What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Cold Chisel Song !!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Skinner said:
Khe Sahn
Flame Trees
Star Hotel
Anything by Chisel will do me.

its a debarcle that it took till post 15 before Khe Sahn was mentioned

Khe Sahn, Cheap Win and Flame tree are my favourites

2 True Blues

Coach
j_tig said:
flame trees

Another of the few songs written by drummer Steve PRESTWICH....He composed it on Bass guiter. Of interest is that it features a key change from E major to G major which, according to conventional music theory, is a " Mistake ". But in this instance it provides dramatic contrast. PRESTWICH did not have lyrics for the song, however ( The true Chisel king ) Walker thought the music was too good to leave and he came back with the story of life, love tedium in a country town ( Supposedly Grafton NSW where WALKER spent part of his childhood ). Released in the third single from " twentieth century " It charted at number 24, September 1984.

And a fricken top song it was. many a beer with the old mates spent blurting that one out around the bonfire at the beach !!!

2 True Blues

Coach
Love that ballad WALKER wrote called " Four walls " Totally legend song. Chisel toured many gaols live within the states of NSW, Victoria and Sth Aus between 1974 and 1983, and this song was inspired thru WALKER as a result of their visitation rights.......

Skeletor

Juniors
Forever Now
Flame Trees
Cheap Wine
Khe Sanh (although that one in particular makes me miss home something shocking, because I know whatever time of day it is, someone, somewhere over there will be listening to it.)

2 True Blues

Coach
newtownbluebags said:
Goodbye (Astrid Goodbye) :D

This was Chisel's followup single to Khe Sanh in 1978, and it did not make the charts. I personally love the song, and it became Chisels favoured finale song in concert for obvious reasons.....

2 True Blues

Coach
How about the song " My turn to cry ".

This was BARNES's first, self completed song. It is about the story of a past love affair where BARNES told his then girlfriend to go out and have a good time while he was away. She did, met someone and married them. Chisel played the song live at the Countdown/TV week Rock Awards in 1981, with some additional lyrics by Don WALKER giving it to TV Week ( For trying to tell them what to do as a band ). The band then trashed the stage, smashing guitars and the drum kit and blowing the amps.....

2 True Blues

Coach
Cheap Wine: top song, Skeletor !!!! What are you doing in America anyway mate, working or studying ????

The song was Chisels FIRST top ten hit back in May 1980. From " EAST " album. Started a brief craze for lethal alcoholic concoctions call Rocket Fuels. LMAO........One of my mates obviously indulged in those too much up the school track prior to the school disco's at Engadine High School, as he thought the line was Cheap wine and a three legged goat.......

2 True Blues

Coach
Im gonna roll you ( Another WALKER song ) was from the Breakfast at Sweethearts album NBB. Not one of the more popularly known tunes but I liked it.

No copulation, no revolution.
Said the young Marquis de Sade.
But all the whips in france aint gonna get me
f**kin on a barricade.
From the schoolboys on, it was one big con
As we hung around the hockey teams.
In each boys brain the dream was the same,
All I ever went to do was to get laid.

Come on, come on,
Im gonna roll ya all night long....;-) :lol: :lol:

Plaza, Showtime, and Plaza were off the same album and are also not really well known, however VERY good songs.

2 True Blues

Coach
Sure was cobber. Rocket fuel anyone !!!!

Ive got the " Metho Blues " LOL........( Another not so well known song )....

Latest posts