in the best possible physical condition you can be in, and be playing at the very top of your game, or at least be striving to. If you aren't, then go get a job at the local council. (No offence to anyone who works for the council)

Boganater

Juniors

:lol: Matt Stone & Trey Parker. Baseketball so geniused but hilarious

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Who at Parramatta gets paid that much?

The entire entity.

Suggesting there is higher paid.

Boganater

Juniors
I think everyone is a bit harsh on Sandow he has the talent, if it was just him you could understand the scrutiny but it seems like there are a few players in the same boat and for that you can only blame the coach.
If Parra had a decent coach they wouldn't be unfit and playing like shit. Kearney must have gone to the same coaching school as Furner. They don't have a game plan or they can't get the players to buy into it.
If Bellamy were Parra's coach they would be world beaters

Billythekid

First Grade
I think it's a little harsh singling out 1 player when most of the team look like they aren't even trying. Yeah they paid massive overs for him but now that they have him i think this is a dumb move. There are plenty of players at parra playing a lot worse than him.

Loudstrat

Coach
Remember the 550k figure came from a butthurt Rusty. Try 400k. Sure, he aint playing like a 400k player, but who apart from hayne, and anyone on 60k - is earning their keep?

natheel

Coach
This will either make or break him, I hope he takes it like a man and plays to his ability which is way above NSW cup

sputneek

Juniors
Eels are a joke and a fkn rabble. You let Sandow get overweight. NO player will sign there now, look what it does to your career.