What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Shoulder Charge Of All Time?

Hutty1986

Immortal
SBW sending Flannery into next week was an absolute farkin cracker, despite the fact he's a dog

Chainshada

Juniors
It was a while back, but I remember a Warriors v Roosters game where the warriors had a big, young winger who decided it was a good idea sprint on a kick return and ran full flight into Adrian Morley's shoulder, almost knocked himself out.

Anyone able to recall the game/player name?

Godz Illa

Coach
Skip to the 0.55 second mark for mine. Memorable because it was try-saver. Peter Coyne on Brett Rodwell. At the ground it seemed Peter Coyne launched himself from 5 metres away, preventing a certain try

[youtube]s7sTeDCpvro[/youtube]

soc123_au

Staff member
It wasn't so much a shoulder charge but a tackle under the inside of his shoulder. Izzard on Benny. It was brutal, Izzard was like a flash you just saw Benny leave the right hand side of the screen at 9000km/h.

One of the best tackles of all time, although that tackle would still be legal in 2013 it wouldnt have gotten that far, the tackle that gave the Tigers possession would have had a few blokes in trouble. I think that was the same game that Backdoor was blowing up over the infamous Izzard bat forward try. I will see if there is any footage of that on you tube.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Not sure if its been mentioned but Meli pulled off a couple of rippers on Tate.

i still suspect a lot of tate's neck problems were caused by meli. Meli just seemed to have a knack for smashing him

Robbie Ross on Lam

thats was f**king huge. turned the game as well even though it was early on

One of the biggest hits I've ever seen is from Marvin Filipo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRH3YssZAHM

that was HUGE

f**king arlc

hitman82

Bench
It was a while back, but I remember a Warriors v Roosters game where the warriors had a big, young winger who decided it was a good idea sprint on a kick return and ran full flight into Adrian Morley's shoulder, almost knocked himself out.

Anyone able to recall the game/player name?

:lol: Paul Atkins!

Young 80kg winger/fullback on debut.

It was his first and last game of NRL. Ran it straight at Morley two tackles in a row and got pole-axed both times.

I remember laughing my ass off at the time. A true display of youthful insanity and awesomeness.

He's now a Physical Education teacher in Auckland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Atkins_(rugby_league)

Perth Red

Post Whore
The more I watch these vids being posted the sadder I get that one of the great things of our game has been consigned to the history books.

nqcowboy87

Bench
im not a fan of the person but , ill admit sonny can play and tackle, his hits on flannery and clinton in 04 where brilliant.
there was an absolute belter in a 2008 semi involving ruben wiki, as well as wikis hit on lam
roosters broncos good friday 2005 webcke got smashed on a kick return
guttenbiel on catic 04 is one of my personal favourties, it was a bit of a dickish move to stand over him and gloat, but he was fired up, but it was one of the only games they fired up for that year.

i can see the method behind the madness in banning it, but i still think its an over reaction.

and anybody who says inglis hit on young was awesome, it was messed up he belted his shooulder right in his face. nigel vagana hit paul deacon in a similiar tackle in a tri nations match in 2005 and deacons injuries where compared to that of a car crash victims

axl rose

Bench
i still suspect a lot of tate's neck problems were caused by meli. Meli just seemed to have a knack for smashing him

Wasn't the best read in defence but he always seemed to have Tate locked on target.

Brett Rodwell try saver on Coyne, one of the best. That was in just about every highlight package for years, back in the day.

Galloway on Friend http://youtu.be/GBAywxwxyJk

Last edited:

ShaneO85

Juniors
Yow Yeh's reverse shoulder charge.

[youtube]yc36YVrN584[/youtube]
was at this game with a pommy mate who was a big rahrah fan... he couldn't believe his eyes when jahral did that... even better it was on that imposter benji

Latest posts