What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fatigue question

NPK

Bench
Please only reply if you actually know the answer or have something not abusive to say. (Don't say this should be in the questions for Mario thread, as this question isn't necessarily for him and he doesn't seem to reply to that thread anymore anyway.)

I know that there are interchanges in the game and that when players are fatigued, they are more likely to make mistakes, run slower etc, but how do they know they are fatigued? I mean, is there a fatigue meter for every player that we can have a quick look at during the game so that we can handle our interchanges well, or do we have to guess that a player is fatigued because he just dropped a couple of passes, for example?
In real life, the coaches would mainly look at a player's body language to tell if he needs a rest, but this game doesn't have that, hence my question :D

broncos4eva

Juniors
Good question. I would have thought that vossy may have slipped in a line like " Webckes feeling the pressure now and starting to look a bit weak"....etc..but going by the 23min vid, it doesnt look like thats in there so im guessing that its upto the player to take notice of when the player is slowing down, dropping balls more often, etc....i may be wrong but this is my prediction :)

TripleM

Juniors
Most games with fatigue have some sort of "fatigue bar" when you go look, say, at the interchange/sub screen. I don't have that 23 min vid on this computer, does anyone remember if it showed anything on those menus?

Goleel

Juniors
Players will show visible signs of fatigue last I had heard, heads down, hands on heads or crouched over resting on their knees, so that's when you'll know to interchange them, but I'm not sure how fatigue effects players on field, running slower would be the obvious one, as well as missing tackles or not building as much aggression in tackles. Other than that, I'm not sure of the exacts, I don't think they were ever revealed.

Jono Russell

Bench
i like the way soccer games do it, how when you look at your line up in the pause menu, each players will have a percentage next to there name like 100% being the best and 0% being the worst. and from that you can see how fatigued they are

PONGIA

Juniors
i think u will b able to tell when u will have to interchange a player as if they are tired and run slower u just wont see them running slower u will realise that the sprint button is less responsive... i remember a couple of times playing ARL96 that some players would just stop sprinting... (not that ARL96 had fatigue) but that and i think if u were trying to play a game as real as u possibly could going to your bench will be a novelty type thing where after a certain amount of time u will want fresh fowards coming on...

JoeD

First Grade
I have another fatigue related question. Is fatigue attributed as time on the field or will each player fatigue independently depending on how many tackles/ hit ups he has made?

millomite

Juniors
just downloaded the video, only took 30 secs on my university computers, it downloads at 4 mb a second. its looking good

Latest posts