What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Gridiron Movie

Collateral

Coach
What is your favourite Gridiron movie of all time?

Mine would have to be, without a doubt...Any Given Sunday...it is one of my alltime favourite movies.

Lawrence Taylor does a great job in his role playing himself...Al Pacino really suits the Role and Jamie Foxx kills it as Willie Beamen.

Great movie to use to pump up for football as well!

Paper Lion (1968). An oldie, based on the book by writer George Plimpton, who spent the 1963 training camp with the Detroit Lions. A young Alan Alda plays Plimpton, and the Lions players played themselves. Lions DT Alex Karras got his start in show biz from this movie - he went on to act in Blazing Saddles, and had a tv career after that. If you can find a copy of the video, it gives a good look back at the NFL of the 60s. The linemen were a lot smaller then.

The book is an excellent read as well, but I don't know how available it or the movie are down under.

leaguerules

Juniors
Probable remeber the titans (denzel awsome actor)

also enjoyed the replacements
and The program
my order would be
1. Remember the titans
2. The replacements
3. The program

Ive been meaning to hire any given sunday

Another oldie but goodie: The Longest Yard, with Burt Reynolds. The plot, about a game between prison guards and convicts, was contrived, but the football game itself was very well done.

lolesi

First Grade
Any Given Sunday!

Love Al Pacinos speech

AlPacino-PeaceWithInchesSpeech.mp3

Always good for a listen

legend

Coach
Jerry McGuire? :lol:

There are a few.

Any given Sunday
Wildcats
Remember the Titans.

Cupid Stunt

Any Given Sunday. The Program. Something else I cant remember???

As long as it isnt that crapfest Rudy or Remember The Titans. As honest & close to the truth as "The Hurricane"! :mrgreen:

Dragons Cross

Juniors
My favorite would have to be Varsity Blues. I know its a corny teen movie but it really gets you pumped when you watch it, the style that they shot the football scenes makes it feel like you're there in the trenches.

Any given sunday is great, the eye!

Also the Waterboy is tops because of the hilarious massive hits and Adam Sandler.

Yes, North Dallas Forty is based on a book by Peter Gent, who played receiver for the Dallas Cowboys. The book and movie try to show the brutality of the NFL.

Collateral

Coach
I dunno what it is, but I never really cared for remeber the Titans...just didnt grab me I guess.

Cant praise Any Given Sunday enough though :p

The Moose

Juniors
Jim Brown: "They think that you are a bunch of low brow neanderthal shitheads... they think theu are gonna leave you on the highway with your insides hanging out so the goddamned buzzards can eat your no-playin asses!!!"

Sharks player: "Coach your gonna get a stroke"

Brown: "I don't get strokes motherf**ker, I give em'!!!"

Or something to that effect. Favorite part of my favorite movie. Good stuff

Latest posts