What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite All-Time Eels Victory

Captain BF

Juniors
One of favourites is the 74 -4 smashing of the Sharkies... Funny stuff....

2000 vs Newcastle @ Parra. The 1st home game i missed in about 10 years. I was on the way to the game with my Dad, when a mate rang me. He said "I'm stuck in a ditch in my new car with that hot girl from work and she is freaking out" I went and dragged his car out of the ditch and in doing so blew my clutch. I said to my Dad on the way home, "I'm gunna marry that chick!"

10 years later and that hot girl that we worked with is my wife and we have a beautiful little girl and a second child on the way...

It's the only time she has ever made me miss a Parra game, it was worth it....

p.s. Parra won!

Last edited:

barney gumble

Juniors
Parramatta V St George at Cumberland Oval in 1962. Packed house..I can remember it like it happened yesterday. (July 15, 1962 Crowd 18,522.) It was memorable due to a couple of things..Ken Thornett, Ken Foord's intercept try, Peter Matson 5 from 5, and a record crowd.
I spoke about it with Noel Dolton - who was one of the props that day - on a cruise around Australia on Dawn Princess a couple of years ago. "Tombstone" rated the match highly in his memories also.
Me and my mates finished playing in Auburn at 1.30 and drove over to Cumberland Oval.
Parra won 19-8 with Peter Matson kicking 5 goals, and tries to Kenny Foord, Mike Jackson and Brian Hambly. Sadly Ken Foord, the intercept king, and Grumpy have now passed on to the other world.
Wins by Parra over St George were very rare. The previous time the boys had beaten St George was in 1958, 19/18.
I loved my games at Cumberland. Thinking about them now still gives me goosebumps...

Great stuff Pete. I have many fond memories of Cumberland too, though they don't go quite as far back as yours !! :roll: The last game at Cumberland was one of the best, no win but what a game. Remember John Peard sitting on top of the old score board as coach during the 1980 season?

'81 will always be special. Maybe it's cliche'd being our first, but the whole day is entrenched. No reserved seating so arriving at the SCG at 5am and lining up for the better seat. Cyclone level winds, sitting directly behind Crow as he toe pocked a conversion from the sideline in those winds. The Eels cowgirls cheerleaders (I was in love with all of them) and of course the gutsy win.
In my mind it doesn't seem so long ago but when I do the math it frightens me.

eels bloke

Juniors
surprised that nobody has mentioned our 36-6 destruction of St.George in Rd 2 1986.
our very first game at our brand new Parramatta Stadium.

Sterlo ran the show and got a perfect 10 from RLW. Steve Sharp scored the first try and the St. George prop was a certain P. Osbourne.

Not sure it was such a good win, but we beat them at their reopening of Kogarah, not sure on the date. Remember buying one of my very first RLW magazines with the cover story being "Party Poopers". Parra had spoiled their day, perhaps early 90's if anyone else recalls?

parra pete

Referee
Great stuff Pete. I have many fond memories of Cumberland too, though they don't go quite as far back as yours !! :roll: The last game at Cumberland was one of the best, no win but what a game. Remember John Peard sitting on top of the old score board as coach during the 1980 season?

'81 will always be special. Maybe it's cliche'd being our first, but the whole day is entrenched. No reserved seating so arriving at the SCG at 5am and lining up for the better seat. Cyclone level winds, sitting directly behind Crow as he toe pocked a conversion from the sideline in those winds. The Eels cowgirls cheerleaders (I was in love with all of them) and of course the gutsy win.
In my mind it doesn't seem so long ago but when I do the math it frightens me.

I got some clippings of that game somewhere..Will put them on here IF I can find them..but they are not too far away....ALSO have a picture of the crowd...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Parra 68 Brisbane 22, i've never seen a better attacking display by any team

Parra 22-St George 8 1990, Brian Jackson 3 tries, great game

Parra 14 Balmain 10 1990, Wayne Pearces last game at Leichardt, Liddiard had a blinder

Parramatta 56 Bulldogs 4 2005, scum bulldogs, suck sh*t

Parramatta 12 St George 14 1993, it was a great game, Parra won there first 3, Saints whilst they won we were the better side, if it wasn't for Gouley and Walford we win that game to make it 4 wins straight and who know, Mahon had a blinder too.

Loudstrat

Coach
Should be a no brainer for the top 4 - 1981, 1982, 1983 and 1986. We won premierships on those days ffs!

In my time the best game was Round 1 - 1986. The opening of Parra Stadium. The roar when Ray Price trudged alone onto the field would have been heard on the moon. Flogged St George too.

Other noteable ones:
The semi v Saints in 1976 - we won 31-6 and never made a mistake.
The semi v the Dogs in 1983 when Grothe scored his famous try - from memory Mortimer and Cronin both had absolute blinders and we won 30-22 or something like that.
Beating the full strength GB test side in 1992.
Eels v Brisbane semi in 1998 or 9 when Heather kicked out on the full at FT and Aaron Raper raised his arms
The semi when we belted Norths
The semi vs Saints last year
The belting of Melboring this year.

parralysed

Juniors
theres a couple of games that i absolutely loved the semi finals game agaisnt the bulldogs last year the atmosphere was amazing then the street party at parra afterwards

the other game was the 76-4 win against cronulla in 2003 that was unbelievable

Parra Guru

Coach
Should be a no brainer for the top 4 - 1981, 1982, 1983 and 1986. We won premierships on those days ffs!

In my time the best game was Round 1 - 1986. The opening of Parra Stadium. The roar when Ray Price trudged alone onto the field would have been heard on the moon. Flogged St George too.

Other noteable ones:
The semi v Saints in 1976 - we won 31-6 and never made a mistake.
The semi v the Dogs in 1983 when Grothe scored his famous try - from memory Mortimer and Cronin both had absolute blinders and we won 30-22 or something like that.
Beating the full strength GB test side in 1992.
Eels v Brisbane semi in 1998 or 9 when Heather kicked out on the full at FT and Aaron Raper raised his arms
The semi when we belted Norths
The semi vs Saints last year
The belting of Melboring this year.

I'm just quoting you so I don't have to stare at your gay avatar whilst reading your post :lol: