What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fat Sandow sent to NSW Cup

sputneek

Juniors
He's lost muscle and gained fat = same weight. Eels training regime must have done it to him. Look at Hindmarsh, Horo etc.

edabomb

First Grade
He isn't doing anything dramatically different then he did at Souffs. Cant believe how dumb the Eels were to spend so much on him. Why do you think the Broncos wouldn't touch him for that coin?

Agree.

The bloke seems to get the most excited when he scores a try. It doesn't matter if his team is leading or down by 20 he's pointing to the cameras and signalling like a traffic cop in peak hour traffic. Definitely not a team first player for mine.

Bretto

Bench
There's no way he's the same weight. Look at photos of him playing for Souths compared to now. He's put on muscle in his forearms/biceps and his stomach is huge now. As someone who's weight has been up and down before, and who has lost 20kgs to get back down to fighting weight, I would say he's about 10-12kgs heavier this year than last.

natheel

Coach
There's no way he's the same weight. Look at photos of him playing for Souths compared to now. He's put on muscle in his forearms/biceps and his stomach is huge now. As someone who's weight has been up and down before, and who has lost 20kgs to get back down to fighting weight, I would say he's about 10-12kgs heavier this year than last.

LOL 10 -12 heavier? Lol

Loudstrat

Coach
Amazing when a player is down in form all the cretins crawl out from under their rock. Now Sandow is 12kg heaver because some gimp saw a photo. If you like scoring tries you aint a team player. What are you f*cking expected to do? Weep????

Funniest of all - Parramatta will never ever sign another player :lol::lol:

natheel

Coach
Straty it's ridiculous, this is honestly a good move in my mind it'll show us fans weather or not he is serious. If he is he will dig in and have a go in NSW cup and come back with some confidence against tigers in round 8

natheel

Coach
He's lost muscle and gained fat = same weight. Eels training regime must have done it to him. Look at Hindmarsh, Horo etc.

Have you watched hindy his whole career? He's never had a natural footballers body. He's always had a gut and an arse on him. But he has never lost his fitness

lockyno1

Post Whore
You put a Mars Bar on the try line and he'll run quickly there lol...he is just fat and there is no two ways about it!

Eels Dude

Coach
Agree.

The bloke seems to get the most excited when he scores a try. It doesn't matter if his team is leading or down by 20 he's pointing to the cameras and signalling like a traffic cop in peak hour traffic. Definitely not a team first player for mine.

That's what annoys me as an Eels fan, and worried me last year because he was doing that a lot at Souths. Even in our only win against Manly he took a shot for field goal in the 30th minute. He missed, but he would have celebrated if it went over, when there was still 50 minutes left in the game.

Bretto

Bench
Have you watched hindy his whole career? He's never had a natural footballers body. He's always had a gut and an arse on him. But he has never lost his fitness

No one's talking about fitness though. You can look fat and be fit. A lot of UFC fighters carry extra weight, but they can still run 5km in under 25 mins and go 3, 5 minute rounds flat out.

I should probably qualify that I haven't seen Sandow play since round 1 or 2, so he may have since lost a few KGs.

Last edited:

tangalife

Juniors
Agree.

This, eels/souths would be down by 20 points and he will celebrate like hes just won the game. Some of his team eat it up and join him too.

I just cant believe Eels are paying this guy 550k. He looks like snooki

The Joker

Juniors
He needs some words of encouragement from Owen Craigie.....

images

carcharias

Immortal
If by Kearney, you mean Wayne Bennett, then yes. I think Kearney is a joke BUT if the Eels FO think he is the right man, they have to build a team that fits his strength, a grinding game of football that relies on ruck dominance and controlled half play. He's got none of that now.

Kearney is a massive problem.
Looked awesome washing the jerseys for Bellamy...but now he has a got a gig to himself everything he has touched has turned to shyte.
Including NZ - last years woeful 4 nations effort comes to mind........( Watch them win on Friday now I have said that :) )

Parra were great to watch .
Now mind numbingly hopeless....Every other team ( maybe not Dragons ) would have flogged the Sharks on Saturday.
He is to Parra what Chris Anderson was to Cronulla..f**k him off as soon as possible....yesterday would not be soon enough.

redvscotty

First Grade
Parra ruins careers.

1. Justin Poore
2. Chris 'Chrissy' Sandow
3. Tonga probably (both of them).

Can't under stand a bloke wanting to be called Chrissy. Reminds me of that fat chick on daytime TV on channel 10 (on the Circle maybe?)

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Kearney is a massive problem.
Looked awesome washing the jerseys for Bellamy...but now he has a got a gig to himself everything he has touched has turned to shyte.
Including NZ - last years woeful 4 nations effort comes to mind........( Watch them win on Friday now I have said that :) )

Parra were great to watch .
Now mind numbingly hopeless....Every other team ( maybe not Dragons ) would have flogged the Sharks on Saturday.
He is to Parra what Chris Anderson was to Cronulla..f**k him off as soon as possible....yesterday would not be soon enough.

:lol::lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Then dont. That figure was a twitter hissy fit from phone chucker. Massive :lol: to the spastics who take it as gospel.
And it's only been denied by Eels fans having a hissy fit.

Firstly, it would make sense if Crowe knew the precise figure. He would have been told what offer we needed to match. Secondly, I've heard 3rd parties including managers say the same number.

You said 400k before, there is no extra evidence suggesting 400k. You're just pulling numbers out of your arse.

StormHi

Juniors
I wonder if Tonga will get his spot back on the Qld team over Neilson ?

I really rated Sandow at the start of the season and Roberts and I still think he is capable of great things but he is a confidence play and runs off of instincts and when things aren't going up he tries to conjure up miracles instead of just playing his natural game. I don't think Kearnys rigid style is what the eels need I think a sheens or Brian smith type coaches what they need.

His weight issues may be a by product of depression ( don't laugh it does happen) who knows maybe this "punishment " is what he needs to hit some form diddnt it work for Carney when he was at the roosters I can't remember.