What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Shoulder Charge Of All Time?

Yoda

Juniors
Harragon v Carroll from the mid-90's. A shoulder charge fuelled by hate was a wonderful thing.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Gavin Allen on Harragon Origin game. Not sure what year but it was massive. Harragon still getting over it.

Nerd

Bench
Wally Lewis on Tuutu? during a test in NZ. I think was just before half time but changed the momentum of the game.

Lambretta

First Grade
Adrian Morley on Richard Villasanti in the 2002 Grand Final is a personal fave - not because it was such a massive hit, but more because of the lift it gave the whole team.

From that point onwards the Warriors weren't in the game again.

Danish

Referee
Morley absolutely destroyed Jason King and then Steve Matai in back to back hits in 2005.

I remember there was actually some articles in the week previous complaining about shoulder charges but then everyone collectively orgasmed over those hits and all the talk went away :lol:

EDIT: video of the hit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l852c8mEIOE

Last edited:

Special K

Coach
SBW on Clinton is the first that comes to mind. So epic considering Clinton kept going and SBW stood his ground.

New Personal fav has to be Wade Graham belting Hoffman twice in a 5 minute period as if he stole something. edit and I forgot about his belter on Beale and Poms shoulder also - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gexw75jDNYI what a game for the sharks this one was!

or kidwell on mason!? or pritchard on hunt!? geez how can they get rid of it!

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Olsen Filipaina on Wally - more than once. The Frank Pritchard "traitor" hit on cutie was a classic as well.

Lambretta

First Grade
I don't believe there are Rugby League fans that think nothing will be lost. Makes me sick.

A large part of the game will be lost if the decision is carried out. Shoulder charges don't happen often, but when they do they light up the game every bit as much as a length of the field try.

If they decide to go ahead with this, which I have my doubts over, then they will soon realise their mistake when people vote with their feet and stop watching.

Other codes must be f**king creaming their pants over this decision. It's utterly moronic.

adamkungl

Immortal
A large part of the game will be lost if the decision is carried out. Shoulder charges don't happen often, but when they do they light up the game every bit as much as a length of the field try.

If they decide to go ahead with this, which I have my doubts over, then they will soon realise their mistake when people vote with their feet and stop watching.

Other codes must be f**king creaming their pants over this decision. It's utterly moronic.

I know the game will be *mostly* the same.. but I can't help just feeling gutted over this. If it goes through, I don't think I'll ever see the game of Rugby League the same way again.

Latest posts