What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite 'gamble' in the NRL

MSIH

Bench
FTS makes book makers shit load of money

The average should be 26.00, so for every $10.00 player there should be a $66 player, if betting volumes were equal and tab was taking no profit

You never know how much is held on each player, but trust me they make shit loads

$66 or $42?

tangalife

Juniors
what does betting 'the line' mean?

i.e what is the line

i remember the first time doing last try scorer, decided to put $5 on frank paul nauasala paying $50 for a laugh. Last minute of the game he charges down a kick and gets the last try. Was hilarious.

Fire

First Grade
No. It is you who has NFI if you think that getting 11-1 odds on an option where the true probability is 26-1 is good value.
By simply admitting to gambling on football you are admitting that you have no clue about life. The odds and system is stacked to take your money from you and the whole thing is leveraged to the advantage of the bookie or the TAB. Gambling is a mugs game. You will always come out well behing in the long run.

Sounds like someone's mummy and daddy threw plates at each other because of gambling :lol:

I always bet on Tryscorers. First, Last, 2nd Half and First/Margin.

The only year I haven't come out ahead is this year, because we're sucking terribly and couldn't score a try if the opposition walked off the field.

Stick with your forwards and they'll pay in the long run.

Centrebet now have Trycorer/Winner (whereas TAB have TS/Margin) so that makes it a little easier even if the odds are shorter. The problem here is that Parramatta have to win for me to get up with this...

RHCP

Bench
This thread is starting to sound like the 50/50 goal kicking one.

Super line is my favourite.

Paullyboy

Coach
I also curse Wayne Bennett for leaving the dragons. It's insane how much of a sure thing it was for them to score first with a penalty goal and for ages it was paying 11s. They did finally cotton on and brought it as low as 6s, but I'd made my money by then.

For what it's worth, I avoid FTS like the plague. I know for a fact they make their best profits on that market purely because there are just so many probabilities to contend with.

lockyno1

Post Whore
"I tend to go with 2 Head to Head's (one obvious, one roughie) and then 2-3 "Super Margins

Loudstrat

Coach
Everyone loves a flutter at the TAB.
Only if you are a brainless f*ckwit. There is no more boring place in a shopping centre than a TAB, except maybe a knitting shop. And to have Munsies ugly dial plastered all over half time is a desecration to a great game. If you want to throw your hard earned at rich gimps like Tom Waterhouse, just mail it to the useless f*ck.

Robbie'o'Davis

Juniors
Pick your own line thats all i do these days, 3-4 leg multi...

the 1-12 margin has to be one of the worst bets, you find yourself cheering on the other team to score at times.

Parra

Referee
you find yourself cheering on the other team to score at times.

True. We used to take pick the score with multiple choices for the mid week cup games. You'd look like an idiot cheering for a try one minute and then whinging when the conversion was successful. Or cheering one side to a score you'd picked and then cheering the other side . Good reason to go to the footy on a Wednesday night though, regardless of who was playing.

eozsmiles

Bench
Super line or pick your own line, whatever you want to call it. Great way to bet and great for multis.

If you don't like losing then find a team playing at home and paying $1.30 or less head to head, then back them +12.5. You could go for some damn long streaks without backing a loser ........ This week's qualifier is the Bronco's.

Last start winner playing at home is great. You get an in form team playing at home and usually against a weaker opponent......... This week you could back Souths, Canberra, or the Doggies.

Any underdog playing at home , apparently you only need to eliminate a few obvious strugglers to do very well over the course of the season. I don't do it, I prefer favourites, but I know someone who is right into it.......... Roosters and St George fit the bill this week.

Latest posts