What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faumuina may fly to Sea Eagles

Faumuina may fly to Sea Eagles

August 30, 2006

WARRIORS international Sione Faumuina is set to part company with the club and may be headed to Manly.
Faumuina, who has had a major falling-out with coach Ivan Cleary, is understood to have been released by the Warriors after a series of off-field incidents.
The development comes just weeks after Warriors management talked him out of quitting the club. At the time he was heavily linked with the Sea Eagles as a back-row replacement for Ben Kennedy and it is thought he still hopes to join the Sydney club next season.
The 25-year-old utility met Warriors management yesterday to discuss his future and an announcement is expected today.
Brad Walter

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/faumuina-may-fly-to-sea-eagles/2006/08/29/1156816902013.html

Lego_Man

First Grade
He's gone, the warriors are making an announcement today. A pity really, if he buckles down he could be a superb backrower.

Cletus

First Grade
Ooooooooooooooooooh! He'd be a top buy for Manly and don't say I told you so! I've pissed off so many Warriors fans by even askng whether he's been available:crazy:. He'd be a top 13 for Manly next year. Hello Sione!!!!!!!!!

How can the Sea-Eagles afford him ? I know BK is retiring but surely most of, if not all, his contract would go towards covering Jamie Lyons. Also lets not forget that Matt Orford is on a rolling contract with him being on peanuts this year.

The Silver Tails are back folks !!!

effnic

Bench
Ewan McGrady's Lovechild said:
How can the Sea-Eagles afford him ? I know BK is retiring but surely most of, if not all, his contract would go towards covering Jamie Lyons. Also lets not forget that Matt Orford is on a rolling contract with him being on peanuts this year.

The Silver Tails are back folks !!!
Where the hell were you when the manly are making an offer to steve simpson contract thread was around seriously are we gonna go through this everytime manly buy a f**king player.

Inferno

Coach
A bit inconsistant. One week he'll rip teams apart (like he did to us) then the next week barely be seen.

Would be a great pickup IMO.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
If he's on fire then he's great. Problem with him is he's very inconsistent. But he has consistant drinking problems.

skeepe

Immortal
This isn't the first time Faumuina has departed a club under acrimonious circumstances. Going for third time lucky?

Do Manly even have a salary cap?

Blaze

Juniors
Thank god. The guy is a f**kwit. He is everything that has been wrong with the Warriors for the last 3 years and would have been out on his arse a lot earlier if he wasn't such a high profile player.

He truely believes he is some sort of superstar when really he isn't. Sure he can be brilliant on attack, and has outstanding ball skills but he is so inconsistant, turns over so much ball and misses way too many tackles, particuarly close to the goal line.

I hope the Sea Eagles can get him into shape, because he is awesome to watch at his best, but I am very glad we let him go.

skeepe

Immortal
I do find it interesting that he left the Raiders originally because he was "homesick", yet once he returned home it appears that his behaviour hasn't improved at all.

I wonder how long he'll be at Manly before the "homesick" excuse comes out again.