What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourable Draw

TruSaint

Referee
True, swings and roundabouts. As long as we finish in the top four I don't care who we win or lose to. I'm just excited.

Agree,

and yes game at a time indeed.
It is though a good draw, and based on our form ( not just winning ), but the style of footy we are playing, we can finish and should finish in the top 4-5.

Add to that, our F & A, is most impressive, so any loss in a close contest wont hurt us as badly.

Exciting times...

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Look at the draw for the rest of the season it seems to be quite favourable to us. Considering that our next game we will have both Dugan and Widdop back in ther side.

R12 - Bye - SOO1
R13 - Tigers (H)
R14 - Bulldogs (A)
R15 - Eels (A) - SOO2
R16 - Knights (H)
R17 - Titans (A)
R18 - Bye - SOO3
R19 - Raider (A)
R20 - Manly (H)
R21 - Knights (A)
R22 - Souths - (H)
R23 - Titans (H)
R24 - Broncos (A)
R25 - Panthers (A)
R26 - Bulldogs (H)

So looking at the remaining games this season, plenty of winnable games! The problem games I see are Raiders (A) and Broncos (A). All other games are very winnable games! with a full strength team and our forwards firing I really like our chances. Whats everyone's thoughts?

Sorry cant give you mine till after round 26......any team on the day can win no matter where they are placed on the ladder....taking in Origin, Injuries and the affect players signing with other clubs has on the team and those players concerned and their individual performances......look at The Tigers say no more

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The beauty of it is they get Widdop back during this origin period all freshened up. Just hope Friz, JDB and Vaughn don't get injured.

SaintElroy

Juniors
If somebody asked me if we could finish top 4 I would have punched them square in the dick for being a smartarse. Keep playing the way we are and with this draw it's quite the possibility. I'm loving the ride.

FlameThrower

Bench
If somebody asked me if we could finish top 4 I would have punched them square in the dick for being a smartarse. Keep playing the way we are and with this draw it's quite the possibility. I'm loving the ride.
We were tied for wooden spoon with Knights.. so called experts and some certain sections of the media still love to talk us down ..

SaintElroy

Juniors
We were tied for wooden spoon with Knights.. so called experts and some certain sections of the media still love to talk us down ..

I reckon mate. On paper I thought we were probably a 7th/8th side if we turned up. Wasn't expecting all the boys to be firing at once. Let's hope they can maintain it. At least we have been consistent and competitive. A lot of teams are up and down on form all year.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
At the start of the season most people thought Mary should be moved on unless we made a GF, so its interesting how many here are quite happy to keep him on just making the Top 8, so IMHO with our favourable draw + the refs being against us, so finishing in the Top 5 should be are fair and reasonable target for all concerned.
I would also like to see an agreement between Saints, Broncos and Sharks to have there new prized signing switched for the remainder of the year.
Hunt to the Dragons, Bird to the Broncos and Dugan to the Sharks.
Great idea hope it gets approved

TruSaint

Referee
Sorry cant give you mine till after round 26......any team on the day can win no matter where they are placed on the ladder....taking in Origin, Injuries and the affect players signing with other clubs has on the team and those players concerned and their individual performances......look at The Tigers say no more

WE have learnt the hard way BSE ... lol..
I get your point mate

mickeylane

Bench
I think we will lose possibly 3 games:
Canberra
Broncos and one of the Bulldogs games
If that happens we finish top 2 on 36 points

Alec's-saints

Juniors
5 more wins will secure a top 8 spot. we're on 18 points including the bye. we would need to win 8 or more games to make the top 4. we're a shoe in

Life's Good

Coach
Like someone said earlier there are no easy games and that is the attitude we should be taking into the remaining rounds(although hard to question attitude given the performances thus far). Hopefully the injuries to Widdop & Dugan will be the last we cop and we remain at full strength from here. Confident of finishing Top 8 and think we will finish around 5th for a home semi.

denis preston

First Grade
I kinda agree that making the 8 will only make us as successful as 2015 and this side is playing far better. If we make the 4 and win at least one semi game than sign him up ( or sign him up now if Daley is a coach contender ! ) The other point to raise is are we are contender to win the whole thing ? I personally don't think so but I would like to see some of our 5 or 6 younger players given a go in preparation for next season.