What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faumuina may fly to Sea Eagles

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
skeepe said:
I do find it interesting that he left the Raiders originally because he was "homesick", yet once he returned home it appears that his behaviour hasn't improved at all.

I wonder how long he'll be at Manly before the "homesick" excuse comes out again.

He'll be fine, theres plenty of pubs in Manly.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
NZ Warriors sack Faumuina

August 30, 2006 - 8:19AM

Backrower Sione Faumuina has been sacked by the New Zealand Warriors for an alcohol-related incident when the NRL club defeated the Sydney Roosters in Auckland.

Chief executive Wayne Scurrah confirmed that the Warriors had ended the two-Test Kiwi's contract, which was to have run until the end of next season.

"It relates to alcohol-related behaviour at the Roosters game," he told NZPA.

"I'm not going into specific details but it was unacceptable. There was some incident with serious misconduct and we met with Sione and have terminated his contract."

Faumuina, 25, missed the Warriors' four-match winning streak, having broken his hand in the 36-6 loss to Penrith five weeks ago.

The injury ended his season and left him on 99 NRL appearances, of which 11 were for Canberra before he joined the Warriors at the start of 2002.

There have been previous reported incidents involving Faumuina and alcohol, and Scurrah said the Warriors were disappointed to have to make the decision to let him go.

"He's highly regarded by the club and has been here for a long time," he said.

"Certainly the last thing we wanted is his contract torn up."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/NZ-...816933202.html

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
How stupid must he be? They're just looking for a reason to sack him, and he provides it.

Hope he gets the help he needs.

JJ

Immortal
wasted talent - interesting to see whether Hasler et al can turn him around

Briza

Juniors
He Certainly sounds like a handfull?

I'm confident Des and his team can change his attitude, and help him develop into the outstanding player he will become.

dowdz said:
Why? Yes it must be a bad thing to purchase an international rugby league player.

two tests. big deal. tevita latu is an international player as well. also toopi.

good riddence faumuina u used you last chance a few too many chances.

skeepe

Immortal
Is Manly's salary cap double that of the rest of the clubs?

Jamie Lyon - $400k
Brent Kite - $300k
Matt Orford - $550k
Steve Bell - $400k

Not to mention all the other players on their books. And yet they can STILL throw money at Sione Faumuina?

Briza

Juniors
skeepe said:

Jamie Lyon - $400k
Brent Kite - $300k
Matt Orford - $550k
Steve Bell - $400k

Not to mention all the other players on their books. And yet they can STILL throw money at Sione Faumuina?

We're Manly, rugby League's saving grace - we don't have a salary cap :lol:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Bell is not on $400K. Kite was on a forward loaded contract. Remember we had $1m available under the salary cap prior to privatisation? We used that money to forward date contacts. IE pay more at the start and less at the end...

We have lost (off the top of my head):
BK
Lulu
Alberts
Cleal

We have signed Lyon. And the salary cap has gone up.

Just because Canberra can't get anybody of 'value' doesn't mean other clubs have a salary cap problem. It just means your club sucks.

Disco

Bench
skeepe said:

Jamie Lyon - $400k
Brent Kite - $300k
Matt Orford - $550k
Steve Bell - $400k

LMAO Bell on 400k

his on more like 220k

Disco

Bench
douglasallen91 said:
i wonder if manly got in his ear and told him to act up to get out of his contract with the warriors to go to manly.

I really wouldn't be surprised, we were chasing hard after backrowers, then spoke to Sione, then seem to go quite and just sit on our hands

Maybe we were waiting for Sione

Disco

Bench
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Bell is not on $400K. Kite was on a forward loaded contract. Remember we had $1m available under the salary cap prior to privatisation? We used that money to forward date contacts. IE pay more at the start and less at the end...

We have lost (off the top of my head):
BK
Lulu
Alberts
Cleal

We have signed Lyon. And the salary cap has gone up.

Just because Canberra can't get anybody of 'value' doesn't mean other clubs have a salary cap problem. It just means your club sucks.
Dont forget that deadsh*t Witt, he was on something stupid like 200k

Y2Eel

First Grade
Could be a good signing wont replace BK no one can but if he gets "it" together could be a good venture for manly, Well Done i say for throwing him a life line.

Latest posts