What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite 'gamble' in the NRL

slippy

Juniors
Everyone loves a flutter at the TAB.

I've been extremely successful over the last few seasons by sticking to common occurrences which I see each week in the NRL.

For example, Brett Morris, Ben Barba often score 1st and I've found that Nathan Merritt scores the last try a sh*t load for Souffs.
I also made a lot of money of Fui Fui scoring last in the Eels run of 09, including the GF!

There seems to be a lot of trends which people notice and others don't week to week in the NRL.

What ones have you noticed/are you're favourites?
Interesting to see what people go for!

Jono078

Referee
First try scorer / Margin bets.

Love them, they pay at least $11 and go up to the hundreds.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I don't bet often, but tend to put a cheeky 5 or 10 on a half/full double if it's paying a bit.

Noticed the Warriors/Knights Half/full was paying around $9.50 (NZD) when I checked at the local pub during the day Saturday, which is ridiculous (we've been really good at squandering leads second half of year) was really tempted to put a tenner on that but didn't have any cash on me - d'oh!

BDR

First Grade
I also like the Half/Full double, tends to pay out quite a bit.

I've also noticed if you pick your games wisely betting 13+ is a good option - there are certain games you just know will be blowouts even if the head to head odds are pretty close.

northwest9

Juniors
i dont mind small bets on big upsets.

spastics like raiders paying $5 to beat melbourne, saw cam smith was out post origin, no slater, got on it, too easy

also, half time full time on qld has been generous for me for a few years

newman

First Grade
Everyone loves a flutter at the TAB.

Not everyone. I hate it. And for those who say that FTS pays well, you need to have your head read. In reality the lowest odds should be at least 26-1. 26 players on the field, only one can score first. To accept odds well below that is madness regardless of form or "likelihood" of scoring first. If you bet, you are being ripped off.

andrew057

First Grade
Not everyone. I hate it. And for those who say that FTS pays well, you need to have your head read. In reality the lowest odds should be at least 26-1. 26 players on the field, only one can score first. To accept odds well below that is madness regardless of form or "likelihood" of scoring first. If you bet, you are being ripped off.

You have nfi. That's like saying every match head to head each team should be paying $2.

Parra

Referee

What should the highest price be?

Flapper

First Grade
I generally stick to Pick the Winners these days, usually a $32 outlay for a decent return if it salutes.

Last edited:

newman

First Grade
You have nfi. That's like saying every match head to head each team should be paying $2.

No. It is you who has NFI if you think that getting 11-1 odds on an option where the true probability is 26-1 is good value.
By simply admitting to gambling on football you are admitting that you have no clue about life. The odds and system is stacked to take your money from you and the whole thing is leveraged to the advantage of the bookie or the TAB. Gambling is a mugs game. You will always come out well behing in the long run.

Latest posts