What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fave snacks during footy

emjaycee

Coach
I was sitting in The Highway Inn one day and two really large women came in, talking in an interesting accent.
So I said, "Cool accent, are you two ladies from Ireland?"
One of them snarled at me, "It's Wales, Dumbo!"
So I corrected myself, "My apologies, so are you two whales from Ireland?"
Love your effort Pete... especially given that today is international women's day

parra pete

Referee
Hay @parra pete - did you have much to do with Group 9 footy

Not much..However I moved to Thurgoona (Albury) after living in Hay for over 50 years (last September)...in Group 9 territory now..but am a bit long in the tooth these days to get involved in Club or Group administration. Still follow the Magpies in Hay of which I am a Life Member, and a Hall of Famer...and it is a Club I love dearly. Will get to watch the Albury Thunder this season - there are a coupla Hay boys playing there --love watching Group football though..Nothing like it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hey, pete, I'm trying to think of a joke with a punchline about making Hay while the sun shines but I've got nothing.

emjaycee

Coach
Did you hear about the farmer's boy who hated the country ? He went to the big city and got a job as a shoeshine boy and so the farmer made hay while the sun shone !

emjaycee

Coach
Not much..However I moved to Thurgoona (Albury) after living in Hay for over 50 years (last September)...in Group 9 territory now..but am a bit long in the tooth these days to get involved in Club or Group administration. Still follow the Magpies in Hay of which I am a Life Member, and a Hall of Famer...and it is a Club I love dearly. Will get to watch the Albury Thunder this season - there are a coupla Hay boys playing there --love watching Group football though..Nothing like it.

I knew you were involved heavily in Hay footy - just wasnt sure if you knew anyone in Group 9. I knew a one of the leading refs from up that way (Tony Young) and only found out this week that he passed in 2016. Tony was a life member of the COUNTRY RUGBY LEAGUE REFEREES' ASSOCIATION

parra pete

Referee
I knew you were involved heavily in Hay footy - just wasnt sure if you knew anyone in Group 9. I knew a one of the leading refs from up that way (Tony Young) and only found out this week that he passed in 2016. Tony was a life member of the COUNTRY RUGBY LEAGUE REFEREES' ASSOCIATION

I knew Tony..not well, but I knew him. His work in Rugby League is legendary. Tony came to Hay in the early seventies schooling referees (he was accompanied by Keith Page)
https://www.youngwitness.com.au/story/3693281/gentleman-of-the-game/

Hey, pete, I'm trying to think of a joke with a punchline about making Hay while the sun shines but I've got nothing.

Well, you could construct an elaborate story about a middle-aged bloke who fancied a lady called Kay, but as both of these people were married they could only hook-up when they each had an excuse to be out of the house at night. So this bloke arranged a meeting in the local park at night, after picking up his son from a Boy Scouts meeting. But as it was so dark this bloke had get his son to supply torchlight to festivities. Hence, the bloke tried to 'Mate Kay while his son shines'.

emjaycee

Coach
I knew Tony..not well, but I knew him. His work in Rugby League is legendary. Tony came to Hay in the early seventies schooling referees (he was accompanied by Keith Page)
https://www.youngwitness.com.au/story/3693281/gentleman-of-the-game/
Have read all those article mate - Tony was fostered as a boy by my great-aunties husband and he cared for her for the last 25 years of her life. I had holidays on the farm for years and used to go to Saturday games with Tony all over the Riverina.

Have read all those article mate - Tony was fostered as a boy by my great-aunties husband and he cared for her for the last 25 years of her life. I had holidays on the farm for years and used to go to Saturday games with Tony all over the Riverina.

A mate of mine played in an undefeated team for Tumbarumba. You'd probably know a few Goldspinks?

parra pete

Referee
A mate of mine played in an undefeated team for Tumbarumba. You'd probably know a few Goldspinks?

I was a business partner with Kevin in a Hotel/Motel in Hay for over 20 years....and yes, I know most of the Goldspink clan. Wonderful people, salt of the earth.....